1. July 4, 2015  
    We haven't reached that point yet. We are still working on the leveling process for now.
    Thank you for the answer.

2. July 4, 2015  
    Hi Kaer, from here is Marthaalex. I found 2 problems on eastern kingdoms, where can I report Lordaeron only issues? Thanks for your dedication, that is what inspires me to test the things of the server until its limits (right now quests xD).

3. July 4, 2015  
    Hi boys and girls,

I wanted to ask if the first pvp season is going to be the furious one and as progressing we shall get to rele and eventually to WF?

And also, why would you disable RDF! It's so fun leveling with your friends crushing 5-man dungeons!

Anyways, im very excited about this. Good job and nice idea to do something like that!

Oh... and also for the PVE - are we starting from the 3.3.5 Icc;RS or at the start we will be at a lower patch?

4. July 4, 2015  
    Hi Kaer, from here is Marthaalex. I found 2 problems on eastern kingdoms, where can I report Lordaeron only issues? Thanks for your dedication, that is what inspires me to test the things of the server until its limits (right now quests xD).
    Just report it on bugtracker. Developers check bugtracker daily.

RDF is first indtroduced in 3.3 patch so maybe they will enable it when ICC content is available aswell.

5. July 4, 2015  
    Just report it on bugtracker. Developers check bugtracker daily.

RDF is first indtroduced in 3.3 patch so maybe they will enable it when ICC content is available aswell.
    I already did, thank you :D just in case, you guys can vote to get this be known by devs? - https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/3980

6. July 5, 2015  
    no flying in northrend
    Don't you need to be able to fly to do quests in certain zones in northrend? If you don't have it you can get a temporary flying mount from a quest that is only usable in certain zones. Not sure if this is correct since my brother told me this way back in retail and I never questioned it, plus he had one of the quest mounts since he couldn't afford flying.

7. July 5, 2015  
    I still remember when Lordaeron was launched,there were no shadowmournes ,a stack of linen cloth used to cost around 1 gold,epic gems were like 150-170g and BoE weren't exceeding 6000g (leggings or ICC drops ),Lordaeron was like heaven,like a virgin land . When Cataclysm was launched ,WotLK realms were leeched of life,forcing the staff to offer the players from Ragnaros ,Frostwolf and Deathwing free transfers,with a gold limit of 10k per character,and as if wasn't bad enough,players that obtained Shadowmourne through donation kept it when they transferred to Lordaeron. When the staff decided to offer again free transfers,they made it so people could bring no gold,but unfortunately,it was too late,the economy was totally screwed.

Right now,this project looks impressive and capable of offering us all an authentic experience and the joy of playing ,even if you are not 80. However,I'm afraid that the problems I mentioned above could occur again,and if the staff react the same way,then it's sad. People of Lordaeron were given the staff's word that there would be no Shadowmourne until they make the quest chain available,but on a morning , all the players from Dalaran bunched together to look at a recently transferred player,who was wielding the legendary weapon. I do not recall this moment because of the weapon ,but because what people were promised turn into dust and I wonder if that won't happen again.
    Today,I logged in on both PTR and deathwing,to test something that has been bugged for years,and that is Sylvanas position,which changes after a horde player completes the quest " Journey to Undercity ". As a result,on PTR she was there,at the right spot,probably because there is no player interested in leveling a character up to 15 to try that quest,but on Deathwing,she was missing,but I could target her using "/tar Lady " . I sincerely hope this gets solved when Lordaeron will be launched.

Regarding the measures Kaer desires to implement,I consider them good,but the RDF could be turn on,as it also consist a way of socializing .

If Lordaeron will be at least as good as it was until Cataclysm came on , without any custom things like ICC 25 HC LK custom drops,custom portals and so on,then I will be sticking with Warmane and will bring with me at least 12 friends . In my opinion,if Lordaeron will be like Kaer says,then it will be the best realm,attracting new players everyday. Remember this,throughout time,3.3.5 servers had the biggest population,however people always looked down on them and got attracted by the new expansions.Look what happened to WoD,everyone was crazy about it when it was announced,but then it was launched ,they lost 1/3 subscribers . In conclusion , no one should underestimate WotLK,as it kept this server alive for years . Give your best to fix the annoying bugs(Sylvanas,warrior's charge,rogue's damage in PvE,Eye of Eternity,ICC,Ulduar) and those epic quests like the chain that leads to Wrathgate Battle and the Siege of Undercity .

