1. Random mass WoW errors during BGs have increased

This happens in Neltherion.

The last few days the chance to get a wow error during a BG have increased so much that every 2 or 3 BGs we play, 1 will cause a wow error (with a deserted debuff). And it's not just me or one other guy... Last AB we played, about 20 of 30 people in there got errored out. I'm pretty sure the others got errored out eventually. All people in my premade groups get the error, that's for sure.

This wasn't an issue 4 or 5 days ago. WoW errors still happened but it was rare and only one or two people would get it in the team. Now it's just a common thing and happens to almost everyone. SO, what happened?

2. Confirmed. Since the start of this week, maybe even weekend actually, there've been a lot of WoW errors during bgs.

I logged in while they were in that AB he spoke of, solo queued, and got into that same AB with both sides having only a few players left after the mass errors.

Is the staff aware of this issue? Any idea what's causing it?
    Edited: June 10, 2015

3. Ohh this beautiful bug.

its caused by buffs and the clients inability to read buff changes when out of range.
    It's a server refresh issue which causes clients to crash, hence why it's always 3+ people when it happens and them 3+ people are always out of range (eg. outer side of BG, or Respawning miles away). Happened in a rated BG where I was Flag Carrier with a healer and our team was having a teamfight near their base and when I got to our base to cap the players who were in the teamfight all DC'd in sync.

This was an old issue back when Firelands was released, it took the devs months to fix though.

The above is just an assumption but from what you explain is exactly what happened. But the devs found out what it was causing, probably one of their new fixes made that previous fix unstable.

4. Ohh this beautiful bug.

its caused by buffs and the clients inability to read buff changes when out of range.
    It's a server refresh issue which causes clients to crash, hence why it's always 3+ people when it happens and them 3+ people are always out of range (eg. outer side of BG, or Respawning miles away). Happened in a rated BG where I was Flag Carrier with a healer and our team was having a teamfight near their base and when I got to our base to cap the players who were in the teamfight all DC'd in sync.

This was an old issue back when Firelands was released, it took the devs months to fix though.

The above is just an assumption but from what you explain is exactly what happened. But the devs found out what it was causing, probably one of their new fixes made that previous fix unstable.
    Thanks for the info

5. Thanks for the reply Kemii. I remember that one time when errors were reaaally common that you're speaking of, it was horrible lol. I'm just really hoping it wouldn't take as long as it did back then to fix it. Hopefully they can pinpoint what undid the fix asap.

Any staff seen this?

6. Bump. this issue still persists.

7. Getting sick of this error. Not only we have to wait 10+ minutes in queues (alliance), we have to deal with this too and a deserter debuff on top of that.

I made a report in bugtracker, please upvote

https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/4980
    Edited: July 18, 2015

8. Bump. Wow errors still occur in daily basis. We wait 5+ minutes in queues only to get errored out of the BG (the whole group) with a 15 min deserter debuff. This bug needs more votes please, it still has "unconfirmed" status. Having almost all players getting mass wow errors so often should be kinda high priority, right?

https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/4980