1. June 8, 2015  

Blood-Frost PvP Dueling Spec

I heard there's some blood/frost hybrid spec that's really op for dueling or pvp or something, would anyone happen to know what it is?

2. June 8, 2015  
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#j0Eh...G0ftArcz0ucuzI

This is good in Battlegrounds as well, not only duels.
    Glyphs are - Glyph of: Frost Strike, Disease and AMS.

Some tips, usually rather use Death Strike over Obliterate (unless you're completely wrecking your enemy and he's not doing much damage).
    Don't use Death Coil - you can use it only for self healing on Lichborne. (Put minor glyph that gives 20 runic power back if Coil is used for healing)
    Always keep your diseases up - note that they can be dispelled unlike Unholy specs.

Against Warrior/Rogue/Feral Druid/Hunter use Frost Presence. Against anything else use Unholy presence.
    Edited: June 9, 2015 Reason: Typo/Changed Spec.

3. June 8, 2015  
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#j0Eh...G0ftVrczbucuzI

This is good in Battlegrounds as well, not only bgs.

Some tips, usually rather use Death Strike over Obliterate (unless you're completely wrecking your enemy and he's not doing much damage).
    Don't use Death Coil - you can use it only for self healing on Lichborne. (Put minor glyph that gives 20 runic power back if Coil is used for healing)
    Always keep your diseases up - note that they can be dispelled unlike Unholy specs.

Against Warrior/Rogue/Feral Druid/Hunter use Frost Presence. Against anything else use Unholy presence.
    You're Amazing, thank you so much!

4. June 9, 2015  
    But isn't this only for ****s and giggles? I mean, it's less survivable than Blood, less pressure and damage than Frost and less pressure and utility than Unholy.

5. June 9, 2015  
    But isn't this only for ****s and giggles? I mean, it's less survivable than Blood, less pressure and damage than Frost and less pressure and utility than Unholy.
    Well, you do kind of tank stuff, but actually survability is almost on par with Blood because of Death Strike heals 2x (Threat of Thassarian) and unholy presence is just godmode on hybrid. And pressure is pretty good. I'm not quite sure how good of a healer killer it is since I played it ~3 years ago last time, but I used to top bgs and destroy people in duels easily even tho I was only 6060 gs (0 donations). Also, you can get 2k+ arena rating with it which I did get.

6. June 9, 2015  
    Might give it a try on Blackrock then.

7. June 9, 2015  
    ...because of Death Strike heals 2x (Threat of Thassarian)...
    You do know ToT offhand DS heals are an insanely op bug?

8. June 9, 2015  
    I assume it is, but I'm not quite sure if that's true.

ToT says that it gives 100% chance on 3/3 to do damage with offhand even for Death Strike, and DS heals for damage done, no?
    I did try finding any proof of it on google, but haven't been successful.
    Edited: June 9, 2015

9. June 9, 2015  
    On retail 3.3.5 it would take the damage portion of DS into account but ToT didn't include any secondary effects like DS healing. Or if it did, it was only 50% of the MH heal, not exactly sure anymore, was long time ago. But in any case, DS offhand hits with ToT on warmane heals as much as MH hits so it's OP bugged any way you look at it.

10. June 9, 2015  
    it heals 5% of your current max hp for every disease on target. what the hell are you talking about... portion of damage... wtf.
    tooltip says that each hand will hit death strike, so it highly logical that offhand heals same 5% for each disease, even if it does 1 damage.

11. June 9, 2015  
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#j0Eh...G0ftVrczbucuzI

This is good in Battlegrounds as well, not only duels.
    The spec looks pretty cool for 1v1.
    Im just curious if the spell deflection talent is really worth it.
    Maybe it would be better to put only 21 points in blood and one more point in tundra stalker.

When it comes to dmg there are are 3 talents missing that a classic frost pvp build offers:
    - 6% damage increase from tundra stalker
    - 9% frost damage increase from blackice
    - no Annihilation talent so using oblierate is in my eyes no option

So after all u do 15% less froststrike dmg with this spec but u have rune tap and mark of blood.

12. June 9, 2015  
    You are right actually, I kind of made few mistakes in that spec from what I used to play. :D I didn't even see that I didn't put points in Annihilation. You need Obliterate for healers especially.

Remade it, think this is more like what it was.
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#j0Eh...G0ftArcz0ucuzI
    Edited it into the first post as well.

Also, Deflection is pretty nice, since the runes you should use are
    Fallen Crusader and Swordshattering (think I wrote the right one, anyways offhand rune should give some parry rating + 50% disarm duration reduction)

13. June 9, 2015  
    But maybe its not a bad idea to get rid of annihilation and obliterate completly and use the runes either for plague strike and chains of ice or death strike.
    Some high rated frost DKs spam only plague strike and chain of ice to get more runic power for frost strike which does anyway the highest dmg.

For runeforging i would get Cinderglacier and Razorice because 30% more frost dmg is just awesome.

14. June 9, 2015  
    Obliterate does decent damage on higher gear, sure you'll spam DS mostly, but against Healers spamming plague strike isn't almost any pressure. Obliterate gives a lot of RP as well.
    The reason why you use Swordshattering is because you're completely useless when disarmed, you can't spam DS to heal nor deal any damage (Using Icy touch for damage is same as dpsing with melee as hunter). All of your damage is coming from melee strikes and almost all of your healing is coming from DS. Mark is op of course, but it has quite a CD, same goes for Rune Tap but less cd. The longer you're disarmed, the harder it gets.
    The only fight where you "don't" use Obliterate is vs those that spam dispel since you have to reapply diseases ASAP because without them you're useless just like without weapons.

You can always glyph Obliterate instead of AMS.

15. http://temp.arena-tournament.com/for...5b0c72898d8526
    I would check this guide. It explains pretty good when to use plague strike/chain of ice and when obliterate.

12 Last