PS: Is Lordaeron going to be launched in august?
    Edited: July 5, 2015

8. July 5, 2015  
    Don't you need to be able to fly to do quests in certain zones in northrend? If you don't have it you can get a temporary flying mount from a quest that is only usable in certain zones. Not sure if this is correct since my brother told me this way back in retail and I never questioned it, plus he had one of the quest mounts since he couldn't afford flying.
    I believe it is necessary in some parts of Icecrown, but that is the only place it should be absolutely required. Stormpeaks should have temporary fly-mounts that you mention, though I forget where they are taken from specifically. I recognize this, though, and it's probably not realistic to implement no-flying to Northrend as per my suggestion, whether it be for only a couple weeks or not.

@Rares13, unfortunately, the former administration team in Kaer's absence did not care much for the health of Lordaeron. We will do our best to ensure the realm's safety this time around. Lordaeron is going to be our flagship realm. Also, no, we do not have a release date for the realm. We are still hard at work fixing things up on the realm. We are currently working backward, starting with Northrend quests (since they are a large part of the leveling process and it was the most bugged part of the experience) and working out way down to the start.

9. July 5, 2015  
    I believe it is necessary in some parts of Icecrown, but that is the only place it should be absolutely required. Stormpeaks should have temporary fly-mounts that you mention, though I forget where they are taken from specifically. I recognize this, though, and it's probably not realistic to implement no-flying to Northrend as per my suggestion, whether it be for only a couple weeks or not.

@Rares13, unfortunately, the former administration team in Kaer's absence did not care much for the health of Lordaeron. We will do our best to ensure the realm's safety this time around. Lordaeron is going to be our flagship realm. Also, no, we do not have a release date for the realm. We are still hard at work fixing things up on the realm. We are currently working backward, starting with Northrend quests (since they are a large part of the leveling process and it was the most bugged part of the experience) and working out way down to the start.
    Just disabling cold weather flying would get the same end goal that you want, since iirc the temporary mounts are slow as dirt and they are only usable in certain areas, which are like the 77+ zones

10. July 5, 2015  
    Yep, that was what I was suggesting in Northrend's case.

11. July 5, 2015  
    UPDATED: July 3, 2015

• Borean Tundra 100%
    • Howling Fjord 95%
    • Dragonblight 99%
    • Grizzly Hills 100%
    • Zul'Drak 96%
    • Sholazzar Basin 93%
    • Storm Peaks 96%
    • Icecrown 92%
    #Dragonblight 99% - Does that mean Wrathgate quest chain is scripted??? Imo, the best and most important questline in wrath.

I'd piss my pants if i see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bwvCgEtStY on Warmane.

FOR LORDAERON! <3

12. July 5, 2015  
    Hey when yuo finnish fix North fix Elwynn forest. In Fargodeep mine mobs agro range is to big and gravesites hawe problem after i die and realease my soul few time was teleported to startign area.

13. July 5, 2015  
    I think I saw somewhere that they are starting with Northrend stuff. They'll probably try and get all the Northrend stuff 95%+ before moving to Outland, and then to Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms.

14. July 5, 2015  
    BEFORE YOU JUMP INTO MY WALL OF WORDS!

Ahead of you await a good three thousand words.
    If you do not wish to read all of it, you can jump to the end and read a short summary.

I have read a couple of the replies to this topic, and I agree with some of them. Though I can not say if someone already posted this or not. But I'm gonna post a few suggestions, and I hope you're gonna agree with at least some of them.
    Lordaeron will be a hardcore server that appeals to fans of the normal Wrath of the Lich King expansion, and it will offer something new. And a coin shop. Shame on you. Since when was hardcore about money?

