1. if the progress bar seems stuck, try a refresh page.

2. For people who are stuck at some random percentage. Please note that the loading bar animation for the back up is not live (or is partially live) meaning that it doesn't get updated without a page refresh. Please press F5 to refresh the page and you will see the updated % value!!!!

3. Nice work, making players responsible for account data if a disaster should struck but ok, can you make it so that we can make it auto save every week?
    They still have their own backups and D-DOS protection like before, they just didn't have protection vs inside jobs. This is just so that if Hermes v2.0 happens you can provide the WEBS to Warmane and they'll restore everything like nothing happened. What better way to protect players from inside jobs than to give them the option of keeping their own WEBS?

My advice is to keep it on an USB flash drive. HDDs get damaged and deteriorate, causing massive loss of data, Cloud hosts are subject to attacks and seizures.

4. Awesome job Molten ! There is never enough of security :)
    Keep on good job and focus MOOP ! :P

5. Is this only character information backup (gears, achievements, macros etc...) or account information (e-mail, password account name etc..)?

6. I downloaded it and I cant opet it. What program should I use to open this file?

7. Intriguing system, but the largest flaw is the community. They will rely on it protecting them too far to the point, where they believe they can carelessly allow their data to be available for others to see and decrypt. Although it could reduce account compromise, it will definitely increase the amount of people attempting to decrypt account data, putting more accounts at risk.

"The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin.

As it is, this is a two way street; increased security, but greater risk, or less security and smaller risk. There is no definitive solution to apply to both types.

8. I downloaded it and I cant opet it. What program should I use to open this file?
    That's the point. It's encrypted so you can't see it. It just offshores the data to your local PC instead of on Warmane's server alone. Meaning, you can have some control of protecting your data, without being able to (hopefully) exploit it.

Just tuck it away somewhere safe periodically and hope you never need it.

9. Useful feature, yet it can not give back my characters because of Hermes. Helfpul system but it is too late for now.
    Love the idea. Great job Warmane. However, its not completely clear what they would have done in that case. If the entire playerbase is gone, except 20 people who are backed up. Would it have been fair to let them simply re-upload their chars, for the rest of the players who would have to get a few perks and start over? But still a move in the right direction.

10. This is an excellent idea. Now lets hope we don't actually need them. ^5 Warmane staff.

11. If the entire playerbase is gone, except 20 people who are backed up. Would it have been fair to let them simply re-upload their chars, for the rest of the players who would have to get a few perks and start over?
    Yes, it is. Everyone has the chance to make a backup of their character now. If you dont take that chance and **** hits the fan, then it is your own fault for not having a backup.
    Rest assured, these are for worst case scenario's only. Warmane still has their own backup systems. But this also gives protection against a malicious admin that drops the entire character or account database. Which normal backups (in case of an attack) most likely dont.

12. Hello,

The WEBS is a really good ideea if it's flawless but:
    I consider this a flaw, cause at a time the file will be decrypted, imagine why major game designers don't offer this kind of backup?
    I really hope that i'm wrong but time will say it all!

13. Helloo how all :D , ok i got it , backup my data about details characters bla bla bla . . . but when i push the button "backup" were this data go! to my pc? or to my account!? and why not molten do that* why should member of warmany the fan wow do this joB oO! ! !?
    i suspect about that :>

First 12345 ... Last