1. Just want you guys to know...

that I love you. Yes, I'm talking to you. All of you. All of the amazing Multiboxers out there, because I gotta say, I've really deticated myself to boxing the last few weeks and I feel impressed! Multiboxing is not for the faint at heart. The set up alone (at least for the first timers) can be so tidious and complicated, but that's not, not by a long shoot. From a very detail and in-depth set-up perspective there's much more to it then typing a few lines of script or pushing a few buttons on Isboxer, or doing whatever on whatever boxing program you're using out there. There's just so much more to know and boxing makes WoW feel so much more alive again, man I just can't describe it. So I gotta tell you guys, my fellow Mutliboxers, you are absolutely amazing and all the hard work you go through and have gone through is so impressive.

There is just so much I'd love to tell you guys, but I don't know how in depth I should go with this thread, but I wanted to open a single thread and see if I can get some bites and ask you guys to tell us (the forum goers) your personal experience with Multiboxing. When did you start? What was it like your first few hours or days? Was it easy for you or was it troubling? What got you into multiboxing? Did your friends accept it or reject what you were doing? and gah, if there's anything else you think that's worth telling, please feel free to tell us. I personally look forward to reading you're stories and think all of this is just so amazing.

Anyways, thank you for your time guys, it is appreciated and I for one look forward to reading your stories and take care and have fun out there.

2. Started it on retail during WotLK using HotKeyNet levelling a 5 man dungeon team of 5 classes. Paladin, Druid, Mage, Priest and Shaman. Only got to level ~72 on them before stopping. Though I did do 80 heroics using the accounts of some friends of mine. Started it to find a challenge but 5man dungeons weren't hard enough and my computer couldn't handle a 10man raid so I stopped playing really. Shifted to ISBoxer towards the end which made things a lot easier. When I was using HotKeyNet I didn't use any macros or anything, just had enough binds on the keyboard for five full characters which made things more challenging.

Started it again on Molten last autumn again 5boxing and again found that 5mans weren't difficult enough so then I upgraded my computer a little to start 10boxing raids. Been slowly gearing up enough characters so I can do my own 10mans as well as have spare characters for guild/friend runs. Still using ISBoxer. Hope to get one of each class on every account at max level and PvE geared to 5k+ eventually.

3. Started it on retail during WotLK using HotKeyNet levelling a 5 man dungeon team of 5 classes. Paladin, Druid, Mage, Priest and Shaman. Only got to level ~72 on them before stopping. Though I did do 80 heroics using the accounts of some friends of mine. Started it to find a challenge but 5man dungeons weren't hard enough and my computer couldn't handle a 10man raid so I stopped playing really. Shifted to ISBoxer towards the end which made things a lot easier. When I was using HotKeyNet I didn't use any macros or anything, just had enough binds on the keyboard for five full characters which made things more challenging.

Started it again on Molten last autumn again 5boxing and again found that 5mans weren't difficult enough so then I upgraded my computer a little to start 10boxing raids. Been slowly gearing up enough characters so I can do my own 10mans as well as have spare characters for guild/friend runs. Still using ISBoxer. Hope to get one of each class on every account at max level and PvE geared to 5k+ eventually.
    Thank you for sharing Kalvin, if I might ask, what pc specs are you using to do 10m raids with?

4. I7 3770k @ stock speed
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia 750 GPU

5. Pfff...I don't really remember but I saw someone with 5 chars and I said, I need to have a go at this and see what it is about - curiosity.
    I've played on molten before and on other p. servers but always alone and I thought to myself, this is perfect for me if I can pull it off.

I think I've started with 5 paladins and the game just completely changed to me, I could never play just 1 char again. I had a go at retail with 1 char and quit after 2 months as its not just the same..
    Started with 1 normal account on Molten, then made 4 more...donated for those 5...from 5 i went to 20...and from 20 to 25.
    I can't play atm as I live in an area where only ADSL is available and to push 25 wows through 8mbps is impossible - lagging a lot but no more!!

in July I will be moving where 152mbps is available and if time allows I hope to start multiboxing again. I do have my chars and accounts on Frostwolf and Ragnaros in Autobots Rolls Out... so see you guys in game! a.k.a. mytu

Multiboxing has changed WoW into a much more intense, complicated, sweating, swearing, enjoyable, fun, in-depth than it was before I started multiboxing.
    Also, met some really really nice people (Autobots Roll Out) that I get along with very well, are trustworthy and mature - hard to find people like that in online games.

6. Pfff...I don't really remember but I saw someone with 5 chars and I said, I need to have a go at this and see what it is about - curiosity.
    I've played on molten before and on other p. servers but always alone and I thought to myself, this is perfect for me if I can pull it off.

I think I've started with 5 paladins and the game just completely changed to me, I could never play just 1 char again. I had a go at retail with 1 char and quit after 2 months as its not just the same..
    Started with 1 normal account on Molten, then made 4 more...donated for those 5...from 5 i went to 20...and from 20 to 25.
    I can't play atm as I live in an area where only ADSL is available and to push 25 wows through 8mbps is impossible - lagging a lot but no more!!

in July I will be moving where 152mbps is available and if time allows I hope to start multiboxing again. I do have my chars and accounts on Frostwolf and Ragnaros in Autobots Rolls Out... so see you guys in game! a.k.a. mytu

Multiboxing has changed WoW into a much more intense, complicated, sweating, swearing, enjoyable, fun, in-depth than it was before I started multiboxing.
    Also, met some really really nice people (Autobots Roll Out) that I get along with very well, are trustworthy and mature - hard to find people like that in online games.
    Great story Mytu and thank you for sharing and you're absolutely right, it (multiboxing) adds so much more depth to the game. Trying to juggle even 5 toons can be such a challenge to start with, or at least those first few baby steps are and yes, there is plenty of room for frustration, swearing, and even hair pulling, but it is very rewarding and very fun when you start to get good at it.

