1. June 5, 2015  

State of monks

Hi, I played monk quite intensively and am interested in playing it again as they were in 5.4.2 on retail. Could anyone who played during this patch on retail tell me how close warmane currently is in regards of bugs with the monk class on their MOP realms? I've been waiting till there are no longer any problems that could severely hinder my gameplay and from what I read here in the monk class forums there seemed to be quite a few of those problems left still?

Will gladly have your input on the matter so I can decide wether or not I should start leveling my monk already

Thanks

2. June 9, 2015  
    Hi, I played monk quite intensively and am interested in playing it again as they were in 5.4.2 on retail. Could anyone who played during this patch on retail tell me how close warmane currently is in regards of bugs with the monk class on their MOP realms? I've been waiting till there are no longer any problems that could severely hinder my gameplay and from what I read here in the monk class forums there seemed to be quite a few of those problems left still?

Will gladly have your input on the matter so I can decide wether or not I should start leveling my monk already

Thanks
    I main a monk and trust me you won't have as much fun as u do with a monk, with any other class. They work very well in pvp even though some spells are quite bugged. In pve I heard they're not doing so well, but their still decent. I'd say go for it.

3. For PvP, go MW or WW. For PvE go BrM or WW. The healing spheres not exploding is hurting the PvE ability of the monk healers.

4. I main a monk and trust me you won't have as much fun as u do with a monk, with any other class. They work very well in pvp even though some spells are quite bugged. In pve I heard they're not doing so well, but their still decent. I'd say go for it.
    What spells would that be? what are the most game breaking bugs? I know monk is the most fun class ever made, it single handedly made me enjoy retail during MoP, but I'd like to know how close warmane is to achieving this status on their realms as well.. as such I'd like to hear from a monk player (preferably one who was active on retail as monk as well) which bugs currently exist (mainly concerned about WW).

I tried looking through the bugtracker but not everything is confirmed etc and it's hard to form my opinion around it.

5. What spells would that be? what are the most game breaking bugs? I know monk is the most fun class ever made, it single handedly made me enjoy retail during MoP, but I'd like to know how close warmane is to achieving this status on their realms as well.. as such I'd like to hear from a monk player (preferably one who was active on retail as monk as well) which bugs currently exist (mainly concerned about WW).

I tried looking through the bugtracker but not everything is confirmed etc and it's hard to form my opinion around it.
    Zen Sphere; Chi Burst; Storm, Earth and Fire; Ring of Peace(sometimes only silences and disarms once) - these are the 3 main spells that are bugged. Zen Sphere is usable since the heal is ok(still crap) but the damage is horrible. Another bug is that paralysis breaks from doing nothing sometimes. The target is not dotted, neither it is attacked, but the paralysis breaks. I don't really know how things should be like since I haven't played retail, but monks feel pretty smooth now and can be really competitive in pvp and pull out amazing dps in raids if played correctly. Please notice that monks are one of the hardest classes to perfect and as I always say, practice is king.

6. Zen Sphere; Chi Burst; Storm, Earth and Fire; Ring of Peace(sometimes only silences and disarms once) - these are the 3 main spells that are bugged. Zen Sphere is usable since the heal is ok(still crap) but the damage is horrible. Another bug is that paralysis breaks from doing nothing sometimes. The target is not dotted, neither it is attacked, but the paralysis breaks. I don't really know how things should be like since I haven't played retail, but monks feel pretty smooth now and can be really competitive in pvp and pull out amazing dps in raids if played correctly. Please notice that monks are one of the hardest classes to perfect and as I always say, practice is king.
    Yeah not worried about that, I was a 2.7k windwalker on retail :D