I'm all exited about the hardcore and dense feeling of games. And since Wrath of the Lich King was released back in the day, I never really felt like the game was as 'hardcore' as it used to be. I've been playing the game for 10 years. I have been wandering the lands of Azeroth for a long time.
    I'm an absolute fan of playing a game, being a little afraid of what's hiding out in the open world, just waiting for me to explore!
    I loved the 'hardcore' (but a little basic) feeling of vanilla where fighting an elite was actually hard. You'd have to find a couple of friends, or another wanderer of Azeroth, and be able to kill the strong enemy for a great reward.
    How awesome would it be to bring back those things? You have to fight for it instead of just using a dungeon finder, farming emblems.

This might not appeal to everyone, and I understand if some of you disagree. So no need to go insane, telling me I'm wrong, or it wouldn't work. These are just suggestions that would (for me) make the game a whole lot better. And yes, I do understand that this will require dedication, and hard work. But it's possible.

Read? Let's just dive right in.

CASH SHOP (Coins and Points)
    Spoiler: Show
    You can NOT buy any kind of gear using the coin shop. You'll need to work hard for every item. This way we can keep down the amount of fully geared people for a long time. The best players on the server should be those that dedicate the time and effort needed, not those willing to spend hundreds of dollars on gear. I myself am a great donator of the server, and I have donated on several of accounts to support Warmane. But if you want the Blizzlike (or even harder) experience on the server - for Gods sake - don't make a coin shop.
    Now on the other hand, the coin shop could be used in a different way. It could be better balanced. How about creating something like a chest, that would have a low chance of dropping a rare mount (like 1%), but mostly it would drop rare materials like gems. Profession materials. Again, it's random. You could get nothing.
    This chest should of course not only drop a single rare mount. Adding several rare mounts that might not even be obtainable in-game would make the chest worth the money. It could also drop random companions. Anything from a chicken to a Mini Diablo.
    So the normal drops would still be rare, but the chance of getting an awesome item like a cool mount, or even something like the Carved Ogre Idol. This way we can make sure that the coin shop is not used to make you stronger. But instead, it's used to get some fun and rare items that do not actually make your character stronger. To be fair, I would say the players who would donate for this can have a discount on the chest the first month or two. I suggest 20 coins per chest.
    HEIRLOOMS ARE ALSO GEAR. Remove it!

The Point shop, on the other hand, should also be fixed.
    Remove everything, besides maybe the 60% speed mounts. And a couple of funny pets that you just can't obtain anymore. I'm not saying the rare pets should cost 7 Vote Points. I would rather see them at 300 Vote Points. Why? Because this shows that you could actually spent the time voting for a long time. That makes you stand a little out, without being overpowered, for playing for a long time.
    Do you wish to change your character's appearance? Look further down and see my suggestion on how to change either name or appearance on your beloved character. The point shop is not a way of changing your character's look.

That's just a little bit about the shop. Let's move on to the more important and interesting matters.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
    IN-GAME MECHANICS

LEVELING
    1x rates are good as they are, however, I am deeply in love with the feeling of finally hitting the max level, ready to start my journey into raiding, so I honestly think it should be lowered. Personally I would go for 0.5x - 0.8x Blizzard experience rates. Because leveling is also important in this game. This is when you get to know the world you're living in.
    I will also ask that you consider buffing all the enemies around the world. I'm not talking about adding zombies everywhere. Really look at the stats: damage, health, armor, resistance, abilities and spells. If this world is supposed to be hardcore, make it so.
    Make them hit harder, and let them laugh in our faces when we try to damage them. Let us know that they're not there to ****ing help us level up; they're there to kill us!
    Make us work for it to truly EARN the kill. Punish us when we're being arrogant enough to take on more or tougher enemies than we should be able to handle. This is hardcore.

