1. Pet thread

I notice the rare beast thread mainly caters to Cata and MoP players. The spawn points and the context are much different in WotLK so I believe it's just necessary to have a separate thread dedicated to helping WotLK hunters make the best out of their pets.

So this thread is basically about three things:
    - Finding rare beasts
    - Speccing
    - Random discussion

Now, I have a few queries in mind.

1. Has any of you tamed a spirit beast in the recent weeks? I tried finding Skoll and Gondria just after restart to no appearance. I'm afraid recent fixes might have bugged their spawning.

2. What's up with wolves with spectral skin? In almost every raid I go to, I see one. they have become so common that it isn't cool anymore.

3. For PvP, what's the best spec to combat against BOTH melee and casters in terms of special abilities? I'm using a Bird of Prey right now. They might be the best against melee but they're pretty much useless against casters.

4. For special snowflakes, here are some other pets with unique skins to consider taming: (and they are easy to find)

Grubthor (worm)
    Spoiler: Show

I tamed him just two weeks ago outside the gate of Ahn 'Qiraj. He always spawns there, and it seems he only has a regular timer.

Lost Torranche (tallstrider)

Plenty of them in that separate floating isle. I think you need a flying mount to reach there.

Ironjaw (wolf)

A good alternative to spectral wolves. Before moltdown, there were multiple Ironjaws scattered in northern Terrokar due to bug. But in Warmane, it only has one spawn location.

Angered Arakkoa Protector (bird of prey)

Location: Vekhaar Stand, Blade's Edge Mountains http://www.wowhead.com/npc=21470/ang...kkoa-protector
    Don't let yourself be fooled by it's appearance and Petopia. When I tamed this just a week ago, it was classified as Bird of Prey instead of Carrion Bird. I guess they fixed this in Cata. In Warmane, they are already spawned so you don't have to go all that trouble to let Arakkoa humanoids to spawn this bird.

Shattered Hand Warhound (wolf)

Scion of Quetz'lun (wind serpent)

Location: In front of Altar of Quetz'lun, Zuldrak http://www.wowhead.com/npc=28477/scion-of-quetzlun

Trachela (carrion bird)

The Kurken (corehound)

Blacksting (wasp)

Shy-rotam (cat)

Shy-rotam spawns along with Sian-rotam who is also tamable. You need to click on something under the big rock den to summon Shy.

Mazzranache (tallstrider)

Okay, now this one, along with Arcturis, are the only ones I haven't seen yet in any WotLK realms in Molten/Warmane since I first played in 2011. Yes, she's that rare. Can someone provide me more info about Mazz?

Aluntir (wasp)

CONFIRMED UNTAMABLE

Uhk'loc (gorilla)

If you guys are looking to tame Mokk the Savage who also have the same skin color, you'll be disappointed to find our that he's untamable.

Silithid Ravager (silithid)

Location: An abandoned quarry in Salt Flats, Thousand Needles

This tan ravager is a rare spawn, which means there's only one of it. It dwells down a hole in the quarry.

You guys might argue that these beasts are already known to many. I'm just posting them here to confirm and make clarifications. Aside from these there are more beasts with rare skins. I only included those that either have (1) one spawn location or (2) rarely seen tamed by hunters at all.
    Edited: April 14, 2016

2. Great thread! Definitely sick of the same spectral wolf that every other hunter uses, each thinking he's unique.

3. Nice guide,I really,really like it,had some of them when I played on WoTLK,King Mosh and King Krush were my favorite :-D

4. I never played the wotlk realms in warmane and this thread is very organized and well-explained. Nice guide! Keep up the good work! :D

5. Btw, Arcturis is still working in WOTLK, just that it has the method like in cata :)

6. 3. For PvP, what's the best spec to combat against BOTH melee and casters in terms of special abilities? I'm using a Bird of Prey right now. They might be the best against melee but they're pretty much useless against casters.
    i use 3 pets but they change depending on what im playing, i would ditch the Bird because you already have a disarm as a hunter and take either a crab or a ravager or even a gorilla which is tanky like a crab but can silence instead of rooting the target.

7. Nice guide,I really,really like it,had some of them when I played on WoTLK,King Mosh and King Krush were my favorite :-D
    I don't know what's so special about King Mosh because he has the same skin with those red-orange devilsaurs in Un'goro Crater.

