1. Warmane Encrypted Backup System

Hello Warmane,

We are proud to announce that we are the first and only private server to launch an enhanced security feature for our community. In addition to dynamic multilayer server-side backup systems across 4 high-end dedicated backup servers, we would like to announce the launch of Warmane Encrypted Backup System (WEBS). WEBS is new security feature found on our website which will allow every community member create and download an encrypted backup of their data (account, characters, history etc) which can then be stored locally.

WEBS is designed to further enhance the already high security of Warmane community against disasters by allowing account holders safely store their account information. In a highly unlikely scenario of complete database loss, our community members would be able to restore their full account information through our website using their local backup file. WEBS file can only be used by Warmane to restore community a member's account in case of a force majeure.

WEBS was designed to be very simple, yet effective and can be found in the SECURITY section of the account panel on our website. Considering the system resource usage due to high level of encryption, backup creation and verification there is a 7 day cooldown between each backup. Please keep in mind that your WEBS file will contain your complete account information, must NEVER be given to another person and is ultimately on the responsibility of the account holder.

WEBS (Warmane Encrypted Backup System)
    - Creates an encrypted backup of complete account and character information
    - Only usable in case of disaster recovery
    - Cannot be viewed, edited or tampered with

Creation, design and implementation of WEBS is new step in our advances to enhance community resilience and has had no negative impact on current development of in-game or website features. WEBS is free for all community members to use and we are confident this new security feature will be appreciated the community members.

We will hold emergency exercise restorations from volunteer backup submission in upcoming days. Community members capable of detecting potential WEBS vulnerabilities or flaws are invited to send an email indicating WEBS in the subject field to [email protected]. Any successful exploit detections or decryption will be well rewarded on behalf of Warmane community. Please be sure to maintain a polite, respectful and civilized discussion toward all community members.

UPDATE: Backup process can take up to 30 minutes to complete. Backups are automatic and are processed in the order they are submitted. If your backup progress remains at 0% after refreshing the page it is due to backup threshold being reached and your backup process being queued. Please wait until the process is complete.

2. Challenge accepted, gonna try and decrypt it.

3. Challenge accepted, gonna try and decrypt it.
    Gl with that :P

4. ye stuck at 0% but it will be fixed :) . Oh and.. Great Job Warmane. <3

5. it stuck at 0% :S
    ye stuck at 0% but it will be fixed :) . Oh and.. Great Job Warmane. <3
    It's queued, not stuck. Backup processing threshold has been reached due to a very high volume. Please wait until it's previous requests are processed. This is an expected launch day high load and considering the 7 day cooldown we shouldn't have any backup queues in the long run.

6. ye stuck at 0% but it will be fixed :) . Oh and.. Great Job Warmane. <3
    Oh i went to my account tab/donate/store .. then went back to Security tab.. i'm seeing that its 35% complete . Again repeated same thing . Bar % is increasing.

7. It's queued, not stuck. Backup processing threshold has been reached due to a very high volume. Please wait until it's previous requests are processed. This is an expected launch day high load and considering the 7 day cooldown we shouldn't have any backup queues in the long run.
    cool... <3 <3 <3

8. Oh i went to my account tab/donate/store .. then went back to Security tab.. i'm seeing that its 35% complete . Again repeated same thing . Bar % is increasing.
    Topic updated with information to include information about backup threshold.

9. Useful feature, yet it can not give back my characters because of Hermes. Helfpul system but it is too late for now.

10. Useful feature, yet it can not give back my characters because of Hermes. Helfpul system but it is too late for now.
    Yeah. :(

But hey, this is a really nice proactive move from Warmane!
    Should a catastrophic event happened again, we won't start from scratch. :)

11. You are right. It is much safer now. But still Kaer can't give back my 3-4 hard work. So the only choice is to start from scratch. Naaaah... anyway good luck for that mate.

12. What happen's if the backup's backup isn't Backed up -Kappa

13. So if you cant give it to anyone... what if you do? Free full donor acc? In before air strike on the servers location.

123 ... Last