1. Your funny/sad/strange/stupid/awesome PvE stories

This needs to be said: Warmane needs to lighten up. In the midst of bugs and grievances, each of us have our own experiences. We tell them with our in-game friends and guildies but if we want to make it last, let's share it in the forums.

There used to be this kind of thread in 2011-13, but ever since MoP was released, the bugs were piling up and people were more inclined to discuss how to fix them rather than having small talk. Nowadays, the forums seems... soulless. I notice the endless threads of server technical issues are taking a toll to the community. It's as if users just hop into the forums to hear whether or not this script has been fixed. I'm sure we have something else to say. Heck, even the old ninja list threads kept the forum alive albeit in a childish way.

Some of you may disagree, but I don't see everyday in WoW as a routine. There's always something new going on, and I'd like you all to share it.

Without further a do, let me light up the campfire.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just did a Ulduar 25 pug last week. I've been playing WotLK for more than 5 years and I haven't advanced Ulduar until a week ago. The pug felt... different. Everyone was cooperative and patient throughout the raid. The leader... just fantastic. We only did a few bosses until we wiped in Auriaya due to damage bug. The raid stretched to 3 hours because a lot of people wanted the achivs... yet we failed some of them. I don't know, it's one of those experiences where there were no good and bad guys, just people enjoying a game for what it is. Why can't we have that in ICC?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ignore button has consequences. I asked this guy to invite me for a VoA raid. He kicked me for no apparent reason while I was already on my way there. I whisped him once... to no reply. Second whisp... ignore. Fast forward to a week later, I joined a guild and had my first guild run in ICC with him. Since we were the only hunters in the raid, we competed for our gear. I won the roll for this leg piece which he badly wanted. He whisped me several times that he's willing to trade gold for it but, of course, he can't see any of my messages. Being new to the guild, I embarrassingly asked the raid leader to tell the poor sucker to remove me from ignore list. After reaching a deal, he got all humble and the rest was history. From an ******* stranger to one of my closest in-game friends in one week... that's World of Warcraft for me.
    Edited: June 15, 2015

2. That's a really nice story right there...I had so many stories, now I don't remember any really... :)
    Fun read though, everyone should share theirs :)

3. When moltdown happened and the community were mad,sad,angry,confused in total disarray and everything looked real bad, some genius made this video and through all of it brought a epic smile to our faces because damm this is so funny and was needed at the time like a "breath of fresh air" as some like to say lol.

4. When moltdown happened and the community were mad,sad,angry,confused in total disarray and everything looked real bad, some genius made this video and through all of it brought a epic smile to our faces because damm this is so funny and was needed at the time like a "breath of fresh air" as some like to say lol.
    I hope you're being ironic. Getting tired of those hitler vids.

5. When moltdown happened and the community were mad,sad,angry,confused in total disarray and everything looked real bad, some genius made this video and through all of it brought a epic smile to our faces because damm this is so funny and was needed at the time like a "breath of fresh air" as some like to say lol.
    Lol that was pretty funny, gj whoever did it.

As for my story, I recently started on WotLK and I don't have that many, but there was this one OS 25 mount run, it was my first OS 25/mount run ever, so I joined as heals, and in the end ended up winning the mount with like rolling 98. So I guess you can count this one under the "awesome" part in the title.

That was a pretty good day for me, Twilight Drake looks quite epic.

6. As for my story, I recently started on WotLK and I don't have that many, but there was this one OS 25 mount run, it was my first OS 25/mount run ever, so I joined as heals, and in the end ended up winning the mount with like rolling 98. So I guess you can count this one under the "awesome" part in the title.

That was a pretty good day for me, Twilight Drake looks quite epic.
    Grats, but I had a luckier situation in ToC 25hc when I won Death's Verdict. Someone offered me to trade 100k gold for DV but I still rejected it. This was in Lordaeron so 100k is freakin huge. But what can I say... winning DV in a pug is almost a once in a lifetime prize.

7. July 9, 2015  
    Yesterday, I got kicked in RHC for slacking in Violet Hold. I was slacking because I was behind skinning dragonkins. They have the right to do so but kicking me didn't help.

This has rarely happened to me or any RHC group I've been to. 90% of reasons for kicking is needing items without warrant. I guess I just caught up with players having a bad day. This is why I am learning how to balance skinning and catching up with the group.

