1. July 6, 2015  
    Why they want to disable RDF? We can't play without RDF, this will be too hard to play and gearup... T_T

2. July 6, 2015  
    UPDATED: July 5, 2015
    Northrend Quests

@Kaer @Staff Since now The loremaster is obtainable, when will the quests implemented in the others wotlk severs?
    when will it be the next major updater for all wotlk servers?

3. July 6, 2015  
    "its improvements will be eventually applied to Deathwing and Ragnaros."

No exact date... Just eventually.

4. July 6, 2015  
    SUGGESTIONS
    Features that compliment realm's design of long-term activity, population and world PvP in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.

- Portal from Ironforge and Orgrimmar to Shattrah City and Dalaran to keep big capital cities populated
    - Chest spawn in Eastern Kingdoms containing a token that can be redeemed for coins on the website

I am not a fan of the portal. You want people to walk into the world, that's what you are attempting with the second point here. Having a portal that makes people go to shattrath in 1 click isn't a good idea to add. Maybe if it has like an absurd high price to use but nah.. please scrap point 1 :)

Oh and for those who don't think the second point will work, think about the wintergrasp event at christmas. Everyone was hunting down the snowman for emblems.
    Edited: July 6, 2015 Reason: Added snowman stuff

5. July 6, 2015  
    CASH SHOP (Coins and Points)
    Spoiler: Show
    You can NOT buy any kind of gear using the coin shop. You'll need to work hard for every item. This way we can keep down the amount of fully geared people for a long time. The best players on the server should be those that dedicate the time and effort needed, not those willing to spend hundreds of dollars on gear. I myself am a great donator of the server, and I have donated on several of accounts to support Warmane. But if you want the Blizzlike (or even harder) experience on the server - for Gods sake - don't make a coin shop.
    Now on the other hand, the coin shop could be used in a different way. It could be better balanced. How about creating something like a chest, that would have a low chance of dropping a rare mount (like 1%), but mostly it would drop rare materials like gems. Profession materials. Again, it's random. You could get nothing.
    This chest should of course not only drop a single rare mount. Adding several rare mounts that might not even be obtainable in-game would make the chest worth the money. It could also drop random companions. Anything from a chicken to a Mini Diablo.
    So the normal drops would still be rare, but the chance of getting an awesome item like a cool mount, or even something like the Carved Ogre Idol. This way we can make sure that the coin shop is not used to make you stronger. But instead, it's used to get some fun and rare items that do not actually make your character stronger. To be fair, I would say the players who would donate for this can have a discount on the chest the first month or two. I suggest 20 coins per chest.
    HEIRLOOMS ARE ALSO GEAR. Remove it!

The Point shop, on the other hand, should also be fixed.
    Remove everything, besides maybe the 60% speed mounts. And a couple of funny pets that you just can't obtain anymore. I'm not saying the rare pets should cost 7 Vote Points. I would rather see them at 300 Vote Points. Why? Because this shows that you could actually spent the time voting for a long time. That makes you stand a little out, without being overpowered, for playing for a long time.
    Do you wish to change your character's appearance? Look further down and see my suggestion on how to change either name or appearance on your beloved character. The point shop is not a way of changing your character's look.

That's just a little bit about the shop. Let's move on to the more important and interesting matters.
    The server will need a coin shop, as I've addressed previously. While there might be extremely rare exceptions where a player would donate an not use their coins, the majority of people will only donate if they can get something out of it. Without donations to cover for Lordaeron costs there's no Lordaeron, simply put.

LEVELING
    1x rates are good as they are, however, I am deeply in love with the feeling of finally hitting the max level, ready to start my journey into raiding, so I honestly think it should be lowered. Personally I would go for 0.5x - 0.8x Blizzard experience rates. Because leveling is also important in this game. This is when you get to know the world you're living in.
    I will also ask that you consider buffing all the enemies around the world. I'm not talking about adding zombies everywhere. Really look at the stats: damage, health, armor, resistance, abilities and spells. If this world is supposed to be hardcore, make it so.
    Make them hit harder, and let them laugh in our faces when we try to damage them. Let us know that they're not there to ****ing help us level up; they're there to kill us!
    Make us work for it to truly EARN the kill. Punish us when we're being arrogant enough to take on more or tougher enemies than we should be able to handle. This is hardcore.