Sorry to hear about your living situation and I'm glad to hear you'll be moving soon. I'm sure we'll see you back in game in no time.

Anyways, take care and continue having fun out there.

7. http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=103893
    This video is the reason why i started to multibox.
    I think i watched it like 10 times :D

8. that I love you. Yes, I'm talking to you. All of you. All of the amazing Multiboxers out there, .................
    haha the feeling is mutual man :)
    only us multiboxers know what this experience is like - and through this equal experience we are indeed a special group of people.

anytime i ever meet a multiboxer in a game i immediately know ive made a good friend; who i would help with anything in a moment - and im sure they would too.

ive played online games since 1994; and been through countless communities in different genres etc - but nothing beats multiboxers as individuals and gamers.
    NOTHING! :)

Anyways, thank you for your time guys, it is appreciated and I for one look forward to reading your stories and take care and have fun out there.
    not sure if my story is really that different than the great ones already shared here - but basically after starting online gaming with DOOM and "The Realm" (first graphical MUD) in 1990's i was hooked. I grew up on games. I even became a software engineer professionally because of games. my entire career of building tech companies i owe to games.

i began gaming from an age and perspective where editing / modding / hacking the game was the most enjoyable way to play it. we created some of the first mods for DOOM in the early 90's. and quake team fortress + some of its maps? yep i worked on that. day of defeat for half-life? yup i was on that team. natural selection too. many of the TES: morrowind & oblivion mods as well. etc etc etc..... if i cant mod a game or customize it somehow, i usually dont play it very long.
    mods like counter-strike, DOTA, and so on - some of the most played games in the world today - were built by people like me who were curious how they could edit/alter/hack a game and bring something more out of it.

this might be strange to some players - but i actually spend more of my gaming time modding/editing games than playing them.

but - i love MMORPGs, and you cant mod an MMORPG.
    however, with multiboxing, you get that same kind of experience because you are effectively changing - by figuring out how to do things differently - your entire play experience.

multiboxing is something that i actually did first back in 1996 with ultimate online, and then 1997 with everquest (closed beta).
    i had 2 computers at home while going to university; and loaded up 2 accounts, manually controlling both. at first with 2 keyboard/mice; and then later with a KVN switch. then i upped it to 3 computers with KVN switch.
    then a few years later i met a guy playing EQ who was controlling an entire group of 6.
    WHAT THE F@(#?!?! i said to him in utter amazement.
    i was hardly able to control 2 or 3 at the same time and here i watch this guy in perfect unison with his entire team performing like he was playing one character.
    he tells me about a simple concept called "scripting your client windows" and "key broadcasting" which made me begin learning/practicing win32 programming (and taught me skills that i would later build some $m tech companies with).
    unfortunately in 2001 in everquest - sony didnt like this concept very much. they banned many of us for doing it. then unbanned us when we explained what we were doing. then another GM would ban us again, and on and on this process went of petitioning to get our accounts back because technically speaking - we were not breaking their EULA. i had 8 accounts in everquest at one point, where 6 of them were constantly banned/unbanned.
    multiboxers were basically forced to play in secret. hiding from players and public places. otherwise players would flood GMs with complaints and they would come ban us. then we'd have to petition to the head GM/admins and get unbanned.
    it sucked.
    we were outcasts.

by 2004 i was playing WoW beta and then retail - with 4 laptops setup at my house (and would also take them to work sometimes) running around with teams of 5.
    of course - i tried to play WoW with just 1 character. that lasted for about 2 months. it got so boring though because i would always want to do more, more more....

multiboxing wasnt easy back then. we had to write our own programs using win32 window messaging and such. it was always difficult to stay within the rules - and the rules themselves were not yet developed yet.
    many of my game accounts were banned permanently because there were just no clear rules about multiboxing back then.

WOW changed all of this.
    forever.
    with WOW's popularity - players began making tools like pwnboxer and isboxer and keyclone and hotkeynet etc.
    these were legit power-tools that allowed the masses of normal users to multibox.
    because so many people now could multibox - companies like blizzard and sony took notice of us finally. they looked at us like serious legit players, and decided on some core rules for us to follow and make it completely legal to do in their games.
    we werent outcasts anymore.
    at least not by the gaming companies!
    ingame, we are still outcasts sometimes - but that doesnt matter anymore :)

so for me - multiboxing is really the only way i can play an MMO.
    i simply cannot play an MMO without being able to do all the content myself.
    i have always been a bit of a "soloer" in games. a min-maxer. a powergamer (not the elitist jerk type though). a number-cruncher and macro-builder.
    part of the reason i play games is just for the thrill of figuring out the logic that the game is built on. figuring out the math. figuring out the best answers and outputs to that logic and math.
    this is what computer games actually are - and multiboxing brings that to a whole new level.

an experience like no other that challenges us to heights not possible to even understand if you dont try it yourself ---- multiboxing is the only way to play.
    i feel sorry for the haters; because they are just denying themselves an experience that overpowers and supercedes their experience by such magnitude that it isnt even measurable.

to literally every single caveat, gripe, negative aspect of MMO games ---- multiboxing is the answer!

9. http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=103893
    This video is the reason why i started to multibox.
    I think i watched it like 10 times :D

You started multiboxing because of the little dog in the video, didn't you? He is pretty cute.

10. You started multiboxing because of the little dog in the video, didn't you? He is pretty cute.
    There you have me!