8. i use 3 pets but they change depending on what im playing, i would ditch the Bird because you already have a disarm as a hunter and take either a crab or a ravager or even a gorilla which is tanky like a crab but can silence instead of rooting the target.
    It's dawning on me that ravager's are the OG of pvp pets because trample is useful at almost every situation. But, like the special snowflake in me, I might opt for a nether ray or crocolisk :p

9. Great thread! Definitely sick of the same spectral wolf that every other hunter uses, each thinking he's unique.
    lol I had some funny experiences in asking other hunters about spirit beasts. I usually ask hunters in global if they had caught any spirit beast in Deathwing. 50% of response tell me to get the spectral wolf in Dustwallow Marsh :facepalm: When i tell them spirit beasts are a different pet family, they just bid me good luck lol. Like that spectral wolf couldn't get more overrated.

10. Um,loque has 2 days spawn time on Wotlk,but some of them will be uploaded on Wotlk realm,cause skoll and arcturis and few others.are.fiyed.too,just need to be uploaded,btw Bats.as.pets are very fun and useful for pvp

11. Right now, i'm looking for an alternative for my devilsaur. I play my hunter everyday, so it gets kinda tiring using my devilsaur at every encounter. There are three alternatives in mind: Raptors, Cats, and Wasps.

Raptors have Savage Rend. Many hunters in the web and in-game hail raptors as the second best pet for raiding, just behind Wolves (and Devilsaurs for BM).

Cats have Rake and Prowl. Prowl is obviously a PvP ability but it can still be useful in short dungeon encounters, attacking weaker mobs one by one. Rake provides a nice DoT that doesn't stack.

Wasps, on the other had, have Sting. Obviously, this ability seems more inferior to Savage Rend but we gotta remember how armor reduction can benefit an entire raid's dps, rather than just personal dps. It has better damage-over-time than Rake but when Druid's Faerie Fire is active, it doesn't stack and activate. It just sucks that the dmg potential is sacrificed for a PvP ability that is virtually useless in raids.

Between the three, my judgment tells me that raptors edges cats and wasps because the crit proc is just too good to pass up. Still, I'm not getting a raptor due to aesthetic reasons, graphical movement bug to be specific.

Now, my question is which of the two have a higher dps potential: Cats or Wasps?

NOTE: The ability rank of the raptor is higher than the wasp or cat because I did not have time to raise my wasp and cat to lvl 80. So just use your rationale or imagination.

12. July 2, 2015  
    Hey, I am an Orc Hunter and I my trainer doesn't give me my tame beast quests, how can I get a pet then?
    ty for your help

13. July 4, 2015  
    What's the name of the aluntir quest ... and any more information about it ?

14. July 5, 2015  
    What's the name of the aluntir quest ... and any more information about it ?
    You can read about the quest chain here. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=15288/aluntir#comments

A couple of pointers:

1. You don't need to finish the Dearest Natalia quest. The quest, while taking it, will just allow you to get the required quests from the two dwarves.

2. Glyph Chasing is honestly the hardest collecting quest I've done. The crystals are tricky to find, and the mobs (even in low lvls) were annoying as hell. So I'm telling you that you need a lot of time and patience to finish this quest.

3. When you finally take the quest called "The Calling", DO NOT kill the giant anubis boss yet. When I took the quest, I could not find Aluntir, only the boss and two other qiraji elite mobs. So my advice is to find Aluntir around Silithus first, or you can restart the quest. I made the mistake of immediately killing the boss, and Aluntir was nowhere to be found.

4. Here's a top-rated comment on that Wowhead thread: "After you used the glyph, 3 non-elite named wasps will spawn. Kill them, easy. Then you have to kill the BOSS giant." In Warmane, my attempt has proven otherwise. There were no non-elite wasps around the area.

5. I did this before the recent fixes more than a month ago, so there's a possibility that the wasps will appear this time. But sadly, I cannot retake the quest anymore on my hunter :(

6. This wasp is really special because I haven't seen one in-game yet and has never been talked about in Molten until now. I can't even find a screenshot of a hunter with this wasp. This is mostly due to the fact that information about it has been erased (quest has been removed in Cata).
    Edited: July 5, 2015

15. July 6, 2015  
    3. When you finally take the quest called "The Calling", DO NOT kill the giant anubis boss yet. When I took the quest, I could not find Aluntir, only the boss and two other qiraji elite mobs. So my advice is to find Aluntir around Silithus first, or you can restart the quest. I made the mistake of immediately killing the boss, and Aluntir was nowhere to be found.
    Ok not sure if i am following you here , but i found aluntir , and he isn't tamable , not even a beast ... but he is there , without the quest spawning him or anything , i found him while collecting crystals after i went into a wrong hive tunnel , is that the npc you are talking about , or is he supposed to spawn again from that quest as a tamable beast ?

123 ... Last