DUNGEONS
    Make the experience rates of doing dungeons a little higher. I'm not asking for 20x rates in dungeons, but if normal rates are 0.6x, leveling is hard and it will take time. Especially alone. Give the player an incentive to explore the dungeons with their friends by buffing rates from 0.6x to 0.8x.
    So finding a group of other players in the game, or even playing with friends will benefit you. That will make a big difference. Not only are dungeons amazing, they're also rewarding. You're fighting stronger monsters that drops better items and more experience, and you're challenging players to come up with useful group tactics. In a hardcore world where leveling is hard, the rewards are your motivation to keep going - both in-game rewards like items and experience but certainly as well the feeling of success.

What about the dungeon finger? Is that really necessary? You stand in the middle of the world, you get ported into a dungeon that is MILES away from where you actually are. You're playing with complete strangers that you've never met before and might never meet again. And you're just doing it for the extra rewards. Once you're done, you'll be teleported straight back into the world without even considering how the hell that happened.
    Well. Some people might think of it that way. But when I do dungeons, I do it for the experience. The experience of working harder, to kill this one guy, compared to a normal RDF HC. I solo that stuff at the moment (on my shaman). That's how easy it is. Fighting stronger mobs makes an item that is just a little stronger than the item you already have worth the time it takes to kill that one guy.

Now that we're at it, let's take a look at dungeon loot. Make the loot table harder. This guy might not drop this item. He might not even drop an item at all. The 5 gold he used to drop might just be 72 silver. Gold will be a lot harder to come by. 20,000 gold in this or any other RPG should not be pocket money. 20,000 gold should be a lot of money. This will create a more realistic and healthy economy. Some awesome item might normally sell for 50,000 gold. Now it will sell for 5,000 instead. The value is still the same; gold is simply worth a lot more.
    Having 10,000 gold, or even 5,000 gold is what we would call being rich. On Deathwing I earned my first 200,000 gold within the first week, after the wipe. That's not right.

QUESTS
    Have you ever felt that quests are boring as ever? You're picking it up, not reading what it actually says. You're moving to the area that is highlighted on the map, do whatever the quest tracker tells you, and you go back to get your reward.
    Now making the amount of the money you earn through questing in the world pay a little less, makes it a little harder to earn gold.
    Let's make the questing rewarding in a little different way. You earn more experience than you do by killing monsters. But you earn less gold. This sounds okay. Now this is a little twist, to what we're all used to. But I like the idea, myself. Remove the quest tracker. Now we have to actually go into the journal to see what kind of quest we're about to do. Or how about removing all those yellow dots away from the map? Removing them completely would make us have a little harder questing. It would take a little more, to read the quest, to find the spot, and kill the enemies. But you do get the amount of experience that you work for. Even turn the experience a little up, from the server rates actually are. That would make it harder, but still rewarding. Don't you think?
    Why would a quest giver want to give you more gold, because you can't become stronger? Forget that. Make the gold amount you get at max level stay as it is, while leveling. This way doing a quest at level 78 or 80 will be the same.
    But instead! You could actually do so that doing a quest within a certain amount of time give a little more. The quest giver would now reward you for your speed of doing the quest, from the time you obtain it, to the time you return Hogger's head. Or even increase the amount of experience you earn, from doing a quick job.
    I would personally add more quests to the different zones in the game, if the rates would go as low, as I've mentioned earlier in this post. Make every zone more attractive to level in. Considering the amount of experience you earn in the dense world of Azeroth, you would like a few more quests to do, right? So that you wont hit level 77, and just can't find another quest.