DUNGEONS
    Make the experience rates of doing dungeons a little higher. I'm not asking for 20x rates in dungeons, but if normal rates are 0.6x, leveling is hard and it will take time. Especially alone. Give the player an incentive to explore the dungeons with their friends by buffing rates from 0.6x to 0.8x.
    So finding a group of other players in the game, or even playing with friends will benefit you. That will make a big difference. Not only are dungeons amazing, they're also rewarding. You're fighting stronger monsters that drops better items and more experience, and you're challenging players to come up with useful group tactics. In a hardcore world where leveling is hard, the rewards are your motivation to keep going - both in-game rewards like items and experience but certainly as well the feeling of success.

What about the dungeon finger? Is that really necessary? You stand in the middle of the world, you get ported into a dungeon that is MILES away from where you actually are. You're playing with complete strangers that you've never met before and might never meet again. And you're just doing it for the extra rewards. Once you're done, you'll be teleported straight back into the world without even considering how the hell that happened.
    Well. Some people might think of it that way. But when I do dungeons, I do it for the experience. The experience of working harder, to kill this one guy, compared to a normal RDF HC. I solo that stuff at the moment (on my shaman). That's how easy it is. Fighting stronger mobs makes an item that is just a little stronger than the item you already have worth the time it takes to kill that one guy.

Now that we're at it, let's take a look at dungeon loot. Make the loot table harder. This guy might not drop this item. He might not even drop an item at all. The 5 gold he used to drop might just be 72 silver. Gold will be a lot harder to come by. 20,000 gold in this or any other RPG should not be pocket money. 20,000 gold should be a lot of money. This will create a more realistic and healthy economy. Some awesome item might normally sell for 50,000 gold. Now it will sell for 5,000 instead. The value is still the same; gold is simply worth a lot more.
    Having 10,000 gold, or even 5,000 gold is what we would call being rich. On Deathwing I earned my first 200,000 gold within the first week, after the wipe. That's not right.

QUESTS
    Have you ever felt that quests are boring as ever? You're picking it up, not reading what it actually says. You're moving to the area that is highlighted on the map, do whatever the quest tracker tells you, and you go back to get your reward.
    Now making the amount of the money you earn through questing in the world pay a little less, makes it a little harder to earn gold.
    Let's make the questing rewarding in a little different way. You earn more experience than you do by killing monsters. But you earn less gold. This sounds okay. Now this is a little twist, to what we're all used to. But I like the idea, myself. Remove the quest tracker. Now we have to actually go into the journal to see what kind of quest we're about to do. Or how about removing all those yellow dots away from the map? Removing them completely would make us have a little harder questing. It would take a little more, to read the quest, to find the spot, and kill the enemies. But you do get the amount of experience that you work for. Even turn the experience a little up, from the server rates actually are. That would make it harder, but still rewarding. Don't you think?
    Why would a quest giver want to give you more gold, because you can't become stronger? Forget that. Make the gold amount you get at max level stay as it is, while leveling. This way doing a quest at level 78 or 80 will be the same.
    But instead! You could actually do so that doing a quest within a certain amount of time give a little more. The quest giver would now reward you for your speed of doing the quest, from the time you obtain it, to the time you return Hogger's head. Or even increase the amount of experience you earn, from doing a quick job.
    I would personally add more quests to the different zones in the game, if the rates would go as low, as I've mentioned earlier in this post. Make every zone more attractive to level in. Considering the amount of experience you earn in the dense world of Azeroth, you would like a few more quests to do, right? So that you wont hit level 77, and just can't find another quest.

