1. So, yeah, deal with it guys. Right? Right?
    You're subjecting yourself to it. You're just as responsible as they are if you empower them. So we'll punish both or neither. Obviously we prefer neither, which is less messy and more mature. :)
    I still don't see what keeps you or any of the numerous people who have an issue with that from starting your own raids without item reservation then. As I already said, this is exactly like ganking. It's certainly not fun for the people getting ganked, but it's part of the game. People have to find their own way to handle it.

The loot doesn't belongs to the group. It belongs however the loot rules are defined at the beginning. That's why there are loot rules stated before a raid even starts. You join one fully aware how it will be distributed, including items the leader is reserving. What do you do when you don't agree with the loot rules, even when there aren't item reservations? Normally people just don't join something they don't agree with. People organizing something aren't forced to accept your terms, it works the other way around. Otherwise what would be next, people would want Staff to forcibly include someone in some top guild because they want in, but have been rejected... and you know how hard it is to join a top guild when you don't meet their requirements or disagree with their rules.

You can't depend on Staff to intervene with something that isn't against any rule or game mechanics, simply because you consider it unfair or dislike it. Fixing this "problem" might be up to the people who consider it a problem working together.
    The interesting thing about this is that "ninjaing" is changing the loot rules mid-raid to take an item. Which means that if the raid leader announces that an item is reserved when he/she is recruiting for that raid, people insisting that person not be able to loot their reserved item are technically ninjas, yes? Therefore, they are subject to the ninja rule, not the leader. I just figured I'd point that out since others haven't seemed to notice it just yet.

2. I still don't see what keeps you or any of the numerous people who have an issue with that from starting your own raids without item reservation then. As I already said, this is exactly like ganking. It's certainly not fun for the people getting ganked, but it's part of the game. People have to find their own way to handle it.

The loot doesn't belongs to the group. It belongs however the loot rules are defined at the beginning. That's why there are loot rules stated before a raid even starts. You join one fully aware how it will be distributed, including items the leader is reserving. What do you do when you don't agree with the loot rules, even when there aren't item reservations? Normally people just don't join something they don't agree with. People organizing something aren't forced to accept your terms, it works the other way around. Otherwise what would be next, people would want Staff to forcibly include someone in some top guild because they want in, but have been rejected... and you know how hard it is to join a top guild when you don't meet their requirements or disagree with their rules.

You can't depend on Staff to intervene with something that isn't against any rule or game mechanics, simply because you consider it unfair or dislike it. Fixing this "problem" might be up to the people who consider it a problem working together.
    I'm not on the same page as the creator of this thread. I don't seek any help from the staff and I don't want this to become bannable. But I do believe that it is wrong and people should stop doing it. There is simply not enough population for everybody to make their own raid in order to avoid leaders that reserve. Also, it is not exactly my problem. I'm not active here. I just wonder what the hell happened. Why have I never seen the word reserved before the moltdown? Is this some type of a new trend? I feel like one person one day decided to do it and then the sheep followed their shepherd.

3. I'm not on the same page as the creator of this thread. I don't seek any help from the staff and I don't want this to become bannable. But I do believe that it is wrong and people should stop doing it. There is simply not enough population for everybody to make their own raid in order to avoid leaders that reserve. Also, it is not exactly my problem. I'm not active here. I just wonder what the hell happened. Why have I never seen the word reserved before the moltdown? Is this some type of a new trend? I feel like one person one day decided to do it and then the sheep followed their shepherd.
    Being against it is fine, but by the way you replied to my previous comment it seemed like you took issue when I stated that this isn't something I see Staff getting involved with or that we should. I'm a bit confused, though, because you say you're not active, but at the same time sound like this is something that is keeping people from raiding or creating their own raids at all. If you haven't even been affected by it, how can you gauge how possible or not it is to avoid it?

4. Its a cancer and spreading to nearly every pug raid in global chat now, the days of pug raids with everyone having a free, fair chance are gone. Welcome to Warmane !

5. Wait wait, I have seen this thread before...let me think...where was it...oh yeah!
    http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=...-and-ninja-ing

No, that can't be right, that's talking about WotLK Retail (3.3.5), surely this is a private server (Warmane) phenomenon. Let me look again...oh yeah, here we go:
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r231...r-do-reserves-

No...wait...that's also saying it happened on all retail WotLK servers and the communities are split about it. Maybe it was more recent...
    http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...s_is_bull****/

Oh wait, that's about WoD from 4 months ago...that can't be what I was looking for. Let me try one more time...here we go...instructions on how to properly reserve items:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11043354539

No, wait, again, that's retail again with an "MVP" saying it's OK...dang-it...I guess this has always been part of the "retail experience" and I just need to learn to accept that...

(The community HAS ALWAYS been divided by it. But since it IS Blizz-like, it's going to continue here. That's what happens when you build a game around RNG loot...)
    Edited: June 19, 2015

6. Its a cancer and spreading to nearly every pug raid in global chat now, the days of pug raids with everyone having a free, fair chance are gone. Welcome to WoW !
    ...fixed that for you, since it's always been part of WoW. Oh, and, it's still a free, fair chance at everything that isn't reserved, or that leader will be banned. Don't like the loot rules? Make your own...you're not being held back like you think you are.

Also, was it intentionally ironic to spew that with your chosen name? Seems too funny...can't be accidental.
    Edited: June 19, 2015

7. So what if some items are reserved. They are only a fraction of all the loot that exists. So there's even bigger chance for those items not to drop. I wouldn't even trust a pug to equip those expensive BoE's (there are still some who would actually equip) and then get bashed for him having either better item, or not equipping the BoE after distributing. So ofc I'd rather take it for myself than some random newb, because I'm the leader of the raid.

You can always

a) Make your own raid.
    b) Not to join the raid with reserves.
    c) Accept it.
    d) Start PvP.
    e) Only join guild runs.
    f) Come whine about reserves and make a fool out of yourself.

8. So what if some items are reserved. They are only a fraction of all the loot that exists. So there's even bigger chance for those items not to drop. I wouldn't even trust a pug to equip those expensive BoE's (there are still some who would actually equip) and then get bashed for him having either better item, or not equipping the BoE after distributing. So ofc I'd rather take it for myself than some random newb, because I'm the leader of the raid.

You can always

a) Make your own raid.
    b) Not to join the raid with reserves.
    c) Accept it.
    d) Start PvP.
    e) Only join guild runs.
    f) Come whine about reserves and make a fool out of yourself.

Is it just me, or does that smiley face look like it's staring into your soul...

Creepy. Maybe I need to lay off the coffee today...

First 123