TRAVELING
    Traveling the world should take time. It should take a long time. BUT I'm not telling you to remove mounts in the game, or even making the leveling restriction worse than it already is. I suggest you remove the level restriction on mounts and on the riding skill completely.
    The amount of gold cost learning the riding skill in the first place should be raised. It should cost even more than it already does. I wouldn't mind saying 500 gold for a 60% mount - with the rates I've suggested for gold from enemies and quest rewards this would take time to get, unless you already have a level 80. But 500 gold is a lot of money. Even at level 80 it would still be a big deal. You wouldn't just create a character and throw 500 gold away on a mount, and then delete the character.
    What about the mount itself, and not only the training? I would say it should cost the same. I mean, it's an animal that you ride on. Like a horse in real life. They should cost more than they already do. I.e. I would say 400 gold for 60% mount.
    What about level 40 mounts? Or an epic mount? That would also cost money. But even more. The level restriction shouldn't be high, if even there. I would say level 20 is the level restriction, unless you decide to completely remove it. But the amount of gold is getting serious. Just like back in the vanilla game. I would say 800 gold for the epic riding skill, but even more for the mount itself. This time it could be i.e. 1400 gold for an epic mount. That makes mount collecting hard. It would take time, and an extreme amount of gold, to collect all mounts. But when you finally have 10 mounts, it would definitely be a rewarding achievement.
    And running around the world now seems even more rewarding. Even if you use a mount, it still feels like a big deal. Because you've paid BIG money just to be able to do it.
    Those are all custom tweaks that would take away from the aim of this realm (being as close to old school retail World of Warcraft, pre-RDF).

THE MARKET
    This market is a little different than the marketplace on the homepage, but also different than the in-game auction house.
    It's a place that should be existing in the game. But in a zone that people normally don't go to. That could be Everlook or Gadgetzan.
    What does the market sell? It sells exclusive items. That could be rare items, like Raging Behemoth's Shoulderplates. This could also be rare mounts and pets, or even funny items like the fishing chair.
    These items should have a starting price. It could be 1,500 or 2,000 gold, and everyone should be able to bid on them. Every week 10 new items would be added to the market, and last weeks items that didn't get a bid on would be removed. The market will not have a buyout button. There should only be a bid button so that people who have the money can actually have some fun with it. And even get exclusive items. Now remember that these items should shuffle around, so that it's not always the same items. But not "best in slot" gear either. We don't want to be able to simply buy the very best gear.
    This is the same idea as the Black Marketplace, which was introduced for the first time in Mists of Pandaria.
    That's custom content, which takes away from the intent even more.

EXPANSIONS/UPDATES
    You mentioned that you'd have a delay of 1 - 2 months before you release new content. How would you want people to have a chance of getting gear, if you release Outland a month after release? That month later would just be a tiny waste of time. I'd say you should wait 3+ months between updates. This also requires you to fix all the current bugs. That would be places like Ulduar.
    This way you can release a raid or two every 3rd month. Now, this time people can actually follow the flow of how the expansion is growing. But don't forget! We don't want a new level 80 to start raiding. So make sure that all the raids have an item level/gear score restriction. This will keep you from just skipping to the end. This also makes sure that you do all the dungeons, and raids that leads to Icecrown Citadel, at the end of the expansion. Let's say if you want to run Naxxramas, you need a certain amount of gear level, before you can get through the portal.
    If you wish to join an Ulduar raid, you'll need certain gear and/or achievements/titles to even get through the portal. This way you can secure that we progress through the whole expansion, feeling the game as it should be played, instead of seeing most players skipping most of the content, just to get through the hard work that it should take to gear up.
    The amount of time between content release for sure can be adjusted to the pace the population is progressing if the aim is to have it more homogenous, so the few rushers don't get way ahead of everyone else just because they know what to do for a speedrun. Adding restrictions is yet again custom tweaks, though.

CONTENT
    Consider adding more content in a differet way than adding a zone. That would be rare spawns like bosses, chests and elite mobs.
    Adding this kind of content will also give people and incentive to explore the world instead of just transporting yourself from one place to another.
    What if a rare world boss would drop an item that is close to some of the best gear, but the chance of dropping it is a little lower. This gives people a chance of finding a rare boss that might even drop some serious gear for their class. These bosses could spawn once a week, or once every day. That gives people a reason to leave the main cities and travel the world, getting to know what world we live in. I bet most people on this server barely knows what Silicious looks like.
    Add chests that spawn with rare loot (not a rare drop every time, but a chance of a rare drop). Might be a good bag of gold. But these chests will only spawn a couple of times a week so that it wont be too easy to farm them.

