1. I started to heal and obviosly have lower gear. Doing fos pos fine, hc i got the achievement but its harder to do with lower geared played. And get constant kicks whe we fail cuz YEAH BLAME THE HEALER. Stupid mages clothers cant hide on Garfrost but they think this is not their fault CUZ HEY WE ARE DPS! Go f......
    I dont have motivation to play healer or tank cuz every dps will blame on you when they lack heal.
    **** the blame game! It's a waste of time and rarely resolves any problem. Players just need to man up and take accountability by humbly admitting they were the one who screwed up or giving players a bit of advice. Yeah, they still might kick you but at least you removed everyone's tension.

2. No worries, thank you for reading! :)

Hope you can get better, and hopefully not hear again from those toxic players :P !
    Ofc I will improve but sometimes gear is the problem. People come undergeared and blame me cuz they are dps and they think they cant be blamed. Also I saw few paladin tanks who dont use sacred shield.

3. WoTLK:

Spoiler: Show
    I joined in around 2011, and I got excited for playing the game, Molten was still at Wrath of The Lich King realms, and I could only play those... There was a HUGE queue... Took me like 5 hours just to play for a while, and I managed to finnaly play with a Death Knight...
    I saw people inviting for ICC rep-farms and stuff, did those, and got some nice gear, after some time, I thought I'd give it a shot to raid ICC itself. I was an Unholy Death-Knight, and i got kicked everytime before I got to Marrowgar, you know why? My pet always pulled him... :>

I laugh everytime I think of it, even now when I play I'm afraid I will pull some boss again haha...
    I've been playing hunters in WotLK for years yet I still make the occasional mistake of setting pet in Aggressive. It is unavoidable sometimes because as a BM Hunter, Aggressive stance is convenient when cleaning mobs. Actually, just two days ago, my devilsaur pulled a group of dragonkin in OS and wipe the entire raid (tank was still flying at the time). But the worst was my devilsaur pulling Putricide in ICC pug. Now, the fear is gone and I just have to be more aware of things. This is why avoid complications in raid: 5-button dps rotation and no addons.

4. There we go...
    It was me and 24 peasants vs LK.
    LK died.
    And here I am. Ty.

5. I don't quite remember the date but it was long before the "Moltdown" even before the heroic version of Icecrown Citadel was available.
    I was an officer in this guild and I actually had a lot of friends, which for some reason I've never been able to make both in the real world and in WoW. The three main bosses we used to struggle a lot with were Blood Queen Lana'Thel, Sindragosa, and the Lich King. Once we got to the upper citadel we always went straight to the Royal Quarters just to get the Blood Queen over with; if successful, we would move on to the Frostwing Halls which would open up after the queen died. On average to down Sindragosa I would say it took us at least 5-7 wipes. From then, we would the easiest of all sections which was the Plagueworks. If we actually managed to defeat all those bosses and people had time to stay we would attempt the Lich King. We went weeks, and weeks, and weeks, attempting to defeat him but if we were lucky enough to make it to the second phase someone would always take too long to move out of defile or forget to kill one of the val'kyrs. On this one day however, we managed to defeat all the bosses except Sindragosa in just one try. Sindragosa took us 4 wipes but we defeated her. Which meant we ha definitely had time to try out the Lich King. We took one of those 5 minute breaks before going, everyone was taking their flasks, eating the fish feast I would always bring, paladins giving out their buffs to each class. So we started the fight, we get through phase one smoothly, surprisingly we get through phase two with one one death, and we moved onto the the third phase which we had never gotten to. At this moment I remember everyone in Ventrillo saying "shut the **** up, please no one talk. Stay focused". I was still calling out for defile and typing warnings for vile spirits as I healed. I was so focused on healing and trying not to die that when I died I was like " what the ****", "how did I die I wasn't standing on anything bad". Then my ears almost bled from all the cheering in Ventrillo and I realized the Lich King had casted "Fury of Frostmourne" which meant it was over. We had finally done it and I was so proud of my guild and the group we had assembled. Even though it was just the normal version and not the heroic one it was still a big deal for us back then since heroic wasn't made available until a few months after that.

tldr; Noob guild kills the LIch King normal mode for the first time after an agonizing number of tries and failures.

6. That's a nice story there, ebae. Hard work and persistence really pays off.

I had a somewhat similar experience in ICC that ended up as a failure. I joined this pug that has already reached Sindragosa, and they were willing to take players without Frostwing Halls achiv, so I didn't hesitate to join my friend who was also in that raid. The pug was semi-guild run so they didn't give up easily. The fights went smoothly up until the 3rd phase where 3/4 of the raid have . But after 2 hours of wiping (5 tries), I finally gave up. I may have wasted my save but the experience was almost worth it as it was my very first Sindy fight. My friend had all the time in the world as he had been in he raid for 8 ****ing hours!