This thread is starting to look like a diary, but hey, this what I want in the first place - to lighten up the server.

8. July 9, 2015  
    I'm actually glad that pug leaders have been given the right to reserve items lately because I've been there before...

Back in old Lordaeron, I used to organize pugs for lower-end raids such as Onyxia and ToC. At that time, being a pug organizer/leader was difficult because (1) reserving items wasn't the norm yet; (2) the population was lower than Ragnaros and Deathwing so it took a lot of time find people; and (3) drop rate was low so I had to compete with players (where some don't even need items and just Need roll out of greed). To top it off, the community was just as awful as Ragna and DW.

For example, one time I lead and organized an OS 25. Took me three attempts to finish - yeah, that's right. Wiped at first run, everyone was alright. Wiped again at 2nd run, 3/4 of the raid left. Organizing the 3rd run from scratch really taught me a lot of patience; nevertheless, I was able to assemble a better-geared team. After finally killing the 3 drakes and Sarth, it was loot time and, since I did not have loot addon, loot rolls got messy. All of a sudden, 3-4 players started accusing me of ninja for giving the first item to the wrong winner. I mean, they had the audacity to do that after all I've been through! I apologized and just compromised for a re-trade. Good thing that someone from the raid have known me before and defended my mistakes. At the end of the raid, I didn't win anything and just got quiet leaves and half-hearted thank-you's from players. All in all, it was three hours of headache.

Thinking about it right now, I didn't really need any items. I gained something more valuable and that is leadership, while those lazy and immature players either stopped playing or continue to depend on others to win over things rather than achieving true success.
    Edited: July 9, 2015

9. July 9, 2015  
    This needs to be said: Warmane needs to lighten up. In the midst of bugs and grievances, each of us have our own experiences. We tell them with our in-game friends and guildies but if we want to make it last, let's share it in the forums.

There used to be this kind of thread in 2011-13, but ever since MoP was released, the bugs were piling up and people were more inclined to discuss how to fix them rather than having small talk. Nowadays, the forums seems... soulless. I notice the endless threads of server technical issues are taking a toll to the community. It's as if users just hop into the forums to hear whether or not this script has been fixed. I'm sure we have something else to say. Heck, even the old ninja list threads kept the forum alive albeit in a childish way.

Some of you may disagree, but I don't see everyday in WoW as a routine. There's always something new going on, and I'd like you all to share it.

Without further a do, let me light up the campfire.

Just did a Ulduar 25 pug last week. I've been playing WotLK for more than 5 years and I haven't advanced Ulduar until a week ago. The pug felt... different. Everyone was cooperative and patient throughout the raid. The leader... just fantastic. We only did a few bosses until we wiped in Auriaya due to damage bug. The raid stretched to 3 hours because a lot of people wanted the achivs... yet we failed some of them. I don't know, it's one of those experiences where there were no good and bad guys, just people enjoying a game for what it is. Why can't we have that in ICC?

The ignore button has consequences. I asked this guy to invite me for a VoA raid. He kicked me for no apparent reason while I was already on my way there. I whisped him once... to no reply. Second whisp... ignore. Fast forward to a week later, I joined a guild and had my first guild run in ICC with him. Since we were the only hunters in the raid, we competed for our gear. I won the roll for this leg piece which he badly wanted. He whisped me several times that he's willing to trade gold for it but, of course, he can't see any of my messages. Being new to the guild, I embarrassingly asked the raid leader to tell the poor sucker to remove me from ignore list. After reaching a deal, he got all humble and the rest was history. From an ******* stranger to one of my closest in-game friends in one week... that's World of Warcraft for me.
    I played WoW for 1 year or less I guess, but I've been playing mmorpg games since 10 or more years. To answer what I underlined, I think that knowing the game, what to do and everything makes thing not funny because everyone wants to run raids just for farming them and doesn't give a **** about content. Just remember when you first played WoW to know what am I talking about.

10. July 9, 2015  
    I started to heal and obviosly have lower gear. Doing fos pos fine, hc i got the achievement but its harder to do with lower geared played. And get constant kicks whe we fail cuz YEAH BLAME THE HEALER. Stupid mages clothers cant hide on Garfrost but they think this is not their fault CUZ HEY WE ARE DPS! Go f......
    I dont have motivation to play healer or tank cuz every dps will blame on you when they lack heal.

