1. Blackrock | Open discussion stream on how to improve the server. 27th June

Greetings Blackrock community,

Tomorrow (27th june) at 18:00 Server Time, we'll have an open discussion on how to improve Blackrock.
    We will considering re-implementing some older changes and would like you to provide your input, your ideas and suggestions.

http://www.twitch.tv/warmane - Tune in and make your voice heard

2. Nice gesture. This format will be very chaotic though. Many people will write, many different opinions, only some of which will be actual ideas. But it's a good format if you want to find out what people think. Could be a good starting point. Perhaps write down all the ideas, 'good' or 'bad'. Then try to see how they COULD work and check in polls how people respond to such ideas?

My first suggestion:

1. A more frequent direct link between AT players/community spokespeople on forum and staff through such a media like you propose for tomorrow. Apparently some staffmember was a bit agitated that most what I wrote in a topic was 'myth' even though I clearly stated it was only the 'feeling' of people that I hear from a lot. So apparently there is gap between what people feel about situation and what staff thinks is situation. Better connection seems to be clear answer.

2. Make clear goals/perhaps in discussion with population about what direction you want to go in. What bracket/area needs the most work. Perhaps a poll about what bracket people see as the most important reason they do wow arenas. And see how happy they are with it. That clearly limits your view for taking action already, making finding solutions easier too.
    Edited: June 26, 2015

3. If "re-implementing older changes" has anything to do with bringing back any of the old queue zones, I'm all for that. As far as I'm aware of, there is currently no way to access northrend without vip. Previously it was achievable through the Ulduar queue zone.

Obviously I'm just talking about my selfish desires here, and only half-serious too. I'm sure you mean something along the lines of 3.3.5b with those older changes, or perhaps previous gear set restrictions. On a more serious note I'd like to see skirmish no longer match double healers together, as that can be really annoying at times.

Regardless, good luck to you in bettering AT.

4. 1. Many people would agree that Dementia should be removed because it's just carrying AWarrior/HPaladin teams even more and Priest/DPS teams can never win it!
    2. Why did you remove badges system when you still get badges I mean that's just an improvement why would you remove it?
    3. Why did you remove the legendary weapons at 2200 rating 2s/3s?
    4. Why did you remove the other malls from the Teleporter NPC?
    5. Putting 3.3.5b patch back will improve the population and make it more balanced because I remember when 3.3.5b was on there were no AWarrior/HPaladin teams at R1-R5 positions. Many specs were playable such as Fury Warrior and Holy Priest etc.
    6. Putting back Tier2 Wrathful weapons is better in my opinion because that way you will nerf the "God" AWarrior/HPaladin teams because they won't be using Shadow's Edge.
    7. Change the meta (previous gear set restrictions maybe trinkets) it was pretty awesome, since AWarrior/HPaladin team weren't R1-R5 aswell.
    Edited: June 27, 2015

5. 1. Remove dampening in 2s and set a time limit of 20minutes then the team that dropped lowest %hp looses.
    Why? Currently most comps just autoloose to war/pal after 15-20mins, this forces other comps to play offensive and risky but rewards warpal for playing very defensive.
    An example of this would be disc/sub vs war/pal, with dampening the warrior doesn't have to berserker-rage gouge because he will just win after 15minutes anyways. Without dampening, the warrior is on a time limit aswell and has to play more risky(berserker gouge), which can then lead to fear warrior>go pala.

2. Make any gear/meta change, make it seem fresh.

3. Swap 2v2 and Soloque transmogs, soloque makes people pissed and creates segregation, same reason the MOBA communities are so toxic.

4. Fix the minor stuff such as badges, reindeer mount, donations/VIP system.

6. 3.3.5b should be back.. it was actually a very healthy and good patch for the arena metagame. there are alot more stuff but i think this is main issue right now and should be brought back.. yes AT is part of Warmane now but our server is unique and we should keep it this way, not become just another boring molten realm. if we wanted to play just another blizz-like realm we wouldnt be here at all, but play ragnaros or deathwing or something. AT is unique and not blizzlike for so long already with hundreds of quality of life changes,transmogs,unique arena system and spectate etc. etc. why not bring back the best u got? If 3.3.5b isnt brought back i think any hope of good Blackrock server will be lost... like 95% of ur playerbase loved 3.3.5b, yet you still removed it, becouse of moltenboyz.. thats not something we want and like in any way (the server status and health + ur decision making influenced by moltenpveboyz aint a good sign)
    i have been playing here for give or take 5-6 years and i have witnessed alot of bad and good moments for AT.. AT went trough worse (back when 24/7 ddos was happening) and still survived so i still have hope for the server.. as long as you listen to your playerbase (like you used to do in the past) and communicate with us you will have better server ! Just listen to us and give us what we want and we will give u populated and healthy/fun PVP server ! Lets bring AT back to rank 1 3200 rating times!

7. Put rating and gear requirement for solo Q.

You are not able to queue if you don't have min. of 1630 rating and 1630 gear. At least.