7. [=Redacted.=]
    Edited: November 5, 2016 Reason: I have a stalking problem and need to purge my online presence.

8. I don't think I can match some of your stories, but I can share one that comes to mind, but it's rather sad.

On retail when WotLK expansion was active, we used to get LoD quite often with my guild. So you can imagine that it became like a routine for us. However, we let a Trial join our run one day, and he was quite excited. When Lich King finally casted Fury of Frostmourne, that guy literally cheered as loud as he could on Ventrilo, but the rest of us were really silent (I think one guy even said in a casual and calm voice "Oh well, just another kill"). When that Trial realised he's the only one cheering, he stopped and felt really embarrassed. That kind of brought a lot of nostalgia back. Anyway, ever since that day, no matter how many times we killed an end-game boss (even here on Warmane), I still try to enjoy each kill separately as if it was one of our first ones to be killed. Kind of brings back the spirit to the game.
    Sorry for mixing retail story into this thread.

I do however have another one that happened on Warmane.

So I was an Officer in a guild I was recently in (yes, it's a relevant information). I'm using a TipTac addon (it's an addon that makes your mouseover tooltip quite detailed and advanced, but the most important thing is that with a simple mouseover you can see target's guild, talents, mana, health, rank in his guild, etc ...). I have two computers (one is actually a work computer - a Mac - where I also have WoW installed), so one day I was running around in Dalaran on my Mage while playing on Mac (to clarify why this is relevant is that in Mac, the command to close an application is Cmd + Q). So I wanted to close WoW with the close command, but that command doesn't work inside WoW, so the game actually considered as if I used my Q bind, which is Mirror Image. So I wanted to close the game by clicking Esc -> Exit, and while doing so, I mouseovered a nicely geared Mage, so I thought I would inspect him with my mouseover tooltip for a second. I realised that that Mage is actually in my guild and is an Officer! Knowing everyone inside the guild by name, I became really curious of who that player is, then I saw my Mage's name -- when I wanted to close my WoW, I pressed Q and triggered Mirror Images, so I actually mouseovered my Mirror Image and wanted to inspect it. But wait! There's more! I use two accounts that I own, so what my brain did at that moment is think that I was playing on my other account and I mouseovered my Mage. I panicked, as I thought "****, someone hacked my account and logged my Mage" ... so I freaked out for a second, then it finally struck me that I was mouseovering my Mirror Image and what a brain-fart my brain just did.

9. Oh, I remembered one story. There was a guild here on Warmane that went inactive some time ago, but that doesn't matter. What matters is the next situation that I heard from the guildies, since I wasn't in the raid. The guild was farming LoD every week, so one week Oathbinder drops and a wild Shadowmourne retribution appeared wanting the Oathbinder for him. He was bidding (DKP) versus a druid that would have much more use of Oathbinder, even for his off-spec. But no, paladin was so persistent saying that Oathbinder is actually better for him during the 3rd phase of the Lich King heroic encounter, better than the Shadowmourne. Yes, he wanted Oathbinder for himself only to use it during the last phase of the Lich King 25-heroic encounter and not for the rest of the encounters inside the Icecrown Citadel.
    Eventually he took the Oathbinder for himself and guess what? Yep, he didn't use it one single time.

10. DrinkTilShesHot, I think I know who you're referring to in your story, and I believe I have to comment on it.

The player in question did however use that Oathbinder in ICC encounters, and not only on LK.
    Along with that, you only subtly mentioned that it was a MS vs OS bid.
    Also, another relevant information would be that the Druid mentioned never (at least not that I heard of) used his OS before or after that occurrence on that toon.

I wouldn't do the same if it was me true, but I wouldn't frown on players who would, as the reason is legitimate.

11. However, other players seem to hate my build. They either make fun of my turtle tanking pet and tell me to get a wolf (I'd honestly take my Devilsaur into more dungeons/raids, though, if Devilsaur pathing wasn't so wonky and liable to pull); or respec because "BM is trash in this expansion" or they kick me out of raids because I'm "not doing enough DPS" (part of the build means my DPS takes a dip so the pet does the tanking - doesn't mean I can't do damage, just means it takes a little longer than average to whittle the health down). I follow instructions/tactics, I don't do ****ty things like ninja'ing, I always pop Hunter's Mark for RDPS and the like...I'm not useless. But everyone else thinks I am.
    Are you doing it in pugs? Warmane pugs are notorious for being ignorant in doing unconventional stuff. Pet tanking in raids could work if you coordinate well with tanks. And doing great DPS is overrated nowadays. Survival is becoming more important as our DPS is so abnormally high we are likely to steal threat from tanks. For instance, the most in-demand spell from hunters in raids is Misdirection. This means you have to constantly argue that your turtle can save a raid faster than a wolf.

