1. Very solid point made, I would personally prefer that gear options in the coin store opened once you had been flagged as killing the boss that drops that loot.

2. Why u continue to talk about achi? Is it write somewhere this ****? No. Warmane know that the donorz want to buy item without mongrel restriction.

Don8 -> shop -> click -> buy -> profit for everyone

3. Why u continue to talk about achi? Is it write somewhere this ****? No. Warmane know that the donorz want to buy item without mongrel restriction.

Don8 -> shop -> click -> buy -> profit for everyone
    This thread is here to discuss about the realm, and eventually try and make suggestions in order to make it better. Even though in the end the staff will decide whether or not they want to retain some of the suggestion they see here, any proposition that makes sense is worth taking a look at. If donors, as you say, don't want any restrictions then to begin with Lordaeron isn't in my opinion a realm that is made for them.

People try to make reasonable suggestions about this donation system to work while still being somehow "healtthy" for the realm content-wise. The thing is, there's not much you can do beforehand because there's no way of telling a lot of things: how many people will play on this realm; out of those player how many of them would donate to get X or Y gear, would they donate a lot or only a few thing.

There's no reason to come and deny everything that has been suggested until now and just say "remove restrictions so donors will be happy", because I think the way you see things isn't the way the staff wants the realm to be. If it was just a realm where you could come online, pay and win I'm 100% sure they wouldn't bother putting so much effort in it. They already said they don't value players who don't donate less than those who donate, which means that if they want this realm to be fair, they have to find a middle ground between pay=insta-win and charity.

Edit: Maybe a way to drain up a bit of gold on the long-term would be increased reparations costs. It is something players have to do regularly and already drains quite a bit of gold of a realm's economy overall without having to implement a system totally non-blizzlike. If you increase this drain source it could become helpful to tone down the speed at which money will stack up and thus increase the time it will take for the prices to rise like crazy.
    Edited: August 1, 2015

4. Just look at the whole gaming industry right now, there are dozens of examples that cosmetic in-game shop are a lot better, a lot more successful than games with gear in their shops. Donors admit that it sucks to donate for half HC gear to feel little more powerful, but you get reckt by full HC geared people just because they can afford to donate more.

Number one thing that bothers me is that a lot of people who donated for endgame gear doesnt know how to play properly - full geared noobs doing 5k dps in raids, standing in fire etc. I better replace them with skilled undergeared player who actually needs gear from that raid.

Even if you can get the same items in-game, it still ruins the balance. People will still donate if there will be no gear in shop, just make some impressive way to offer some cosmetic and similar rewards (exp, reputation, honor gain boosts, exotic mounts and pets, smth like that). Dont be afraid to make some custom things like transmog in wotlk, that will give you more revenue and players will be more satisfied that there is no easy way to get gear.
    You made pvp guards stronger in wotlk realm, you can also make something new for Lordaeron. I assume that a lot of players are bored after years of playing wotlk, some little custom things which doesnt ruin balance only would benefit, especially for those veterans.

5. Well, another possible thing could be to add profession mats to the donorshop. Because at some point in 3.3.5 you will have more gold than materials on the realm, and if you find a way to get more materials into the game (through donations), it would help with the prices staying low. And it wouldnt give people a big advantage, because who wants can still farm it himself on the realm.

Regarding gold drain mechanics you could increase the prices of buff materials for each class, that would be a constant source of gold waste you have to make.

Just throwing suggestions at you so you might get other ideas as well :D

6. OMG ******s... ******s everywhere. Warmane is creating a HARDCORE server - That means it's not for everyone! And ******s are going on about donor for this and donor for that. That's the whole reason why they are creating this server. So there is no easy way to get the best gear, and what's the point would be to make x1 if you could just buy level 80. So Warmane stick with this:
    - No character level boosts
    - No profession boosts
    - No realm transfer
    - No character rename
    - No heirlooms
    - No legendary items
    - Limitations to companion and mount availability
    - Item availability based on realm's progression
    - Item availability based on in-game obtainability

Not some little kids ideas who can only achieve thing with moms bank account! Thank You!

7. dear god every other post became about what more can be put in for donations,....this is suppose to be a thread about "Blizzlike" realm...damn midgets. learn 2 enjoy the game how its supposed to be played....if u wana help server donate for mounts and vanity items ffs

8. OMG ******s... ******s everywhere. Warmane is creating a HARDCORE server - That means it's not for everyone! And ******s are going on about donor for this and donor for that. That's the whole reason why they are creating this server. So there is no easy way to get the best gear, and what's the point would be to make x1 if you could just buy level 80. So Warmane stick with this:
    - No profession boosts
    - No realm transfer
    - No character rename
    - No heirlooms
    - No legendary items

Not some little kids ideas who can only achieve thing with moms bank account! Thank You!
    You are amazing!