8. Bring back old mmr system and do something about mele's in soloQ its so annyoing to wait 6 minutes and match u with 1300 people.Remove dementia from 2s cuz Warpal>all . Do something fresh put more transmogs from 2s there is only 1 nice set and that's it.Bring legendaries back because people dont have for what to play 2s bracket (only for 1 transmog tabard and mount..)

9. GEARING UP

Gearing process is outdated. Back in 2011 you could do 2k+ in relentless gear quite easily because maximum rating was 3k and thus gear up quickly even on alts.

It takes lower experienced players far too much time to build gear to compete with older players and not to speak about even about rolling any alts.

Playing arena should actually promote gearing up. Add few arena points for winning each arena (10-50).
    That would give incentive to farm arena for gear instead of stopping after 10 games. Although this feature shouldnt be added in soloq (or add rating limit where you start gaining arena points for each win).

DAMPENING

As mentioned above, Dampening in 2v2 is negative effect on ladder due usual Paladin/Warrior domination. Dampening allows PW to play defensively to drag on game until dampening kicks in instead of making matches "shorter".

Matches don't often get very long but when you face team even once exploiting this you are PISSED.

Do you remember why Dementia was removed from 2s? Priest rogues turtled until they could one-shot enemy with Shadow Dance. Concept is same but Dampening stayed, I wonder why.

At least implement rating cap on Dampening to not be in effect over 1800 rating. From what I heard from staff it was only implemented because low rated teams couldn't kill each other.

Zedar

10. Put rating and gear requirement for solo Q.

You are not able to queue if you don't have min. of 1630 rating and 1630 gear. At least.
    I actually disagree,"lower" skillcap players are mostly presented in that zone of rate 1.5-1.6.Sadly its theirs only way to grind some gear and if you take it from them you will get much longer ques.My suggestion is that you actually change meta every season,for example this season let it be without dampening and with t2 wrath weps,next with furious gear and furious weps etc(whatever it is but let there be changes every season)...Also bring back vip donation option since its already word about instant/custom realm and everybody wants that cool vip account.It could increase population and its personally much better option then donating for each item.There are few reasons why blackrock realm is empty most of day and it isnt staff fault in the end.

1.Too many scripters/hackers
    2.Extremly toxic community
    3.Peoples got tired of playing same expansion

In order to get better realm players and staff should be working together towards quality.So yeah catching someone hacking/scripting should result with perma ban without possibility of amnesty,you cant change "toxicity" much but players should be awared that theirs behaviour is also one of reasons for realm being less populated.On 3rd one you cant really make impact that much,however having more active seasons could atleast keep/get back some of them.Its gonna be long road but im sure its possible to get atleast over 1k+ players per day.Good luck!

11. A) Allow 2x caster and 2xmelee in solo queue. Not balanced but fun and faster queues.

B) Allow FULL gear 277, 284. No Shadowmourne. It's fun.

C) Create 3.3.5c all of the changes from 3.3.5b plus even more buffs to make specs more viable (ie Demo lock, Combat rogue, Fury Warrior etc).

D) 10-25 arena points per win as someone stated. So people care farm the gear even faster.

E) More transmogs available from soloQ or 2v2.

12. Hi Malaco i have problem with Merge frome at to BlackRock I have Vip Accont and normal accont with some charater.
    Regaros octantis the gm sed that u can Help me to Merge pls help .

13. A) Allow 2x caster and 2xmelee in solo queue. Not balanced but fun and faster queues.

B) Allow FULL gear 277, 284. No Shadowmourne. It's fun.

C) Create 3.3.5c all of the changes from 3.3.5b plus even more buffs to make specs more viable (ie Demo lock, Combat rogue, Fury Warrior etc).

D) 10-25 arena points per win as someone stated. So people care farm the gear even faster.

E) More transmogs available from soloQ or 2v2.
    Actually I like almost everything is this post. Except C), 3.3.5b only would be enough. And you could add SM for a testing period or something, just to see how everything goes. And if it goes bad, remove it.

14. Couldn't watch stream yesterday, was there anything notable concluded?

15. Relentless players:
    For new relentless players have a reward once their first character that gets fully geared will give them a sort of token/point to fully/partially gear their next character? (Takes away the "ooh I've got to do it all again" factor and keeps people interested)

Transmog:
    1. Add missing or new pieces to add some variation to what people see.
    2. Allow people to transmog weapons into other weapons they can equip, like live. (Using the same technique as plate > cloth mogs etc.)

Tabards/mounts/Legendaries/3's:
    1. Change some of the tabards, mounts and legendaries so you HAVE to do 3's to get them.
    2. Bring back badges and offer greater rewards for badges only obtainable through 3's.

PvE/PVP:
    With your idea of having a pve/pvp game, maybe you could code some bosses, but only on heroic mode. Then have a leaderboard here too.

Queue places:
    Bring back or make new queue places. Preferably in new zones. I haven't seen much of wotlk and it's a wotlk server. :)

Addons: Make a copy of this thread for Warmane:

http://temp.arena-tournament.com/for...7bf8edf6844d30

(Sorry if I'm not supposed to link other sites here, I just thought it would be helpful)

12 Last