1. Item Reservations. Really?

Well no matter how much I hate complaining, this is out of hand now. Literally EVERY raid in global has something reserved, leaving the only options to either join a guild (which is difficult for people with limited time) or making your own raid , and having to cope with people leaving for no apparent or silly reason, 80% wipe chance and stuff like this. I suggest that you , Warmane Staff, make item reservations a bannable offence. I mean come on. Just 2 minutes ago i saw a VOA announcement with Retri pala items reserved. You made a stand and declared ninjaing banable, so now people just "reserve" what they wish to ninja...

2. if you can't be arsed to make you own raids than don't complain. you stated 2 easy ways to avoid reservations, do 1 of them or deal with it.

3. There's nothing illegal about it for it to be considered something worthy of banning people over.
    People reserving items are making it clear and blatant that if a specific item drops, it's reserved. It's your choice to join them or not, no one is being lied to or mislead.

4. Item reservation is just an attempt to circumvent the rules against ninja, it should be bannable and should never happen. Everyone in the raid gets equal chance of getting something. And it takes many times of running the raid to get it, thats the way it is designed. So ninjas of the old days are now still trying to ninja but above-board. Sorry chumps, you find a fancy way to circumvent a rule, you should still get banned.

There are many problems with ninja/reserve, the least of all is that if the chumps reserve what they want, they run raid 5 times and then get it, then they no longer need to run the raid and the server has less going on, thats simply unacceptable. Heavy ban needed.

5. Item reservation is just an attempt to circumvent the rules against ninja, it should be bannable and should never happen. Everyone in the raid gets equal chance of getting something. And it takes many times of running the raid to get it, thats the way it is designed. So ninjas of the old days are now still trying to ninja but above-board. Sorry chumps, you find a fancy way to circumvent a rule, you should still get banned.

There are many problems with ninja/reserve, the least of all is that if the chumps reserve what they want, they run raid 5 times and then get it, then they no longer need to run the raid and the server has less going on, thats simply unacceptable. Heavy ban needed.
    Ninjaing is when someone changes the loot rules. An item being reserved is a loot rule, you can't call that a ninja.
    You can make your own raid too if you want.

6. Clearly you people complaining have never even bothered to try leading a raid. I used to complain about it like you guys, and then I actually started leading several raids weekly. Now I understand why people reserve things.

7. I hate reserves, but that means I just don't join raids where important items are reserved, not that I cry about changing the rules so people can't do it.

8. dont join and make your own raid

Ninja's are silent, someone that tells you what's he's gonna do, screaming around that he's there (reminds me of certain anime...) is NOT a ninja

Flexible raid IDs (Cataclysm onwards, retail-like) would be a lovely solution to ninja's tho, if the RL starts doing **** (like one i had that said "BoE reserved", but afterwards started ninjaing Essences saying Essences were BoE), then you can just leave and join another Raid from the boss you were left on

9. Clearly you people complaining have never even bothered to try leading a raid. I used to complain about it like you guys, and then I actually started leading several raids weekly. Now I understand why people reserve things.
    This. If more players show more respect and less complacence, maybe we raid leaders would feel more generous.

10. Clearly you people complaining have never even bothered to try leading a raid. I used to complain about it like you guys, and then I actually started leading several raids weekly. Now I understand why people reserve things.
    This. If more players show more respect and less complacence, maybe we raid leaders would feel more generous.
    I know it's not easy to lead a raid multiple times per week, for many weeks, only to be whined at by most people, and then not get any loot for yourself after all that hard work.
    I hate reserves, but that means I just don't join raids where important items are reserved, not that I cry about changing the rules so people can't do it.
    Right. Joining a group where the leader is reserving an item is just empowering them.

11. Well, reserving loot is definitely not against the rules, but it is heavily frowned upon.

The best advice I can give you is to simply wait for another raid to form that doesn't have items reserved.
    Or you can simply not raid that day and try again tomorrow.

Another solution would be that you start the same raid, but announcing "No items reserved!" in the message. A message like that might even make some of the people in the "reserved item" group leave, to join your group.

Of course, most of these problems are solved if you join a guild.

12. I dont see how this can be an issue at all.

Nobody forces you to join a raid with reserves. I dont really care for reserves at all, takes out the excitement of actually hunting items.. But thats a preference.
    I dont believe anyone will stop playing and hosting raids just because they got the items they were searching for, they might just progress to other types of raids or alts.
    This should by no means be a bannable offense, its actually very convinient that leaders state the rules before the start so you can choose to do something else.

But that being said, I get why people reserve stuff.. Its obvious a lot of the people complaining have never tried to lead a 25man pug raid. Sometimes its all good and everything is smooth.. However more often you'll see people doing anything but helping the raid, only looking out for themselves - So when the mentality is greed, why shouldnt the leader get their prize for doing all the hard work of keeping people together?
    However having a raid with reserves set a certain standard and usually just results in a bad raid where the leader wants a carry..

TL;DR: Dont join reserve raids and end the greedy attitudes.. So everyone can have fun :D

13. The main problem is that our populations are not blizlike. On blizzard low pop server is 7.5k, high is 20k. You can pick and choose raids all day long if you want. Ultimately blizlike is that people can do PvE, and on a private server with tiny population like 5k rules should be to facilitate that "blizlike" experience as much as possible. On retail if someone doesn't want to organize a raid (many more ppl do not want to organize thier own raid), can simply easily get into raid all day long without any worry of reservations, on here may take a couple of weeks to find one. Thats the issue we shouldn't gloss over. PvE is basically dead here, yeah some well organized guilds can slap together a raid, but this is nothing like blizlike experience. Its like saying, if you want to PvE go join retail, which is unacceptable.

14. Reserving was a thing on retail and is a thing here. It's annoying as ****, but who cares. If they took the time to make a group and then lead them they can have free pickings to w/e loot they want as long as it was announced at the start of the raid. Quit crying and either join a guild or make your own raid. Simple.

15. The main problem is that our populations are not blizlike. On blizzard low pop server is 7.5k, high is 20k. You can pick and choose raids all day long if you want. Ultimately blizlike is that people can do PvE, and on a private server with tiny population like 5k rules should be to facilitate that "blizlike" experience as much as possible. On retail if someone doesn't want to organize a raid (many more ppl do not want to organize thier own raid), can simply easily get into raid all day long without any worry of reservations, on here may take a couple of weeks to find one. Thats the issue we shouldn't gloss over. PvE is basically dead here, yeah some well organized guilds can slap together a raid, but this is nothing like blizlike experience. Its like saying, if you want to PvE go join retail, which is unacceptable.
    So basically you wanna punish the people, who make an effort for others to have atleast some kind of PVE experience. All because you are not satisfied with the experience you have.. When you could take it into your own hands to host raids on your own and contribute to improving that experience even more.
    As you say, there is room for improvement - How about you make that improvement then.

If you punish people for hosting raids with their own rules, you will just kill off a part of the population that host raids and degrade the experience further.

123 Last