1. June 3, 2015  
    No one knows if they will get banned for killing it. It was done on retail though, but it was a lot harder so only a Mod can answer that, but selling the loot is definitely bannable.
    No, GMs are better qualified to answer questions regarding in-game policy.

As far as I know, the only way anyone would get banned is if they were exploiting in some way.

2. June 3, 2015  

As far as I know, the only way anyone would get banned is if they were exploiting in some way.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....legal-ban-able

Selling BoP drops to people who wasn't in the raid when the boss died is exploiting, and you can report if you find someone selling them.

3. June 3, 2015  
    Not sure what's your point.
    She was talking about the actual question of the thread - "Is Soloing Alysrazor Bannable" - not about selling loot, which is something for which a rule is already established and well-known.

4. June 4, 2015  
    Ignite coefficients seem very wrong. At the minute mages are getting one crit with a pyro in PvE and combusting that for 300-400k dps that barely drops for around a minute. In PvP they get one maybe two crits off scorch and when that combusts if you can't remove teh combust or bubble it then you are dead.
    So, it's not related to script?

5. June 4, 2015  
    I mean't GM >.<
    So, it's not related to script?
    nah, Alys Heroic seems fine!:P

6. June 4, 2015  
    This is the incorrect approach to ascertain the legality of this issue. Conversely, Warmane establishes similar rules to Blizzard, but not identical. In that respect, it can be correct to demonstrate the following:

Blizzard, referred as "retail", approached the encounter, namely, Alysrazor, with the following assumption such that it was the case that this "action" - referred to as the action performed by two mages in the battle of Alysrazor - was enabled for retail.

That is, it could be performed alone, without the assistance of others, during battle. Now to establish whether this is an exploit, it is important to define the following:

an exploitation is: "a flaw in the system not intended for the designer/programmer to create." Thus, following from this definition entails that taking advantage of game mechanics that make up gameplay systems. Now there are two hypothesis from this:

(1) The game mechanics work as designed but not working as intended.
    (2) The game mechanics work as designed and intended.

This is a subjective view upon the developers to decide: is it their intention for the game mechanics of Alysrazor to be "soloable" by a character, although working as designed, but not intended.

If it is the case, within that respect, that the designer/programmer did not intend for the encounter Alysrazor to function as thus, but works as it has been designed, then it is indeed an exploit.

From this hypothesis I conclude:

Blizzard, "retail" did not intend the encounter to be "soloable" by one person, for the fact of the mechanics of the fight are difficult, and are expected to be encountered for up to 10 players "10 player raid" and 25 players for a "25 player raid". Thus, by that definition:

It is an exploit, and should be bannable since it is not intended for a single player to solo a boss, Alysrazor.

7. June 4, 2015  
    Blizzard, "retail" did not intend the encounter to be "soloable" by one person, for the fact of the mechanics of the fight are difficult, and are expected to be encountered for up to 10 players "10 player raid" and 25 players for a "25 player raid". Thus, by that definition:

It is an exploit, and should be bannable since it is not intended for a single player to solo a boss, Alysrazor.
    Of course they didn't intend it to be Solo-able but back in Cata when I found out about this exploit/trick/bug/smart use of mechanics w/e people want to call it, I immediately got in contact with a GM through a ticket service and asked if I would be banned from doing this and gaining loot and a part of the Meta Achieve, they sent my question further advising me not to do it until I got an answer. 1 week later and I got notified that I would not be banned from it, I even cheekily asked if I could take alts from my other account in there whilst I flew in hopes to get them gear, and they said that's fine too. So by blizz standards...it's not a bannable thing. Whether Warmane want to follow suit or go against it is their choice.

First 12