11. I started to heal and obviosly have lower gear. Doing fos pos fine, hc i got the achievement but its harder to do with lower geared played. And get constant kicks whe we fail cuz YEAH BLAME THE HEALER. Stupid mages clothers cant hide on Garfrost but they think this is not their fault CUZ HEY WE ARE DPS! Go f......
    I dont have motivation to play healer or tank cuz every dps will blame on you when they lack heal.
    Cataclysm:

Spoiler: Show
    I've been playing for the past 4 years, and I agree being a tank or a healer is hard, especially when people start blaming you for everything. But, over time, I learned that I shouldn't care about what they think or say, if you did something wrong, they should've been able to tell you what mistakes you did, and try to help you.
    On the other hand, I met some nice people that helped me when something like that happened, and I got better at healing / tanking. I started Healing/Tanking in Cataclysm, back in 4.1.
    That time, I joined a Portuguese guild, and since I was a complete noob at what I was doing (I was leveling as Healer, until level 60, where my GM approached me and asked why was I taking so long to level up), I used to talk alot on Guild Chat, And I said that I was leveling as a healer, and he told me to either level up as tank or Dps, because it's faster... Anyway, I only was leveling as Healer because I thought I would level to 85 all through dungeons... I was wrong, spent more time questing than doing dungeons :P

Anyway, the time spent by, and I finnaly reached 85! Yay... And I asked my guild what they needed the most... As I was expecting for them to say, they said to play whatever I like the most, that they wouldn't force me to go to a role I didn't like. Well, I started gearing up my Tank spec more, than my Healing spec, because at that time, I got to RDF groups way quicker tanking. Through all that time, sometimes my older brother saw me tanking and gave me some tips too (Taunt that mob, use a CD, etc), and that helped me alot to this. As soon as I reached 340 Item-Level, it was raiding day, and my guild was going to raid Bastion of Twilight (I applied for all raids I could), and the GM again, talked to me if I could tank Halfus. Well, needless to say, I was nervous and said I was really low item-level, but he took me anyway. We did fine, the trash killed me a few times, but we proceeded, there I was, looking at that giant... Until they explained the tactics to me. Every hit I got from him, took me like 15% of my HP, and yes, I was using Word of Glory plus CD's at the same time. We managed to kill it at the 3rd try, because someone kept dying at that fight. Anyway, that kept me going until now, and managed to succeed until then, and I'm sure, with time and focus, you will get there to! :)

WoTLK:

Spoiler: Show
    I joined in around 2011, and I got excited for playing the game, Molten was still at Wrath of The Lich King realms, and I could only play those... There was a HUGE queue... Took me like 5 hours just to play for a while, and I managed to finnaly play with a Death Knight...
    I saw people inviting for ICC rep-farms and stuff, did those, and got some nice gear, after some time, I thought I'd give it a shot to raid ICC itself. I was an Unholy Death-Knight, and i got kicked everytime before I got to Marrowgar, you know why? My pet always pulled him... :>

I laugh everytime I think of it, even now when I play I'm afraid I will pull some boss again haha...
    Edited: July 10, 2015

12. Thank you for your post. I think guild is the only way. Now for every kick I am doing /ignore and thats it.

13. No worries, thank you for reading! :)

Hope you can get better, and hopefully not hear again from those toxic players :P !

14. I played WoW for 1 year or less I guess, but I've been playing mmorpg games since 10 or more years. To answer what I underlined, I think that knowing the game, what to do and everything makes thing not funny because everyone wants to run raids just for farming them and doesn't give a **** about content. Just remember when you first played WoW to know what am I talking about.
    That's understandable. Doing the same raid over and over again for years will SURELY wear you out, but it's still up to the players themselves to make the game fun. I've been running ICC for years but the place still excites me because every raid has a different vibe. Those who only run to farm emblems and achivs won't last.

15. Thank you for your post. I think guild is the only way. Now for every kick I am doing /ignore and thats it.
    Personally, I only ignore those who try to harass me but I always do my best to forgive players since a lot of people play WoW to release that pressure after having a bad day. This is why some players I've met behave badly today yet the next day they can be your friend.

123 Last