1. First of all, I definitely see custom PvP objectives not necessary. On a fresh 1x rate there will be a lot of PvP interaction during lvling in contested zones, especially some with PvP objectives, as long as they work, zones like plaguelands and most of outland zones will be full of PvP action, everybody will want to claim bonuses there so I do not see issue with PvP for first few months. After that and for lvl 80 action, there is no bigger PvP objective than Wintergrasp, as long as that will work there will be plenty of PvP action even months or year after realm release. To make this more intensive, slow release of season content (here I suggest classic 3 month season as a long term solution) will have positive impact on PvP too.
    In overall, as long as retail PvP content will work, there's no need for custom content for long time.

Agreed. No custom PVP necessary.

Next closely tied to the paragraph above, RDF and RBG, these are very useful but should be released as end game content, there is no need for them before lvl 80 and possible ICC release. Not only it will make early lvling regular experience, also it will allow players for more interaction with other, forming guilds and so on. In fact despite it is being a part of retail experience one and of really good things, it release should be tied with realm final stage, their release should be at least 3 or 6 months after launch and after that they should be available to all lvls. Realm first achievements would be the THING.

Disagree. I don't quite see where not implementing rdf's before 80 should jeopardise "regular leveling experience" as it is part of not only levelling, but also knowing how to play in team, find out how healing/tank/dps skills work.

Also I read a lot about gold economy and some custom restrictions, as long as only gold sources will be in game (no gold for coins), with 1x rate it will take long time to really make economy grow, farming up first gold for mounts is really a pain, not to mention flying mounts or cold weather flying, it is nothing easy to achieve early on and especially because it is supposed to be completely new realm where ppl start from nothing, gold dump will be needed only months after realm release, here some custom content would help. Actually I would recommend allowing to exchange gold for donor currency (coins) on this real for quite high rates, maybe about 2000 or 5000 gold per coin, if anyone ever had too much gold it would be well spend for him (and if that would mean you could get donor items for 40 - 100 thousands gold, It would be quite legit for 1x rate realm).

Agree with the fact that farming gold at 1x will take a very long time (I'd say >1 year) before one considers his gold to be abundant. But the possibility to buy coins with ingame gold and use that for donor items ... not sure about this. I'd leave donor items as far as possible. Besides, when you would place rates that high, eg 5000 gold for 1 coin, very very very few people would consider buying these coins with ingame gold (would you?). This leaves the issue unresolved. On another note, I have played 3 years on another server, one where it even was possible buying ingame gold with real money. There have never been any inflation issues whatsoever. So I'm not very convinced extra golddrain channels are needed. But I could be wrong ofcourse.

Regarding other options, realm transfer must never be available unless you make exactly same realm duo to population issues. Faction change should be available for coins and so race change, name change, I think, will be up to community to decide in time, for myself, I don't need it.

I'd say no possiblity for a name/race change.

Edit: I couldn't quite figure out how to quote only parts of Darfinko's post.

2. Why can't you just make the x 1 realm Blizzlike e.g. no gear in the coin shop , working content 100% progression etc ?

Honestly I think that the " Molten " player base deserves this , since the old x 1 realm turned out to be a giant mess ( and this is an understatement clearly ) .

You promiced a lot of stuff back then and after that you just switched lanes and made it hard to enjoy playing on the x 1 realm .

This time I won't be participating in this x 1 realm thing , just because guess what - I don't trust you anymore period.

3. I have one question right now i live in Germany will be a problem if i download Wow from the official site of arenaTt ?

4. Why can't you just make the x 1 realm Blizzlike e.g. no gear in the coin shop , working content 100% progression etc ?

Honestly I think that the " Molten " player base deserves this , since the old x 1 realm turned out to be a giant mess ( and this is an understatement clearly ) .

You promiced a lot of stuff back then and after that you just switched lanes and made it hard to enjoy playing on the x 1 realm .

This time I won't be participating in this x 1 realm thing , just because guess what - I don't trust you anymore period.

Its sad to see but you not the only one feeling this way after all the let downs but I myself am willing to give them 1 last chance and hope it is as good as all the hype and paid promo vids.

5. Can someone PLEASE tell me a GOOD reason why the RDF is going to be disable? thank you

6. Can someone PLEASE tell me a GOOD reason why the RDF is going to be disable? thank you
    Because Kaer wants it so.

7. Can someone PLEASE tell me a GOOD reason why the RDF is going to be disable? thank you
    It's disabled (temporarily)for the purpose of experiencing Azeroth full of life, socializing with other players, some world-pvp and what not.

