1. June 5, 2015  

Which Faction For The Server?

Should me and my friend role Ally or Horde? Discuss please! ^.^

2. June 5, 2015  

3. June 5, 2015  
    Horde, because it wins 90% of BGs.
    Spoiler: Show

Now in all seriousness, I'm pretty sure some people here (including myself) are clearly biased, so I suggest you try both factions and decide by yourself. For instance, you could start on Alliance side and if you didn't like it for some reason, you could purchase a faction change anytime (it costs 150 vote points). Both factions have dedicated raiding guilds, active PvP guilds and amazing players in general. Peace.

4. June 5, 2015  
    Horde, because it wins 90% of BGs.

Now in all seriousness, I'm pretty sure some people here (including myself) are clearly biased, so I suggest you try both factions and decide by yourself. For instance, you could start on Alliance side and if you didn't like it for some reason, you could purchase a faction change anytime (it costs 150 vote points). Both factions have dedicated raiding guilds, active PvP guilds and amazing players in general. Peace.
    This. And, also it could be useful trying both so you can see which side is most active during the time you log on.

5. June 5, 2015  
    as someone who has played both sides, on the same character i can tell you this: pvp wise, if you do not have a premade team to do bgs with, and you wish to go alliance, be prepared to be absolutely skull ****ed, alliance pug bgs are absolutely aweful, where as only about half of the horde pug bgs I have attempted are completely useless. however obviously if you run a premade team it doesn't really matter, as alcoholic stated both factions have their pvp guilds, and it won't be hard to find a group of players with decent gear that want to pvp.

6. June 5, 2015  
    as someone who has played both sides, on the same character i can tell you this: pvp wise, if you do not have a premade team to do bgs with, and you wish to go alliance, be prepared to be absolutely skull ****ed, alliance pug bgs are absolutely aweful, where as only about half of the horde pug bgs I have attempted are completely useless. however obviously if you run a premade team it doesn't really matter, as alcoholic stated both factions have their pvp guilds, and it won't be hard to find a group of players with decent gear that want to pvp.
    You're wrong.

7. June 5, 2015  
    Brace yourself, Delenis, Strongone and all the others will be here soon.

8. June 5, 2015  
    Should me and my friend role Ally or Horde? Discuss please! ^.^
    Are u crazy man? Do u know what u just started?
    PFFFF..... thats madness!

(Ally or Horde, they're both funny to play, good luck ^^)

9. June 5, 2015  
    Well dont care to much about ally or horde. pick a race you like insted.

If your going Pve both horde and ally have workign pve.

For pvp both sides works. pugs can be really bad on both sides. And you often face premades and then you are screwed no matter what side your on. if you are duing pugs.

If you do premades it does not really matter what side your on. if you are in a good premade you will win against pugs and only have to strugle if you meet another premade. That's same for both sides so no big difference there.

After played both sides both in cata and Mop i only noticed one big difference. and thats leveling. its usally much harder as a horde. you get ganked alot more, more corpsecampiing and such things.
    Thats my personal experiance. EVERYTIME i play horde i get ganked to pices while it happens alot less when i play ally. As alliance i have even met high level hordies that helped me kill harder quest mobs. That has NEVER happend when i played horde.
    This is the only big difference i noticed. and from my experience with several characters on each side on more than one server the difference is quite large. and it has been the same with every toon i leveled without exeptions.

ofcourse i have been ganked and corpse camped as ally to but no where near as much as when playing horde
    Edited: June 5, 2015

10. June 5, 2015  
    Answers LIKE "start both sides and choose which one you like" are utterly useless; it's like saying "go see yourself olololol".

To answer the OP's question: alliance population outnumbers horde; as a consequence, allies get longer battleground queues than hordies and they are more numerous in open world pvp. It's more common to see allies ganking horde than the other way around.

As far as win/lose ratio goes in battlegrounds: both factions are 50/50 on chart, but in reality you'll get facefuc'kd whenever you join BG alone (solo que) because you'll end up with all the other bad geared people and against full cata people. Why does this happens? because the good geared ones usually run premades, which means that they make 1 or 2 groups of 4-5 geared people that get in the same BG; because of this, it's either a 9/10 man premade with that single lucky guy who just leechs, or 10/10 man premade. without bad geared people.

Those premades often end up against bad geared people and so win games easily. It can also happen a premade vs premade which is more balanced and has to be fought.

In conclusion:
    If you plan on doing BGs, get in a pvp guild as soon as possible and ask to run premades with them; they should win most games and so you'll gear easily. This is valid for both factions. The only difference is that horde gets faster queues.

As far as racials are concerned, pvp wise, human is the best race because of "every man for himself". That racial is a free pvp trinket and so humans can roll double offensive trinket without the need to equip pvp trinket.

I personally prefer horde; I don't like any of the alliance races in general (draenei walk weird, like they had a log stuck in their ***, dwarves look clumsy, gnomes are a nono, humans are ugly) and I've always played horde. Playing BGs on horde side as solo is a tremendous experience; you have to hope to end up in one of those lucky premades and leech.

So yea, if you aren't much of a perfectionist and are ok not playing the most optimal race with the most optimal class, pick the race that looks cool the most to you. If you want to gain any kind of advantage... oh well, roll human retri/rogue.

11. June 5, 2015  
    alliance population outnumbers horde
    According to the official statistics you're wrong.

12. June 5, 2015  
    pick the race you like instead of starting faction wars

13. June 5, 2015  
    go horde alliance sux

14. June 5, 2015  
    Don't go horde go ally , horde suck :P

15. June 5, 2015  
    Don't go horde go ally , horde suck :P
    ***** please

12 Last