1. As long as it's enabled once ICC is out, I'm all for this...

But please don't make us afk at the dungeon entrance at 80, rather than, as Panofsky said, collect mats and level proffs, farm, explore, etc.

2. was confirmed by kaer that RDF will be disabled, and will be maybe discussed again in 2016 :D so deal with it. btw i hope it will be enabled at ICC but i will deal with any decision.

3. Erm Dungeon finder shouldn't be disabled because it's a good way to obtain emblems for gear. Faction change and race change can have some sort of cooldown, like 3-6 months cooldown etc.
    I completely agree with this, DF is a core part of the game.

4. Hopefully those who were loyal to Lordearon will be able o retrieve their chars or transfer them back.

5. So many wrath babies in this thread. You should try to level 1-30 on a vanilla server, than you can complain about slow leveling. Wotlk is 10x easier. Stop being whiny babies!

6. Hopefully those who were loyal to Lordearon will be able o retrieve their chars or transfer them back.
    There are no characters to retrieve and transfers will be disabled.

7. Hopefully those who were loyal to Lordearon will be able o retrieve their chars or transfer them back.
    You speak but you don't think or read otherwise you wouldn't have said such a nonsence on several levels

8. Here's a suggestion:

Do a stress-test a week or so prior to the actual launch to make sure things don't break day 1....

And, since the community is a bunch of "what do I get if I do that", offer a reward or something based on the amount of people that log in for the test... something like 10 vote points per 1000 people... Or whatever the equivalent would be with the new point system

9. Warmane, you have done such a great job advertising this realm but I am not quite sure that Lordearon will be as successful as you want it to be. To be honest I have no idea how successful you want it to be but I don't expect it to reach more than 1.5k - 2k players in the best case. It's certain that in the beginning people will have that hype because of your advertising and there will be a lot of characters but soon after the launch the population will drop. I doubt that you will collect many new players to play on the new realm. Most of them will be old Warmane players from the other realms and they will already have characters on those realms. When the hype is gone, they will go back to their old characters. In addition, I love the idea of a 1x realm and I am sure that many other individuals love it too but you know what the case with the previous Lordearon was - most people prefer not to spend weeks/months on leveling a character, unfortunately. And after half an year playing on 5x realms, I bet that when they taste the 1x rate again the hype of half of the players will be gone really quickly.

Anyway, it can't be bad for players to have 1 more realm - it gives us more choice where to play so it is really nice and from the positive side it is always good to have a 1x rate "blizzlike" WotLK realm. I would give it a try if RDF was going to be enabled on launch of the realm or on launch of ICC but as far as I understand there are currently no plans on enabling RDF in the future - only plans for future "after new year 2016" discussions on the topic (I know this stuff with the new year promises and discussions) and considering the current terms and circumstances, I must say that I prefer to save my time and effort and keep playing on my old characters. No hating. No bad feelings. Just my opinion.
    Edited: August 27, 2015

10. please let us use the dungeon finder... i wanna grind all dungeons to max level !

11. So many wrath babies in this thread. You should try to level 1-30 on a vanilla server, than you can complain about slow leveling. Wotlk is 10x easier. Stop being whiny babies!
    Stop being such an elitist. This will still be a wotlk realm so your argument is invalid.

12. but he is right stop crying already, i wanna RDF at least in ICC but if its not gonna happen just deal with it, u talk and talk 100 pages for the same thing maybe stop? hell just fuking stop it and DEAL WITH IT!

13. I'm a RDF fan and I've played in other servers where it has been disabled. I'm not defending my playstyle without considering your point of view. There's this misconception about the fact someone should stay afk in Dalaran, or wherever is the zone he is leveling, just because he is in a rdf queue. Which is almost false, since you can do so many things while you are waiting for the queue to pop up, even if you are level capped (farming mats for your profs, dueling, exploring). Since I'm not a big fan of the roleplaying part of this game I just feel the need to travel from a point to the dungeon entrance as a waste of time. And please don't tell me that traveling is something "hardcore" please. It simply encourage the world pvp, which is quite unbalanced at lower lvls. This is my opinion. I'm not crying, I will adapt myself to the staff decision but there are many reasons why the rdf should be enabled. It's not only a matter of gaming routine.
    And that's exactly the thing: it won't be enabled. It might be considered in the future, but not before 2016, and even then I can't emphasize the "might" part of it enough. People have their personally-valid reasons both for having it enabled and disabled, but the decision about it was made even before the server was announced and is stated in the starting post for this thread. Kaer himself has locked two different threads that were trying to argue about the enabling/disabling of RDF, and still people talk like the decision isn't set or try to argue against it.

Which is why I simply stated there will be no RDF because Kaer wants it so. There's no arguing about that, no trying to find logic holes, nothing. He was the founder of Molten and he is the founder of Warmane. Lordaeron is going to happen because he pushed ahead with what he wanted for himself, despite the flak and negativity he got when he proposed the idea to the community. And it's going to happen his way.

14. It will be hardcore to gear up to ICC level without RDF - to have 9 eofs weekly instead of 23 possible...:-D

Will there be some raise of other sources of EOFs? weeklys, VOA to compensate that user experience crippling decision? Just asking, i dont feel urge to play on "punishing" server just to boost my ego, so if answer is no, i will just continue to enjoy normal fun on Ragnaros... :-)

15. I totally agree with your briliant idea of "delayed content unlocking". This is fresh server and bringing stuff with some delay will make things more interesting in many ways and I think that most of the people here are actually looking forward to this.
    I also TOTALLY AGREE with the RDF not being present in the game. At least during the Vanilla, TBC & Pre ICC realm stages. But I have to say, that I do not see a point in removing RDF completely, even after the ICC is released.

RDF is a great way to obtain Achievements, Gear and EVEN NEW FRIENDS. - Actually most of my in-game friends I met during WotLK on retail were people from RDF groups. You just meet 4 new guys almost every single time you join the queue. So from time to time you add some of them to your friend list after a quick chat (sometimes you even discover that they are from your country), and soon, your friend list is full of names.

I think, that if Warmane team really wants to support the statement that Lordaeron is most hardcore and complete BLIZZLIKE experience, then they should allow the RDF in game, after the 3.3.5 content is released, since it is BLIZZLIKE feature.

But just to summarize my post into TL;DR version: "I will play on Lordaeron anyways and I will deffinetly support the project, no matter what. Adding the RDF would just make me more happy than I currently am." :))

First ... 519199100101102103111151 ... Last