1. Cata or Mop-more enjoyable experience?

which expansion currently provides better gaming experience,when it comes to leveling and later PvE,considering the amount of avabile content and amount of bugs? Ive been playing on Wotlk realms for years,and spent some time on retail WoD but now i wanna go back to this server,so i was wondering where to start

2. which expansion currently provides better gaming experience,when it comes to leveling and later PvE,considering the amount of avabile content and amount of bugs? Ive been playing on Wotlk realms for years,and spent some time on retail WoD but now i wanna go back to this server,so i was wondering where to start
    Cata for now

3. wow that was fast,thank you very much

4. I would suggest going Cata and then MoP. I enjoyed Cata more too, and it's a total different experience if you go through the expansions in order :)

5. I agree. Cata is good one right now. MoP is frustrating for players right now. Staff is doing a very good job of fixing/adding things but they are years away from being done. Put about 3 years into Cata then transfer over to MoP.

6. I agree. Cata is good one right now. MoP is frustrating for players right now. Staff is doing a very good job of fixing/adding things but they are years away from being done. Put about 3 years into Cata then transfer over to MoP.
    If transfers ever become available /hoping

7. cata is steaming pile of ****, rets becoming ranged dot class. enhance doing 50k lls on full pvp geared ppl, i mean with every supposed "fix" they break fifteen other things. just look at the current cata bugtracker, embarrassing really...

Spoiler: Show
    funfact: cata is on molten since 2011

8. cata is steaming pile of ****, rets becoming ranged dot class. enhance doing 50k lls on full pvp geared ppl, i mean with every supposed "fix" they break fifteen other things. just look at the current cata bugtracker, embarrassing really...

Spoiler: Show
    funfact: cata is on molten since 2011
    these things caused the SHARP and dramatic decrease in population on cata. servers. is no one surprised that post molt-down had cata servers reaching 9k players (spread along 4 different realms) only to have 2.6k players today? aside from that, the cata realm has become a pay2win realm riddled with a bad community and a decreasing population.

if you want a better experience, I would go to MOP, more players and I believe more devs working on the updates there too. also, mop isn't as pay2win as cata is-- which is why a large portion of cata players went to mists of pandaria.

9. these things caused the SHARP and dramatic decrease in population on cata. servers. is no one surprised that post molt-down had cata servers reaching 9k players (spread along 4 different realms) only to have 2.6k players today? aside from that, the cata realm has become a pay2win realm riddled with a bad community and a decreasing population.

if you want a better experience, I would go to MOP, more players and I believe more devs working on the updates there too. also, mop isn't as pay2win as cata is-- which is why a large portion of cata players went to mists of pandaria.
    The reason a very large portion of cata players went to mists was that moltdown they changed half the cata servers over to MoP so many people just rolled with it and started there. (Sargeras). Many felt it was an indication from staff that MoP was ready for prime-time. But its far from there, bad advice sending him to MoP. Cata is a different experience and should be touched at least once instead of skipping it. Think of MoP as Cata with less old content working and a few new areas. Basically Cata-broken.

10. these things caused the SHARP and dramatic decrease in population on cata. servers. is no one surprised that post molt-down had cata servers reaching 9k players (spread along 4 different realms) only to have 2.6k players today?
    Actually the population on Cata servers pretty much decreased when Warmane launched the first MoP realm (Stromstout). It has really nothing to do with the wipes(s). Keep in mind that many people didn't have the chance to play MoP on live, so they moved to Stromstout in order to try out the expansion. Also many people got bored of playing the same content for 3 years. But when it comes to quality. Cata has more working content, thus, more enjoyable than MoP.
    you want a better experience, I would go to MOP
    I think it's a bad idea to suggest something like this especially for a beginner. MoP still needs a lot of work in order to be enjoyable or even playable.
    mop isn't as pay2win as cata is
    While this could be true, MoP has totally unbalanced PvP and there's only 2-3 classes that always dominate the arena ladders. Let alone the current game breaking bugs that affect both PvE and PvP (e.g. Deep Wounds for warriors).
    the cata realm has become a pay2win realm riddled with a bad community
    @OP I suggest you try both expansions in order to find out which one suits you better. But you really need to start on Cata first.

11. The reason a very large portion of cata players went to mists was that moltdown they changed half the cata servers over to MoP so many people just rolled with it and started there. (Sargeras). Many felt it was an indication from staff that MoP was ready for prime-time. But its far from there, bad advice sending him to MoP. Cata is a different experience and should be touched at least once instead of skipping it. Think of MoP as Cata with less old content working and a few new areas. Basically Cata-broken.
    Yeah.. you completely don't understand. What I'm saying is that the devs are focusing mainly on fixing and updating MOP servers over Cataclysm due to amount of workload. Prior to the first time Warmane were hiring its new devs they wanted those devs to mainly focus on MOP content. Just because, "oh hey sarg went to mop time to go to mop" doesn't mean anything. what do you have to say about the sargeras transfers, then? "oh hey im staying sarg because i was rolling with it"

If you think about it in the long term goal, MOP will exceed Cata. in terms of content and availability because of the amount of attention is being put onto that realm compared to Cataclysm.

Actually the population on Cata servers pretty much decreased when Warmane launched the first MoP realm (Stromstout). It has really nothing to do with the wipes(s). Keep in mind that many people didn't have the chance to play MoP on live, so they moved to Stromstout in order to try out the expansion. Also many people got bored of playing the same content for 3 years. But when it comes to quality. Cata has more working content, thus, more enjoyable than MoP.

Yes, you do REALIZE that people left those Cata. servers because of the amount of bugs and non-working contents were there?

Actually the population on Cata servers pretty much decreased when Warmane launched the first MoP realm (Stromstout). It has really nothing to do with the wipes(s).
    Just stop right there. The wipe made everything new for players that played in Cataclysm. A majority of them had this in their mind: "Should I stay in Cataclysm where there's no attention to that realm?" or "Should I go to the new MOP servers where Kaer said he will begin to focus content on?"

The 'beta' stage of that MOP server and the SLIGHT decrease in player count is miniscule to the amount of decrease in population post-moltdown.

I think it's a bad idea to suggest something like this especially for a beginner. MoP still needs a lot of work in order to be enjoyable or even playable.
    A beginner? He's a WOTLK player, he should know how bugs and things work. MoP leveling wise is enjoyable until Cata -> Pandaria content. But let me reiterate: There's more devs working on MOP than Cataclysm. (look at the main news, WOTLK + MOP were recently updated) Long run-wise, MOP will exceed Cataclysm in content.

While this could be true, MoP has totally unbalanced PvP and there's only 2-3 classes that always dominate the arena ladders. Let alone the current game breaking bugs that affect both PvE and PvP (e.g. Deep Wounds for warriors).
    In retail, Warriors were just that overpowered in arena. Players in here tend to blame their losses by bugs in here. (happens in cata)
    But, yes, I know MOP is totally unbalanced in PVP, but so was retail what are you getting at? If you played retail back in MOP you had locks / mw / arms offering carries in arenas, 2v1.

just stop and think about what you're saying, please.

I wasn't talking about the Warmane community as a whole. I was referring to the Neltharion server-based forums.

12. I would go for cata for more enjoyable content as of now.. You can easily get some good times on cata for the next year or so, and then swap to MOP to continue the enjoyable experience, when more content is fixed.

Everything has bugs and unbalanced content, unscripted even.. Even retail had bugs and unbalance.. It will be only what you make of it.. If you focus on all the negative stuff, like clearly some people do, you will drown in the negative and not look at what you actually could be enjoying in the expansion.

In the end its all about how you view it :)