Ever thought about how they are gonna deal with their bills? Our discussion is all about how they can cover their expenses through donations while not making everything donatable, especially things which give you ingame advantage.

Instead of insulting other people, try to waste some time reading this 50 pages and post something useful, like a suggestion.

Thank you =)

*I would love if the server could sustain itself through mount donations, but that is not gonna happen.

9. dear god every other post became about what more can be put in for donations,....this is suppose to be a thread about "Blizzlike" realm...damn midgets. learn 2 enjoy the game how its supposed to be played....if u wana help server donate for mounts and vanity items ffs
    I don't think not agreeing with someone gives you right to be irrespectful like you are. Like Santori just said, I suggest you read through this thread and check the statements of some of Warmane's staff about the donations. Most people are just suggestings idea to try and complement/improve the basic ideas.

- No profession boosts
    - No realm transfer
    - No character rename
    - No heirlooms
    - No legendary items
    None of the previous ideas were contradicting any point of this list. Most people suggested to put even more restrictions than there already are, not remove them.

Warmane is creating a HARDCORE server - That means it's not for everyone! And ******s are going on about donor for this and donor for that. That's the whole reason why they are creating this server. So there is no easy way to get the best gear, and what's the point would be to make x1 if you could just buy level 80.
    Once again, I'd encourage you to go and read previous post, because nobody complained about not being to purchase instant 80 and most people are against the purchase of gear. The only thing is, since it's the most efficient way to sustain the server, why not try and make it as best as we can ?

Edit: Forgot a point I wanted to say, you have the meaning of Hardcore wrong, hardcore here isn't employed to mean hard and harsh, otherwise being blizzlike wouldn't suffice to be something Hardcore, here hardcore is :

But then again, the word "hardcore" is kind of relative and at the end of the day is designed attract more serious players.

10. I remember an old hire post when they were looking for a reverse software engineer... 4k $$$ per month....and another vacant position (i dont remember for what) for 2k $$$ per month....so I repeat...do u rly think to earn enough money with a spectral tiger?

they can remove the shop from lorderon kappa, but after ONLY who have donate can join that server. This can be a resonable solution for their mantein costs...

*I would love if the server could sustain itself through mount donations, but that is not gonna happen.
    I dont hide that i have don8 over 500$ honorable support....but I never bought a fukin mount....NEVER.....except vengeful mount or phoenix mount with VP...So...i think that the dream is real if u think to mantein a server with 4-5 mounts...

11. Ayame, you want people to donate to play on Lordaeron? This is not retail...

And not all of us can have such luxury and donate, people have bills and other stuff to use their money into...

12. Ayame, you want people to donate to play on Lordaeron? This is not retail...

And not all of us can have such luxury and donate, people have bills and other stuff to use their money into...
    Everything depend how a person want to spend his money, I mean u can go outside a friday or saturday and drink 3 beers or go outside saturday an not friday for 1 day and buy here a trinket...this could be a stupid example but it's what i mean. :)
    Btw i know that ppls have to pay bills/house rent/electricity/gas/food ecc...ecc....and i say it because i'm one of them...Unfortunatly i havent dad mastercard or mom american express....

13. Yes. I understand that, don't worry.

But that's not the point... Your suggestion is: Donate to play Lordaeron, I said this is not retail, where you have to buy a subscription to play. That won't be added, ever. This is a free Private-Server, don't forget that...

14. Yes. I understand that, don't worry.

But that's not the point... Your suggestion is: Donate to play Lordaeron, I said this is not retail, where you have to buy a subscription to play. That won't be added, ever. This is a free Private-Server, don't forget that...
    Obv a sub is nosense...what i want to say and i can bet my *** right know is that they wont earn any donation until lvl80. None will waste coins for lvl 60-70 equip, and at 80 they will have to put in market naxxramas itemz...Already with naxx they could make the trick...Tier7 and after tier7.5....

15. I remember back in 2010 when we played Frostwolf there were no donate options(just blizzard bear and some other vanity stuff) and no vote points pannel. There was dungeon finder as well. And It felt special, really. Levels mattered, even though it was 3x it was nice to see a high level.

The thing is, Frostwolf had a bad hosting machine(couldn't afford to pay more) so Kaer told us if we want no donations but a laggy server or donations with a good server. People chose the good server + donations. My point is, I would LOVE if Lordaeron was blizzlike while having a good machine but I don't know honestly..maybe the same thing could happen like it did in Frostwolf..

First ... 41495051525361101151 ... Last