1. June 5, 2015  

2. June 5, 2015  
    Honestly, I'd say it's personal preference. I've done really well with 2H so that's what I like. I've also seen people who did well with DW. That's with PvE. A side note on PvP would be 2H hands down. That's about the only way to go.

But any way, back to the subject. DW will slightly pull ahead over 2H in AoE fights due to the fact that DW is a mastery build while 2H is a haste build. Or so that's how I remember it. Things seem to be different here on the server. From what I've seen, due to a bug, 2H will focus mastery over haste. So pretty much, it's all personal preference.

3. Last Tyranny Season. I bought 2h and Dual Wield Tyranny weapons. I experimented countless times. Recorded every 1 min of DPS on a single Training Dummy. Same rotation, I am Mastery build DK. Haste is kinda useless for me. I prioritize damage output than runespeed or crit. If you reforge for crit as frost then your going the wrong way.

10 out of 10 tests. 2 Hander wins. The buff we have on Might of the frozen wastes are just better than Threat of Thesarian. If you think there are more KM procs with Dual Wield than 2 Hander? The answer is no. It's just thesame rate of proc.

I even utilized Mastery on frost by spamming lots of Howling Blasts and Dps just went down to ****. It is really better if you use Obliterate. Spamming Howling Blast is best when there are lots of enemies in one spot. But if you are after BIG single target damage, better prioritize Obliterate.

I know you guys remember Cataclysm and WoTLK where Dual Wield has lots of advantage, but here on MoP, 2 Hander is the way to go. Well, For Warmane that is. Never been to MoP retail.

4. Last Tyranny Season. I bought 2h and Dual Wield Tyranny weapons. I experimented countless times. Recorded every 1 min of DPS on a single Training Dummy. Same rotation.
    GG if u testing 2h and dw with same rotation xD its completely different way to play.
    and also testing it without buffs is lame also, since u changing your priority on spells with different ammount of mastery as DW :)
    Edited: June 11, 2015

5. GG if u testing 2h and dw with same rotation xD its completely different way to play.
    and also testing it without buffs is lame also, since u changing your priority on spells with different ammount of mastery as DW :)
    I really do not get it why you won't use the default DK priority rotation Obliterate>Frost Strike>Howling Blast as Dual Wield. Go ahead. Experiment with it. You will see that I am right.

6. http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....-Frost-PvE-5-4

I just read this, apparently ToT benefits 2H wielders (which shouldn't happen) so i guess this just makes it clear that 2H is the way to go.

DW isn't really meant to perform super op on single target damage, since their damage is entirely focused on Howling Blasts (AoE damage) and Frost Strikes, so maybe DW is the best spec to use on encounters that are mob intensive. But since ToT is bugged, you can just do the same thing with 2H.

7. http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....-Frost-PvE-5-4

I just read this, apparently ToT benefits 2H wielders (which shouldn't happen) so i guess this just makes it clear that 2H is the way to go.

DW isn't really meant to perform super op on single target damage, since their damage is entirely focused on Howling Blasts (AoE damage) and Frost Strikes, so maybe DW is the best spec to use on encounters that are mob intensive. But since ToT is bugged, you can just do the same thing with 2H.
    ToT for 2Handers has been fixed a long time ago. From that guide you posted, Kemi hasn't updated it since a couple updates ago.

But you are right that DW does not excel in single target damage (which is why DW is played in some rated BGs for that extra cleave damage and other reasons as well).

8. But you are right that DW does not excel in single target damage (which is why DW is played in some rated BGs for that extra cleave damage and other reasons as well).
    Not to mention that it also breaks important damage sensitive CC like Fear or Ice Trap.

9. I really do not get it why you won't use the default DK priority rotation Obliterate>Frost Strike>Howling Blast as Dual Wield. Go ahead. Experiment with it. You will see that I am right.
    DW is played with Howling + Frost Stroke (& Plague Strike) as your main abilites.
    2H is played with Oblit being your main Damage.

DW Oblit is not viable, has never been since DS HC and onto WOD. It was always designed to be played as a Howling Spec but prior to DS HC Oblit scaled well with DW, this is no longer the case.

As to people questioning which way to play, its up to you.
    Retail I was a Full Grev part prideful DW Masterfrost in PvP. I prefered the AOE cleave damage which FYI is one of the strongest for things like Rated BGs hence why Frost Dks were taken on UH DKs.

This was just a random BG as DW Frost, It was just downright disgusting the amount of damage that was going out, 20mil in 15 min BG.
    Click to Enlarge it.

Frost is not viable in Arenas. But this is Molten, any ***** can push buttons and get 2k regardless of class and spec.

10. Is the aoe dmg of howlingblast really worth it in pvp? I mean u need to hit like 4 targets with HB to make the same dmg like with a single obliterate.
    What runeforge do u use as duel-wield? Razorice and cinderglacier?

11. Is the aoe dmg of howlingblast really worth it in pvp? I mean u need to hit like 4 targets with HB to make the same dmg like with a single obliterate.
    What runeforge do u use as duel-wield? Razorice and cinderglacier?
    Razorice HM, Fallen Offhand.

And lolwhat? Sorry but HB can hit single target the same as Oblit.... Not to mention the 50% extra damage to Frost Strike. The ability to mass spread dots like aids with your spare UH runes.

12. And lolwhat? Sorry but HB can hit single target the same as Oblit.... Not to mention the 50% extra damage to Frost Strike. The ability to mass spread dots like aids with your spare UH runes.
    Just tested it again.
    My two hand masterfrost DK does average 28k non crit with HB and 117k with Obliterate.
    My HB does 14k dmg on secondary targets so i would need to hit at least 7 targets with HB to do the same direct dmg like with a single Obliterate.
    I know im two hand but as far i know switching to dual-wield wouldnt directly increase the dmg of my HB (beside the Razorice runeforge and different weapon stats).

Just as a matter of interest, i guess u are full grevious. Whats ur average HB non crit on the dummy with out procs and buffs?
    Im asking because i was thinking to change my 4 DKs to dual-wield and im wondering if its possible kill groups of enemys just by spamming HB.

13. I know it is, at least from retail. I showed you that SS above. That was just 15mins in a BG. Part Grievous part Tyrann (Grievous weapons).
    Even in PvE I was DW Masterfrost (Still am if you check my armory), I was doing 1million HB single target on Malkorok HC (no damage increase buff).

14. i know everything i have read says dw performs better ,still i do tons more damage as a 2H. and stacking up runic power for that conversion has helped me out of many sticky situations. (u wont be having much of that as dw) maybe i am playing dw wrong, but i love seeing those huge numbers obliterate brings.