1. I've said before - read "hardcore" as "hardcore old school," not as "permanent death, rush-to-glory." The aim of Lordaeron is to be a place for people who want to revive the "good ol' days" of World of Warcraft, not attract "pro-gamers" that will speedrun the content. While it's true that it's possible for people to rush and be at one of the temporary soft caps in a few days, they will be putting themselves in the supposed "nothing to do" situation. Rushing is a choice, and this server isn't being tailored to cater to rushers as far as I know, but to people who want to experience it all.
    That's it. Amen

Attach your replay to first post. Maybe that will prevent next bla bla in this case.

2. I really love the idea of this progressive realm. I left the server and wow couple of years ago and these news have made me consider to come back to molten. I really like the idea keeping burning crusade and lich king areas closed for some time, I would even keep them closed for longer, if you have to level your character through 60 levels, one month is not so long in a x1 sever. I you have the time to play everyday you can easily level the character, but if you don't have a lot of time to play wow you will reach level 60 when the burning crusade content is already released, and so, you won't be able to experience the sensation of being in a progressive realm. I would suggest to increase the time between the release of the new zones. I also think that this realm could attract a lot of old players. If publicity is correctly done, the amount of players interested in this realm could be really big.

3. So far I think Lordaeron is going in the right direction and I like the idea of the staged release of content at launch. I brought my wife and two kids to this realm. My wife played during the WotLK expansion when it was on Sargeras so she hasn't played recently and my kids are new to the game but have seen us play before. So far they are loving all of the working quests and everything seemingly working. I don't have to try to explain to them why this stuff doesn't work. Of course, we're only in are teen levels right now but the whole family is enjoying it. Each zone is like its own world that actually works and engages them.

I'm looking forward to getting them more experience with the game during the testing phase so that when the launch starts we can try our hand at the progression. If Lordaeron does the world events like Gates of Ahn Qiraj and Scourge Invasion my family is going to flip. I know for a fact they will like the limited time only quests, the lore, the banding together to do AQ and Naxx, etc. It will be quite an experience for them. Even without those events, I'm sure they will enjoy getting to each max level and hanging out with other players in the hot spot of each expansion.

Keep up the good work and we'll be eagerly waiting for the finished product when its ready.

4. I really love the idea of this progressive realm. I left the server and wow couple of years ago and these news have made me consider to come back to molten. I really like the idea keeping burning crusade and lich king areas closed for some time, I would even keep them closed for longer, if you have to level your character through 60 levels, one month is not so long in a x1 sever. I you have the time to play everyday you can easily level the character, but if you don't have a lot of time to play wow you will reach level 60 when the burning crusade content is already released, and so, you won't be able to experience the sensation of being in a progressive realm. I would suggest to increase the time between the release of the new zones. I also think that this realm could attract a lot of old players. If publicity is correctly done, the amount of players interested in this realm could be really big.
    I am agree with you, i and many people supplicate that the lorda become a progresive realm with 2 or 3 months among expansions and we need that the warname teem reply about that :)

5. I am agree with you, i and many people supplicate that the lorda become a progresive realm with 2 or 3 months among expansions and we need that the warname teem reply about that :)
    Agreed. I think 3 month intervals would be nice as long as we're doing the world events. If we don't do the world events then I think 2 would be better.

6. Read the OP then read our comments again. They're suggesting releasing the expansions in one month intervals. We're suggesting 2 or 3 months.

7. My question is if the wotlk content will be released progressive, too. It would be just stupid as hell, if ICC would be opened directly with wotlk release. Nobody would care about naxx and just rush toc and ICC.

8. Is there a chance we will see world events like Gates of Ahn'Qiraj or Dark Portal Opening event?

9. My question is if the wotlk content will be released progressive, too. It would be just stupid as hell, if ICC would be opened directly with wotlk release. Nobody would care about naxx and just rush toc and ICC.
    It will be progressive, it was already said few posts back.

