1. Revoke all LoD and Bane titles from the bug

i think its the right thing to do, leave there items and mounts etc but just take away the title from the period when lk was bugged.

2. i think its the right thing to do, leave there items and mounts etc but just take away the title from the period when lk was bugged.
    They didn't take it away when everybody was bug abusing or hacking to get them a few years ago, so I doubt they will now, sadly.

3. Could you explain why we should, how it would benefit anyone, and how we might go about determining who was or was not "worthy"?

Nevermind possible collateral damage, because there certainly would be some (for the sake of humoring you on the matter) - be it people with older achievements getting theirs wiped as well, or the achievement system as a whole being blanked.

4. Could you explain why we should, how it would benefit anyone, and how we might go about determining who was or was not "worthy"?

Nevermind possible collateral damage, because there certainly would be some (for the sake of humoring you on the matter) - be it people with older achievements getting theirs wiped as well, or the achievement system as a whole being blanked.
    Why you should??? Because they were never earned as they should be and most wont ever get it again once its fixed.

How would it benefit anyone??? It would mean that bane and lod were actually meaningfull again by players who earned it legit when its working.

How would you do it??? Simple, the date the movement update was implemented was when it started... As for collateral damage?? Well we survived 2 wipes im sure a few exploited achieves going wont hurt as bad as they did.

Also this couldave been prevented and this topic wouldnt have been created if the LK and halion was disabled until they were sure they had it fixed, could have left all other icc bosses there and also halion mini bosses . Just my humble opinion which as we can see others share.

5. Why you should??? Because they were never earned as they should be and most wont ever get it again once its fixed.

How would it benefit anyone??? It would mean that bane and lod were actually meaningfull again by players who earned it legit when its working.

How would you do it??? Simple, the date the movement update was implemented was when it started... As for collateral damage?? Well we survived 2 wipes im sure a few exploited achieves going wont hurt as bad as they did.

Also this couldave been prevented and this topic wouldnt have been created if the LK and halion was disabled until they were sure they had it fixed, could have left all other icc bosses there and also halion mini bosses . Just my humble opinion which as we can see others share.
    There is no point. Titles do nothing for your character. It isn't like a piece of gear. It's a title that just sits there and does nothing. So why waste resources for something that does nothing if people got it through a bug or not?

6. Lod and Bane shows that player has the skill level to beat end game content and to pve players the pinnacle of raiding. But now so many got it they dont mean ****. It wont happen we know that but its just disappointing to see so many linking them now and seing them raid like new players when you get them in groups.

7. I must say that I actually agree.

For example, our guild reached 3rd phase of LoD on main and alt run on separate days and we called out a wipe (even with 24 people still alive) as soon as we noticed that Lich King is still bugged in a way that there is no Frostmourne phase. We could've added two more counters to our LoD count, but that wouldn't feel earned.

Some guilds didn't feel the need to do it, and that's all good, since they realize they could've done it even without the bug that occurred that week.

However, I disagree with people who've never achieved such achievements in the past to achieve it like that for the first time. That's what I have the problem with. It's supposed to be a competition to achieve and kill the end-game boss of the expansion, no? I mean, if not, it brings down the whole point of actually progressing on it.

For the how it would benefit anyone - To keep the expansion stable. Same as the realm first achievement titles lost its meaning due to too many people having it, LoD and others will or did as well. Ain't that a reason enough?

Why is this any different - I've seen people getting banned by taunting Saviana, I've seen people getting banned for finishing VDW on the 2 days she was fully bugged around a year ago. I don't really understand how this is different?

How to determine who earned it the "wrong way" - as it was suggested, check the achievement dates earned. You know exactly when the encounter broke and when it was fixed. Some people earned it the right way, but it's not the first time people who did it right would lose their achievements.

8. there's far more things to worry about than a stupid achi that does nothing. if it bothers you that much write the dates down that it was bugged, and don't invite anyone linking the achi from that date.

9. Lod and Bane shows that player has the skill level to beat end game content and to pve players the pinnacle of raiding. But now so many got it they dont mean ****. It wont happen we know that but its just disappointing to see so many linking them now and seing them raid like new players when you get them in groups.
    I entirely disagree, and hope you can be honest with yourself and admit how silly this claim sounds (at least to some degree).

First off, seeing a player with LoD and/or Bane doesn't tell me they automatically have skill (any more than walking around with 6.2kGS does). What it tells me is that they likely donated to purchase enough equipment to hit 5.8-6.2k GS and found a guild or raid that has been working on farming the titles and was effectively carried to it -- it's not uncommon to see "Bane run @ LK, need 1DPS" spam these days after all.