8. It's disabled (temporarily)for the purpose of experiencing Azeroth full of life, socializing with other players, some world-pvp and what not.
    Lots of people have tried that. People who want RDF just ignore it, don't consider those good reasons or try to argument to prove that RDF wouldn't stop any of that.

9. Lots of people have tried that. People who want RDF just ignore it, don't consider those good reasons or try to argument to prove that RDF wouldn't stop any of that.
    Sorry, that logic doesn't work niether.

Same story as with the lvling rates. Many people are opposed to 1x lvling rate and their argument is just like yours here; if people don't want high rates they can "just ignore it" and let others who prefer high rates have that. Now there's a problem here - people are not playing by the same standards anymore. That's the one, true issue with wow today (in my most honest biased opinion) - you can choose your own difficulty in the game. I'll write that again: one of the MAJOR issues in WoW today which actually started in wotlk but it was still under control - escaleted quickly in cata and onward - is different difficulties. Different difficulties. There's no prestige left in the game, at least not in the same way it used to be. Y'all kill the same bosses, nobody cares if you've done it on heroic, lfr, normal, mythic, moderate, flex, flux, whatever - either you've killed the big bad or you haven't. That's it.

Everyone should play using the same standard, people obliquely sympathize with one another when something has been achieved that way. You know that if you're gonna obtain that sword or mount, you too need to go through whatever that person did without any shortcuts. That's what made WoW a great game.

10. Sorry, that logic doesn't work niether.

Same story as with the lvling rates. Many people are opposed to 1x lvling rate and their argument is just like yours here; if people don't want high rates they can "just ignore it" and let others who prefer high rates have that. Now there's a problem here - people are not playing by the same standards anymore. That's the one, true issue with wow today (in my most honest biased opinion) - you can choose your own difficulty in the game. I'll write that again: one of the MAJOR issues in WoW today which actually started in wotlk but it was still under control - escaleted quickly in cata and onward - is different difficulties. Different difficulties. There's no prestige left in the game, at least not in the same way it used to be. Y'all kill the same bosses, nobody cares if you've done it on heroic, lfr, normal, mythic, moderate, flex, flux, whatever - either you've killed the big bad or you haven't. That's it.

Everyone should play using the same standard, people obliquely sympathize with one another when something has been achieved that way. You know that if you're gonna obtain that sword or mount, you too need to go through whatever that person did without any shortcuts. That's what made WoW a great game.
    I'm a bit confused about your point and why you quoted me.
    All I was doing is telling the other user that plenty of players had tried to defend the case of having no RDF, but the people who want RDF aren't open about it. Throughout the pages of this topic you will reach the conclusion that no reason will be a good reason - people who want RDF just want it and that's it. They aren't wrong, it's just them defending their play style. It just won't happen on Lordaeron because it's one of the basic features that were decided for the server.

11. Not sure if this had been asked, but can we expect to see world events like Highlord Kruul etc. recreated? This would be amazing :D

12. Looks absolutely horrible. warmane has tried to be a blizzlike server since the days of molten and now they are making a completely unblizzlike server by intentionally removing content. It makes absolutely no sense why they would even consider this. I feel betrayed.

13. Looks absolutely horrible. warmane has tried to be a blizzlike server since the days of molten and now they are making a completely unblizzlike server by intentionally removing content. It makes absolutely no sense why they would even consider this. I feel betrayed.
    What are they removing?

14. RDF was not present until ICC, not removing would be the real "betrayal"...it is not a question that is has to be removed until ICC is not open. So stop crying about it.

15. I'm a bit confused about your point and why you quoted me.
    All I was doing is telling the other user that plenty of players had tried to defend the case of having no RDF, but the people who want RDF aren't open about it. Throughout the pages of this topic you will reach the conclusion that no reason will be a good reason - people who want RDF just want it and that's it. They aren't wrong, it's just them defending their play style. It just won't happen on Lordaeron because it's one of the basic features that were decided for the server.
    I'm a RDF fan and I've played in other servers where it has been disabled. I'm not defending my playstyle without considering your point of view. There's this misconception about the fact someone should stay afk in Dalaran, or wherever is the zone he is leveling, just because he is in a rdf queue. Which is almost false, since you can do so many things while you are waiting for the queue to pop up, even if you are level capped (farming mats for your profs, dueling, exploring). Since I'm not a big fan of the roleplaying part of this game I just feel the need to travel from a point to the dungeon entrance as a waste of time. And please don't tell me that traveling is something "hardcore" please. It simply encourage the world pvp, which is quite unbalanced at lower lvls. This is my opinion. I'm not crying, I will adapt myself to the staff decision but there are many reasons why the rdf should be enabled. It's not only a matter of gaming routine.

First ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... Last