TRAVELING
    Traveling the world should take time. It should take a long time. BUT I'm not telling you to remove mounts in the game, or even making the leveling restriction worse than it already is. I suggest you remove the level restriction on mounts and on the riding skill completely.
    The amount of gold cost learning the riding skill in the first place should be raised. It should cost even more than it already does. I wouldn't mind saying 500 gold for a 60% mount - with the rates I've suggested for gold from enemies and quest rewards this would take time to get, unless you already have a level 80. But 500 gold is a lot of money. Even at level 80 it would still be a big deal. You wouldn't just create a character and throw 500 gold away on a mount, and then delete the character.
    What about the mount itself, and not only the training? I would say it should cost the same. I mean, it's an animal that you ride on. Like a horse in real life. They should cost more than they already do. I.e. I would say 400 gold for 60% mount.
    What about level 40 mounts? Or an epic mount? That would also cost money. But even more. The level restriction shouldn't be high, if even there. I would say level 20 is the level restriction, unless you decide to completely remove it. But the amount of gold is getting serious. Just like back in the vanilla game. I would say 800 gold for the epic riding skill, but even more for the mount itself. This time it could be i.e. 1400 gold for an epic mount. That makes mount collecting hard. It would take time, and an extreme amount of gold, to collect all mounts. But when you finally have 10 mounts, it would definitely be a rewarding achievement.
    And running around the world now seems even more rewarding. Even if you use a mount, it still feels like a big deal. Because you've paid BIG money just to be able to do it.

THE MARKET
    This market is a little different than the marketplace on the homepage, but also different than the in-game auction house.
    It's a place that should be existing in the game. But in a zone that people normally don't go to. That could be Everlook or Gadgetzan.
    What does the market sell? It sells exclusive items. That could be rare items, like Raging Behemoth's Shoulderplates. This could also be rare mounts and pets, or even funny items like the fishing chair.
    These items should have a starting price. It could be 1,500 or 2,000 gold, and everyone should be able to bid on them. Every week 10 new items would be added to the market, and last weeks items that didn't get a bid on would be removed. The market will not have a buyout button. There should only be a bid button so that people who have the money can actually have some fun with it. And even get exclusive items. Now remember that these items should shuffle around, so that it's not always the same items. But not "best in slot" gear either. We don't want to be able to simply buy the very best gear.
    This is the same idea as the Black Marketplace, which was introduced for the first time in Mists of Pandaria.

EXPANSIONS/UPDATES
    You mentioned that you'd have a delay of 1 - 2 months before you release new content. How would you want people to have a chance of getting gear, if you release Outland a month after release? That month later would just be a tiny waste of time. I'd say you should wait 3+ months between updates. This also requires you to fix all the current bugs. That would be places like Ulduar.
    This way you can release a raid or two every 3rd month. Now, this time people can actually follow the flow of how the expansion is growing. But don't forget! We don't want a new level 80 to start raiding. So make sure that all the raids have an item level/gear score restriction. This will keep you from just skipping to the end. This also makes sure that you do all the dungeons, and raids that leads to Icecrown Citadel, at the end of the expansion. Let's say if you want to run Naxxramas, you need a certain amount of gear level, before you can get through the portal.
    If you wish to join an Ulduar raid, you'll need certain gear and/or achievements/titles to even get through the portal. This way you can secure that we progress through the whole expansion, feeling the game as it should be played, instead of seeing most players skipping most of the content, just to get through the hard work that it should take to gear up.

CONTENT
    Consider adding more content in a differet way than adding a zone. That would be rare spawns like bosses, chests and elite mobs.
    Adding this kind of content will also give people and incentive to explore the world instead of just transporting yourself from one place to another.
    What if a rare world boss would drop an item that is close to some of the best gear, but the chance of dropping it is a little lower. This gives people a chance of finding a rare boss that might even drop some serious gear for their class. These bosses could spawn once a week, or once every day. That gives people a reason to leave the main cities and travel the world, getting to know what world we live in. I bet most people on this server barely knows what Silicious looks like.
    Add chests that spawn with rare loot (not a rare drop every time, but a chance of a rare drop). Might be a good bag of gold. But these chests will only spawn a couple of times a week so that it wont be too easy to farm them.

RACE/NAME/APPEARANCE
    Since this is a hardcore game, and we want a little different content, I would suggest adding a few features to the barber. Or adding a few NPCs in the world that will give us the option to either change our name or character appearance.
    You should remove the tool for faction change, to make the game feel more immersive. That also influences in your decisions, when creating your character. You will have to think, before making a character.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

SUMMARY
    If you wish to comment on this, please read the whole post instead of the summary. It goes into more detail. I might have already answered your question.