Furthermore, it simply does not "show that player has the skill to beat end game content" when they didn't have to grind all the way from T7, to T8, to T9, then T10, then finally learn the heroics encounters while managing to keep players in guild that entire time focused on the end-game goal...getting these titles. It COULD mean that, but most people voted to get to 5k, hit up ICC25 for a month and got to 5.8k (since it seems that's less and less competition for even 264 gear these days), then were able to focus their time on learning their roles in the heroic encounters and just kept trying each week. Sure, that's an achievement of sorts, but certainly not one to fight so tenaciously over keeping bragging rights to it. Frankly put, it's simply not worth what you think it is to begin with here, in the eyes of many.

Also..."pinnacle of raiding" is absurd. There's a HUGE population here that is capable of achieving LoD/Bane regularly due to the massive prevalence of 277+ gear. That means you can literally try HC encounters every week as a PUG and eventually get it (even if out of sheer luck that you found a "GRUN" missing just your one role). That fact alone waters down the impressive nature of the titles FAR MORE than these bugs did for their short time frames.

Getting Bane or LoD on retail was an accomplishment, getting here is just a matter of time and persistence...has very little to do with skill. If the new 1x server is working as intended for years then suddenly has a bug like this, sure, I'd buy your argument (still not agree, but understand at least), but here...it's just ... silly.

10. I must say that I actually agree.

For example, our guild reached 3rd phase of LoD on main and alt run on separate days and we called out a wipe (even with 24 people still alive) as soon as we noticed that Lich King is still bugged in a way that there is no Frostmourne phase. We could've added two more counters to our LoD count, but that wouldn't feel earned..
    This is EXACTLY why it doesn't mean anything. People literally have alts farming this title anyway. It's simply not so rare here that it makes sense to fight over this.

11. Could you explain why we should, how it would benefit anyone, and how we might go about determining who was or was not "worthy"?

Like when _______ took realm first lod with abusing Anti-Magic Shell bug upon entering the ICC?

12. I guess I should point this out now: Achievements only prove that someone else could carry you.

13. First of all, I'd ask you to calm your tits since it's more like a QQ thread.
    Second, this bug was done due to an update that as some people have said and Warmane is trying to prove "will improve the server for good".
    It was almost impossible to get to LK due to Sindragosa's bug, at max people had 3 days to farm LoD before it got bugged again (2nd FM).
    Some guilds did kill LK, because it was easier but you should know that it wasn't their fault, they wanted to get it and if they got it, nice for them. If you mean anything about guilds that didn't down LoD, it was mostly by honor & morale.
    It was morale that kept people away from doing it and it was also morale that made people do it.

I'm sure there's no such big deal into making a little algorithm to delete everyone who got achievs through that week... Still, you should know that there will be people who will fight against this idea.

14. Just my humble opinion which as we can see others share.
    I wouldn't call it humble, since you are far more concerned about what other people have than what you should be. Your post is also presenting in a way that would indicate that you are rather worked-up over it; upset even. I think you should calm down since it was legitimate questions.
    This is EXACTLY why it doesn't mean anything. People literally have alts farming this title anyway. It's simply not so rare here that it makes sense to fight over this.
    There are also plenty of cases where someone (or more than one person) dies early in phase one and the group proceeds to kill the boss. Does everyone here think those individuals deserve the title as well? And what of exploiters?
    I thank you for expressing how I feel about the matter. Means I don't have to walloftext them in response.
    Like when _______ took realm first lod with abusing Anti-Magic Shell bug upon entering the ICC?
    I won't point out names, but case in point, there are people who have beaten the boss outside of this timeframe and did so illegitimately.

15. I wouldn't call it humble, since you are far more concerned about what other people have than what you should be. Your post is also presenting in a way that would indicate that you are rather worked-up over it; upset even. I think you should calm down since it was legitimate questions.
    lol you really think people get mad about what others have???? lol i was only pointing out that lod and bane did actually mean something. Okay so there are the odd cases of people getting it while dying and other reasons but not the sheer ammount now of players walking around with them is just crazy. And it was my opinion no more no more less yet you try to say im worked up mad and even upset??? I thought this was a forum where people express their views and opinions isnt that what this is for? But i guess its better to just keep them to ourselves now and just agree with everything thats posted and all be happy then :)
    Edited: June 19, 2015

12 Last