1. Cata getting no love (release LFR pls)

So as many of us have seen, wotlk and mop have been getting constant updates and fixes.
    Question is though, when will cata get that love? we've been waiting for lfr for over a year now.
    Is the development team even considering it? I don't imagine migrating the same LFR matchmaking system from MoP would be extremely hard, but it is taking one step further in being more blizzlike.

if warmane staff think it would imbalance the population somehow, here's what i think they might attack us with, and my personal counterattack to each issue.

1) Gearing Alts:
    Personally, i think it would be great for gearing up alts and stuff. Of course people who don't deserve loot and don't know tactics will be in full 384 epix lewt, but then again any smart person can tell if someone knows strats and tactics or not.

2) PVP:
    Another possible downside is PVP. I think it would not imbalance PVP because of the trinkets and weapons, because everYONE IN THE PVP GAME HAS THEM! if anything, it would balance battlegrounds and arenas. not many people will be in full greens or vicious gear in bgs, and some might actually have a chance at facing bone-link rogues.

if LFR is gonna do anything, its make people get back into cata and enjoy how awesome of an expansion it is. It is a shame we don't have access to it.

what do you guys think? i would like to hear many opinions including developers' and mods'

2. I think that there are many more pressing issues other than the LFR system in Cata right now. Both normal and heroic dragon soul are fully-scripted, which gives players - yes, even pvp players, if they have the drive to raid for their trinkets and weapons - access to said pvp gear.

In regards to gearing alts, more than plenty instances are currently available to do that. With Firelands (heroic and normal) and RHoT, people are able to gear themselves more than enough to be able to down a respectable amount of Dragon Soul normal bosses. I believe that the release of LFR on Nelth would only drive people away from these instances, making dev time spent on them close to worthless, whilst adding a whole new set of problems with the new instance/matchmaking setup that would take away even more dev time to fix and polish.

Furthermore, on a more personal note, I think we've all had to deal with godawful rdf pugs. I mean, if I'm not in a guild group, or with other friends or players that I know to be competent, it's almost certain that I'll be stuck with someone who doesnt even know how to play the game. Think of this with a 10-person group, rather than five. I mean, random DS pugs are bad enough as it is - even when the leader asks for achievements and DPS tests - without the completely-random matchmaking that LFR offers. Think of how it would be with ten completely-random individuals with a minimum item level of 372. I could easily insta-level a character that I have no idea how to play, buy a set of vicious gear and a couple of boe weapons and trinkets, and queue for this with absolutely no experience whatsoever, and there is little one could do beyond kicking me, and that would require a replacement.

Let's say you avoid this issue and get a guild group. At that point, the whole LFR thing is pointless. You might as well be doing a normal dragon soul run with your guild, or a couple of RHOT runs to gear yourself up enough to do 'em.

3. i understand where you are coming from, but keep in mind that not all of us can raid with guilds. I can, but i would like to raid on alts that are 383-389 to get the t13 4set at least. All im saying is that the access to raiding using a single "queue" button would be really convenient for those of us who cant make it to guild raids or dont have guilds to begni with.

4. If you cant raid with your guild, the solution is to get a new guild, or hope you can find a pug leader willing to take your alts that need Dragon Soul. The cons of the situation greatly outnumber whatever benefit it would have to players that would actually use LFR.

I mean, it'd be nice to have it some day, far in the future, but I -and I think most people on the server - would generally prefer the development effort to go into other, more pressing matters.

All that trouble for a small qol fix for non-serious raiders just really isn't worth it, taking everything into consideration.

5. and some might actually have a chance at facing bone-link rogues.
    Im not a big fan of lfr, but the lfr version of the rare trinkets are class restricted so lfr wouldnt increase the number of bonelink rogues, thankfully.

6. if you are capable of basic reading skills, you would see that i mean other classes having weapons and trinkets from DS LFR would grant players a better chance at pvp. Still i dont think this server will ever be balanced again mainly because not many people play it in the first place, thus making it pointless to open a new cata realm with x1 and no marketplace. Sigh.

7. if you are capable of basic reading skills,
    Woah. First of all, that was a bit much. Honestly, be civil.

Besides, maybe he wasnt addressing your point directly, just making an obervation?

you would see that i mean other classes having weapons and trinkets from DS LFR would grant players a better chance at pvp.
    Now seriously, do you really thing that the only way to fix pvp is to make these "OP" weapons and trinkets more readily available to the general population? This is as logical as pouring buckets of water into a sinking ship. Currently, the only way people can get these weapons and trinkets is through A) Donation, which funds the server, and B) Actual raiding, which requires a bit of honest effort, especially for those interested in the heroic version of said items.

The release of LFR would serve to influence some individuals not to donate who otherwise would have, and give "OP" weapons to people who have no interest in donating who really don't deserve it - I can just see full-vicious pvp players Necrotic-striking Zonozz and ending up at 10k dps, just to get their bone-links, and Gurthalaks they'll use to carry them in pvp.

8. Woah. First of all, that was a bit much. Honestly, be civil.

Besides, maybe he wasnt addressing your point directly, just making an obervation?

Now seriously, do you really thing that the only way to fix pvp is to make these "OP" weapons and trinkets more readily available to the general population? This is as logical as pouring buckets of water into a sinking ship. Currently, the only way people can get these weapons and trinkets is through A) Donation, which funds the server, and B) Actual raiding, which requires a bit of honest effort, especially for those interested in the heroic version of said items.

The release of LFR would serve to influence some individuals not to donate who otherwise would have, and give "OP" weapons to people who have no interest in donating who really don't deserve it - I can just see full-vicious pvp players Necrotic-striking Zonozz and ending up at 10k dps, just to get their bone-links, and Gurthalaks they'll use to carry them in pvp.
    yeah about that, no one's gonna donate after everyone was given coins for free.. the server economy and player gearing has changed drastically since the ddos and the whole roflmane situation. it cant be fixed, but if they wanna give people who paid them loads of coins, why not make lfr weapons available for everyone?

9. yeah about that, no one's gonna donate after everyone was given coins for free.. the server economy and player gearing has changed drastically since the ddos and the whole roflmane situation. it cant be fixed, but if they wanna give people who paid them loads of coins, why not make lfr weapons available for everyone?
    Let's assume that this is correct (it's impossible to know for certain unless Warmane releases some sort of financial report, and it seems quite clear to me that the donating scene is alive and well in the circles that I'm in).

Yes, if something is bad, we should just give up and make it as worse as we possibly can so long as it benefits a certain group of players that you happen to belong to, no matter what godawful repercussions hit the rest of the server. Who cares if the server goes down due to a lack of donations, right? I've got (or rather, had) my LFR Gurthalak! I pwnd those noobs in arenas after constantly wiping that LFR group, LOL.

Seriously. At least address the rest of the points that I made in that paragraph alone.

I think it's plain to see that LFR currently should not occupy any of the Warmane devs' time or attention, and until you can make a decent case otherwise, that disproves all of the points that I have already made (or at the very least, a majority - if that makes any sense) I consider this issue closed, for me, at least.