CASH SHOP
    Remove the cash shop. Both Coin and Point shop. Or at least remove any type of gear with stats that you can buy.
    LEVELING
    Make the leveling harder. Lower experience gain (0.5x-0.8x rates is my suggestion). Make the enemies stronger.
    DUNGEONS
    Make dungeons more rewarding. Remove the Random Dungeon Finder. Also give the bosses a good boost in both damage, health & resistance, and give them some new abilities. I personally would want to work a little harder for the gear, that I can get. Also make loot tables drop less.
    QUESTS
    Give us rewards. Remove the built-in quest helper. Make us spend the time it actually takes to read the quest description. Reward us with less gold, especially at max level.
    TRAVELING
    Traveling should be what an RPG is all about. Feeling the world. Make us feel it!
    MARKET
    Add a "Black Market" to the game so that we can obtain very rare items like mounts that are not otherwise obtainable, or even hard-to-get items (NO STATS PLEASE) that we can bid on. Cross faction!
    EXPANSIONS/UPDATES
    Please don't release Outland a month after release. Either you release it at the server release, or you wait several months. Give us time to gear up, even at level 60 and 70.

Kind Regards
    Kripp
    Member since 2010, player since 2005

15. July 5, 2015  
    Woah, that was a long read. Anyways;
    The Cash shop; I personally don't really care if there's a shop or not, especially as it doesn't sell gear. If people like voting for pets and tabards, cool. +1

The leveling; I don't agree with you on this one. I get it, this server is meant to be 'hardcore, bla bla bla', but 0,5 rates? I don't even know if there are enough quests to be able to get level cap with those rates! Also, I disagree with buffing mobs. I think this would only lead to frustration. One good side I can see is that people would group up for simple 'kill 8 x' quests. All in all, I think this is too hardcore. This is worse than vanilla. -1

The dungeons; I don't think increasing rates in dungeons would make it more 'adventure' like. People would just stand by dungeons, farm it, then go on to the next dungeon. Also, making bosses drop 72 silver instead of 5 gold will make NO difference to the economy. If your only income is from dungeons, you're doing something wrong. Lowering the loot table would also make a small difference; we have items from quests. -1

Questing; I think removing the quest tracker is a bit too much. There was a reason it was added after Vanilla, people wanted it. If it was removed on Lordaeron, I think many people would get a questing addon. Quests don't give a large amount of gold. Quests are not a big source of income. Increasing or decreasing the amount gained from quests would make a tiny difference to the economy. You realize items will be a lot cheaper anyways, right? Deahtwing and Ragnaros are extremely inflated because of the gold rates. Lordaeron will have a 1x goldrate, so everything will be wayy cheaper anyways. Looking at other 1x servers, epic gems won't be more than 500 gold. -1

Travelling; I would leave the mount system as it is. Why change it? It's fine! If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Seriously tho, making it more expensive doesn't make it more hardcore, just more time-consuming. -1

The market; Great idea, I really like it. Retail has a similiar thing, the Black Market. +1

The expansions; I personally wouldn't like this, but I see the appeal. We play here because we want WotLK content. I don't want to play other expansions for 6 months first. Come on! -1

Extra content; There is already a Wartorn Chest being added, this is something close to what you describe. As for world bosses, I think it would be pretty cool too. +1

Character appearance/faction etc; Extra haircuts? Fine with me. Small difference. Changing names has already been concluded in a poll that it won't be happening. Faction change is probably also being stopped anyways. +1

All in all I think you've got a few ideas. I think your view of the server might be a bit too hardcore for the majority of people. In the end of the day, we want to have a server we can enjoy playing on. Many of your 'hardcore' ideas don't (imo) make the game more fun, just more time-consuming. The server is going to be hardcore, yes. But what you are describing, oh boy, it sounds like hell to me.
    Good day, Lotros

Edit: I see I was a little bit aggressive at some points lol, of course, everything I said was my opninion and nothing I said was intended to be personal

First ... 9101112132161111 ... Last