RACE/NAME/APPEARANCE
    Since this is a hardcore game, and we want a little different content, I would suggest adding a few features to the barber. Or adding a few NPCs in the world that will give us the option to either change our name or character appearance.
    You should remove the tool for faction change, to make the game feel more immersive. That also influences in your decisions, when creating your character. You will have to think, before making a character.
    Custom content yet again.

While you seem to have put a lot of thought in your ideas, the vast majority of them are about tweaking or customizing things, when we want to make it as close to what retail was like before. That in itself makes your suggestions likely unusable in the context of what our target is.

6. July 6, 2015  
    Suggestion: Block GearScore addon
    Definitely. The GearScore addon is a hazard and has to be destroyed once and for all. Blast it, grind it, blast it again, set it on fire, scrape up the ashes and put them in a titanium box, send the box on a fixed course towards the sun.
    Edited: July 6, 2015

7. July 6, 2015  
    Put x1 rates on everything,and i mean literally everything.
    Gradually release content 1 month after another (vanilla,bc,wotlk naxx,wotlk ulduar,wotlk toc,wotlk icc(that covers 6 months,and month is quickly passable so new content is available rather fast) )

Prohibit vote shop totally,allow only race change and faction change,shutdown rename.Put a 2 month cooldown on each of these features.
    Coin shop idea is very good,you have to have a lower tier of weapon to aquire higher tier of weapon /armmor etc.
    Said price for currently 23 coins per item (wotlk) should be 32 coin per item. (thats how much is most expensive item on Cata).
    Put regular mounts that are easy,intermidieate to obtain for coins.

Shutdown RDF completly,it was enabled in 3.3.5a if i recall so until then no RDF.Wann do dungeon?Do it manually.
    Also put playtime on gear availabily for coins (min 10 days played) or more.

8. July 6, 2015  
    hello ;)

have a question, will my chars on the test realm be teleted when its released officialy ??

ty

9. July 6, 2015  
    Can't wait for this realm's release =) It seems it's going to be awesome!
    But please, disable that damned LFG, it ruined the game's social acpect completely (and Raid Finder in 4.3 "finished it completely), turning the game into first solo MMORPG (just think about this - solo MMORPG!) in the world. Some say that it will make leveling up and gearing difficult. But you know what? It is not true. All you would need to do is to find a guild and several friends. And that's it. A guild and several friends. And (what a surprise!), for example, while you are leveling. there will always be either a guild member or a friend near some dungeon. And all it would take is to write a private message to that person and to tell that you'd like to assemble a group. Or, you may just look through the world chat. I'm sure, that with the Molten's population it wouldn't be long before you find a group that lacks at least one player. Oh, and for little kiddies, there is a funny feature in the game that let's you teleport to the dungeon without LFG - meeting stones. All they require is two players nearby to use it. Extra experience that is given by LFG and loot would be compensated by quests, and people will kind of have them now, since it would be more lucrative to stay in one zone and get at least several of dungeon one's in order to make character more powerful and thus, to make leveling easier. Moreover, your skill will be actually improving, because you will be playing (and I speak from my experience) with people you know, and, by the level cap, create a team. And believe me, good teams can faceroll anything in the game, no matter how difficult it may seem. But the most important thing is - you will find a lot of friends, which is an amazing experience, because you will learn about other cultures and traditions and will find a lot of awesome people in-game, which may become your real-life friends in the end. By disabling Lfg it would be possible to ressurect the most awesome aspect of the game - the social one! Actually, WOW without LFG is more blizzlike, than the one with it!
    As for x0.8 rates - complete and utter rubbish, especially, considering how boring and grindy the 40-58 leveling is (even during WOTLK leveling from 52 to-58 is like a chore). It will not make this game hardcore at all - it would make it stupid and time-consuming. Ever played Lineage 2? If you want leveling experience of that kind that's a perfect game for you.
    The idea of making mobs in WOTLK dungeons more powerful is a good one, since some of them are just too easy, up to the point when it's not fun to play anymore. Don't know if it is a good idea to do that in the world, though. Maybe a slight boost to make killing mobs that are, like, 3 levels higher than you more challenging, nothing more. What really needs attention is the state of elite mobs required for quests. I was able to solo them almost 100% of the time. Maybe, again, it woulld be a nice idea to boost them. Not slightly though - they must be challenging and require 3 people to actually kill it. But those are minor issues (except easy dungeons).
    Donations. Prices definitly should be higher than on other realms. I am not against selling some gear from dungeons and raids, but several restrictions should be made: for example, to buy a ring of some tier at least one char on your account must have one ring item of that same tier. This doesn't apply to other items - for example if you have Head item of lower tier than ring, you would be able to buy Head item only of it's own tier and not the ring's one. Of course there should be a class restriction and PVE/PVP one too. By doing this, a steady level of donations would be sustained and, at the same time, skill level of donators would be good, since they will only have a slight boost to their progress, for example, with the second char or spec. Another good addition to donation system is to make decorative items cheaper than they're on other realms, thus incouraging donations to be mostly non Pay 2 Win.
    Anyway, this server is going to be amazing and, I would repeat again - I can't wait for it to be released. I wish good luck to development team =)

