1. is the development report 100% accurate?

..."major Mists of Pandaria feature releases such as Pet Battles"...

from the change log:
    BATTLE PETS
    1. Added introduction quest line to Audrey Burnhep for Alliance
    2. Added gossip text for all tamers in Eastern Kingdoms
    3. Added spawns and tamer information for Eastern Kingdoms
    4. Corrected ability Chew not damaging opponent
    5. Corrected battle pet families not being searchable in the auctionhouse
    6. Reworked upgrade stones
    7. Stones are no longer removed on failure and clientside errors are now displayed

well, pet battles are disabled so this feature release its not really released. you can't find any pets to battle with nor challenge the tamers

and,

1. yeah, you can get the quest that sends you to julia stevens, but you can't battle julia stevens to finish the quest you got from audrey burnhep
    2. pet tamers do not have any gossip text, they seem disabled
    3. can not confirm because pet battles are disabled
    4. can not confirm because pet battles are disabled
    5. gg, now we can buy pets that we can not battle
    6. can not confirm because you can not challenge pet tamers to get the quests reward. this reward has the chance to drop this stones
    7. can not confirm because you can not challenge pet tamers to get the quests reward. this reward has the chance to drop this stones

don't get me wrong, I appreciate the all the work the staff has done in this past 3 months. i really really do.

just don't put stuff that is not 100% true, its kind of misleading for ppl that just look at the news.

2. Just because it's disabled on live and you can't see it doesn't mean it's not working.

3. Just because it's disabled on live and you can't see it doesn't mean it's not working.
    Indeed. Let's not disregard the work developers are putting to fix it. It will be enabled once it is ready.