10. It will be progressive, it was already said few posts back.
    Even on Vanilla and TBC content? It would be great xD every week or every 2 weeks releasing the old raids and dungeons

11. I got a couple of ideas.

Raiding

There is a few other Private server ( i wont name them) that have done the same thing as lordaeron and released a Progressive WOTLK realm from the patch 3.3.5a. What they did with the raiding tho to make the bosses "Pre-Nerfed" and not having to rescript the entire encounters was that they increased the bosses health pool by 15-25% and increased the damage abit since we do more damage in 3.3.5a than we do in 3.0.3 or 3.1.0 So on. It took longer for people to clear the raid and it made them complain less about waiting for NEW raids and so on. Also make the limited attempts for TOC n ICC.

ICC would be extremly easy to make pre-nerf just remove http://www.wowhead.com/spell=73822/hellscreams-warsong

Lets face it 3.3.5a is the last patch in the expansion and in every expansions last patch every raid get SUPER nerfed so it becomes silly.

Name Rules

No immature names like Diggernick, Rapeyosiz and so on. Its just Annoying to see names like that and i bet im not the only one who thinks that.

RDF

If RDF will be disabled you should activate the Daily quests outside Violet hold for raiding and dunegons.

Leveling/ganking

Idk if dishonorable kills was removed out of the game for killing low lvl players. I have nothing against gankers but i know alot of players hate wasting their 2 hours daily play time of getting ganked by some high lvls. implementing it would lower ganking alot.

The grammar might be ****ed up but i tried lol. Please share your opinons :Z

12. Make the raids pre-nerf difficulty and you got yourselves a server.

13. Progressive realm or not but its really stupid idea... There is a lot of private servers with Vanilla or TBC content -_-... and more of them is with x1 rate likely all of "PRO's" here want. There is not a lot of good private servers with high pop (likely 2,5k+) and its x1, and ofc eng server. I cant found some like those but always is bugged or just not another languege server in-game (for example wow-circle).

Please, dont create progressive realm ... or at least create another realm Cataclysm with x1 rate (why ? Because i like Cata too and i know only Atlantiss is good, but low pop ppl)

14. Random question: Is Cluster Load Balancing still being worked on? If I remember right it was being worked on for WotLK before Molt-Down. Is this something that will appear on the final version of Lordaeron?

15. Gold Sink Ideas (didn't read all 29 pages, so maybe some duplicates here):

- Increase auction house cuts on first two days after reset when people are most actively using AH

- Allow the purchase of character levels for ALTs via gold (once you have at least one 80, you can buy levels for your alts...maybe even proportionally to XP required so 79 to 80 costs more than 40 to 41, etc) --> Important distinction: don’t make it viable to purchase straight to 80 – only useful to “get over the hump” on the couple zones you are stuck at, or don’t want to repeat again, or to push to 80 when almost there, etc

- Allow players to use gold to learn flight path locations without having to travel there (particularly for alts again)

- Allow players to use gold to purchase a goodie bag like the one-time one we got previously where the reward can vary anywhere from a random blue item to emblems (or perhaps coins/points). I'm thinking of a cool-down of one week, and have a set list of prizes for the week and lowering the cost of the goodie bag as the better prizes are awarded (so very expensive on reset day, but gets cheaper as the week goes on when better prizes are awarded). Awards needs to be published so players know "what they're missing" by not playing.

- Allow players to use gold to create guilds without needing signatures (for private guild bank characters, etc)

- Create a vendor for unobtainable pets that sell for significant amount of gold for the collectors to spend on (even if offered in points store)

- Accounts that are stagnant for more than a week suffer a 1% gold penalty for being inactive each week until they sign on again

Generally, looking for ideas that don’t break the general spirit of “blizz-like” but still actually remove gold from the economy (not simply transferring to another toon). I don’t necessarily support allowing players to purchase raid-level gear, as it will immediately end that raids appeal to new alts/players. That being said, maybe having a vendor sell 80-level blue BOP items (for rather significant gold) after Ulduar is released is reasonable to me.

First ... 1927282930313979129 ... Last