My hunter's MS is BM and I haven't gotten any flack. Critics would only ask me if I do good dmg and I always prove them even surpassing some MM hunters :p

It's alright to be upset with these things, but at the end of the day, this game doesn't revolve around you. You can still do pet tanking peacefully in dungeons.
    Edited: July 21, 2015

12. What i just learned a while ago: Always read the fine print before going into a transaction or activity.

Just today, I was pretty bored with my Hunter so I decided to help this lowbie looking to do some questing at Outland. In global, he advertised that he will give 1k gold to whoever will boost him from lvl 61-70. At that moment, I thought he was going to pay me at fixed rate or depending on how much time I spend with him, like most of the lowbies I've helped in the past. My current occupation irl is editing corporate journals and I read hundreds of passages everyday so I tend to overlook a lot of details.

Questing with him made me realize that he is only there to use me, with little consideration of my time and showing. He frequently took five-minute breaks in between to care for his girlfriend, while I just stand there protecting him from mobs. He was also unresponsive at times which made the pace slow and lifeless. After 45 minutes, he progressed 2 levels then I decided to leave.

When it came to my fee, I was surprised that he was only going to give me 200g. He argued that I only get a fraction after helping him reach only two levels, and even laughed at my sorry ***. He was right but I was not satisfied. I tried to tell him how his fees are too low but he that only made him more annoyed.

There was nothing wrong with the negotiation. If you calculate it, him gaining two levels would only add up to 200g. And I carelessly agreed to do so at the beginning. But things like this go beyond rationalization. Just like in real life, you tip people for giving you exceptional service or serving you overtime; it's a sign of respect. This dude didn't even apologize for those unnecessary breaks and just gave me an empty "tnx" at the end. And above all, I just didn't enjoy hanging out with this person.

TL;DR spent 45 minutes in helping lowbie for measly 200g in Deathwing realm. Even in video games, please don't take someone else's time for granted.

13. So I was an Officer in a guild I was recently in (yes, it's a relevant information). I'm using a TipTac addon (it's an addon that makes your mouseover tooltip quite detailed and advanced, but the most important thing is that with a simple mouseover you can see target's guild, talents, mana, health, rank in his guild, etc ...). I have two computers (one is actually a work computer - a Mac - where I also have WoW installed), so one day I was running around in Dalaran on my Mage while playing on Mac (to clarify why this is relevant is that in Mac, the command to close an application is Cmd + Q). So I wanted to close WoW with the close command, but that command doesn't work inside WoW, so the game actually considered as if I used my Q bind, which is Mirror Image. So I wanted to close the game by clicking Esc -> Exit, and while doing so, I mouseovered a nicely geared Mage, so I thought I would inspect him with my mouseover tooltip for a second. I realised that that Mage is actually in my guild and is an Officer! Knowing everyone inside the guild by name, I became really curious of who that player is, then I saw my Mage's name -- when I wanted to close my WoW, I pressed Q and triggered Mirror Images, so I actually mouseovered my Mirror Image and wanted to inspect it. But wait! There's more! I use two accounts that I own, so what my brain did at that moment is think that I was playing on my other account and I mouseovered my Mage. I panicked, as I thought "****, someone hacked my account and logged my Mage" ... so I freaked out for a second, then it finally struck me that I was mouseovering my Mirror Image and what a brain-fart my brain just did.
    Ahh, those moments xD This is why I'm not fond of using addons. Even if you are used to it, it will screw you up when things get busy.

A similar experience occurred just two days ago. I was helping this dude spot Gondria's (spirit beast) spawn locations. When we arrived there, we spotted this overpowered Alliance hunter, clearly camping for Gondria also. Both of us tried to attack this hunter but she was kicking our ***. To save ourselves, I tried to summon my own Gondria to confuse her that it was the real thing xD Imagine if the NPCScan signal suddenly rang at such a messy situation, she would have panicked! But ofc, I won't know her reaction and she just left after killing us :p

14. i make RF LoD. then i make return on stream. They make gay marriage where i live. I turn gay.

First 123 Last