By the by, people who ask about their chars being deleted on PTR after offcial release start to be annoying, so I will repeat this again: Yes, all of your chars will be deleted, once the server is oficially released! They even warned you when you entered the server!

10. July 6, 2015  
    Suggestion:
    What about mounts share account?

11. July 6, 2015  
    I suggest removing GLOBAL chat,where all frustrated kids are insulting each other ,spamming and other annoying things. In my opinion ,people should use " Looking for Group " Channel in order to sell their goods,find arena partners,tell jokes and form raids,in other words,it would be a very authentic experience,to form a group like on retail,staying in the capital cities or Dalaran,trying to sell stuff or form a pug for raids. Even if this may sound awkward to those that are used to the Global chat, bunching in the capital cities,all the players,regardless of their level and shiny gear make the realm look more vivid and bring players together to socialize,cause hey,interacting doesn't require players with same level,and behind 2 different characters are 2 players that are playing this game for having fun with other people,so think about it.

Another thing that I hate very much and hope it will change is,the fact that nothing is done against those annoying players that start calling other players "ninjas" even though they haven't done anything,it's frustrating to organize a raid,put a lot of hard work and in the end,a brat that loses an item on fair roll to spam the chat, damaging a player reputation for no reason. You might say that we should simply ignore these kind of players,but that player who has been called in different ways will have a hard time interacting with the others,even though he did nothing and he isn't banned by the GM,he won't have his account suspended,but the players will be suspicious about him in the future,and considering the fact that Lordaeron doesn't have a huge amount of players,that unfortunate guy will be pretty much isolated,which is in contrast to the game's goal.These being said,I suggest punishing these annoying spammers without mercy,exactly like it happens with the real ninjas,it's not fair to ruin someone's image just because you are frustrated,and this kind of situation happens a lot.

The latter suggestion might sound difficult to implement,but the first one is an easy task,considering that the staff wants us to get an authentic experience,and technically it's very easy to do it.

If my ideas don't appeal to you guys ,please ignore them and perceive them as simple ideas for improving our representative realm,peace .

12. July 6, 2015  

13. July 6, 2015  
    why are u removing RDF ?
    mate read the forum before asking..there are opinions and answers everywhere and this question was already asked many times

14. July 6, 2015  
    Yes,im pretty sure, even sometimes in the chat in PTR they say that all characters will be deleted when it releases officialy.

15. July 6, 2015  
    since 98 % of wotlk leveling quest line is fixed and the launch of ulduar and naxxramas is probably some months away (giving enough time to the dev team script it perfectly until them), i wanna ask to the staff what is preventing the official launch of lordaeronĀ“s first content? in this case vanilla and bc content, its just a matter of planning or is missing a lot of work in vanila and bc?

First ... 311121314152363113 ... Last