1. If there aint anyone who addresses all of these suggestions, you could just close the thread and supply info as staff sees fit, cos as of now this thread is slowly becoming a place for ppl to bash each other.
    From the very first post in this thread (which also addressed the fact there will be some sort of very limited coin shop, because funds are needed to maintain a serious server):

"REQUESTED SUGGESTIONS
    - Gold drain mechanics to maintain competitive Auction House prices and a healthy realm economy in the long-term
    - Simple, minimal but effective ways to maintain long-term activity, population and world PvP in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor"

2. well bashing is what forums are for... idea upon idea, it is sure to sometime overlap some1 elses needs/beliefs/etc, so its fine :) no need to get hurt.
    what im really interested in, is if the thread helps the moderators in any way? i mean how rare is to see some gm comes and say "hey wtf its an awesome idea, we will implement it" xD
    Edited: August 7, 2015

3. From the very first post in this thread (which also addressed the fact there will be some sort of very limited coin shop, because funds are needed to maintain a serious server):

"REQUESTED SUGGESTIONS
    - Gold drain mechanics to maintain competitive Auction House prices and a healthy realm economy in the long-term
    - Simple, minimal but effective ways to maintain long-term activity, population and world PvP in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor"
    Gold drain can be good, but then ppl stack up on items and trade "X amount of (insert crafting ingredient here) for extremly rare (insert cosmetics or op gear here)" cos gold is scarce. Donors would still ruin the economy if they could get those items outside of the game. A promo or info about the "very limited coin shop" would also be nice :)

I would love to hear more about those ways to do the: "Simple, minimal but effective ways to maintain long-term activity and population" and im quite sure im not the only one who is waiting for that long awaited "daily update" from Kaer :D

4. From the very first post in this thread (which also addressed the fact there will be some sort of very limited coin shop, because funds are needed to maintain a serious server):
    Well I heard that story before....after the moltdown.....hmm....and what happened after that...Hmmm???

5. well bashing is what forums are for... idea upon idea, it is sure to sometime overlap some1 elses needs/beliefs/etc, so its fine :) no need to get hurt.
    what im really interested in, is if the thread helps the moderators in any way? i mean how rare is to see some gm comes and say "hey wtf its an awesome idea, we will implement it" xD
    Yea but the longer the time goes without any decisions about how the realm will be maintained the more upset ppl become here. I guess its the "not knowing" if they will be spending time on the realm or not that brings most frustration. Its only the p2w-factor me and my friends are waiting for info about.

If there will be any way others can get ahead of us by taking a shortcut with a credit-card the whole idea of a equal progressive realm is ruined in our eyes. We wont spend insane amounts of hours grinding and putting effort into a game that someone else can instawin with gear by donating.

That is our only and main concern, and i know others here feel the same way.

6. Yea but the longer the time goes without any decisions about how the realm will be maintained the more upset ppl become here. I guess its the "not knowing" if they will be spending time on the realm or not that brings most frustration. Its only the p2w-factor me and my friends are waiting for info about.

If there will be any way others can get ahead of us by taking a shortcut with a credit-card the whole idea of a equal progressive realm is ruined in our eyes. We wont spend insane amounts of hours grinding and putting effort into a game that someone else can instawin with gear by donating.

That is our only and main concern, and i know others here feel the same way.
    well i hate to think about it too, but i dont think there will be too many that do that... but there are always some "fanatics" guilds that all the players in there buy all the gear and hop.. realm first gone... thats what concerns me ^^ i wanna chance. but in the long run those 20 ppl doesnt really matter if the population is 3k-5k. but shadowmourne really really ruined the past lordaeron, at least its gone now from the shop (for now)

7. Well I heard that story before....after the moltdown.....hmm....and what happened after that...Hmmm???
    I don't deal with finances, but I'll hazard a guess here... the donations people made out of the goodness of their hearts or for cosmetic items just weren't enough to cover expenses, so we had to resort to stuff that did? Sounds plausible to you? Seems pretty realistic to me.

A while ago, in one of the Shadowmourne whine threads around, I made a hypothetical proposal to the people complaining about it being a donation item: the possibility of people to donate to keep someone else from getting that weapon. Same donation value as we'd get, and no coins or benefits beyond simply keeping someone else from getting it. Surprisingly, people didn't jump at the opportunity and started asking for it to happen, volunteering themselves to be the first ones taking part in it. Strange, isn't it?

People use "other games" as examples of surviving "just" on cosmetic items. The only problem is that's a lie. Those games always have more than that. It might be a "7 days x2 XP" or it might be 1-month long benefits or it might be crafting items, of which you usually need dozens, and it would take weeks of constant farming to get enough for an attempt at improving an item with a +1 (emphasis on "attempt," since on most of these games you have a chance of success, which funnily enough you can increase with other cash shop items). All of those are just time-savers - exactly like having a limited selection of items up for donations, when you're free to farm for them the old way. The curious thing is that, on those games, spending a hundred bucks into crafting items to allow you to save time isn't somehow seen as a pact with the Devil like people seem to treat it here.

On top of that, they have much, much larger playerbases. With enough players, you can maintain yourself even if only 1% of your players regularly spend cash with you. We don't have that luxury, though.

It's natural that people would rather have no coin shop at all, but also unrealistic.We have data on what coins are used, and I'm pretty sure those were looked into to determine that simply offering cosmetic items isn't enough to cover the costs of a server. Could it be different on Lordaeron? Who knows. Feel free to prove me wrong by suggesting an option to donate without getting coins, and then using it regularly.

8. I don't deal with finances, but I'll hazard a guess here... the donations people made out of the goodness of their hearts or for cosmetic items just weren't enough to cover expenses, so we had to resort to stuff that did? Sounds plausible to you? Seems pretty realistic to me.

A while ago, in one of the Shadowmourne whine threads around, I made a hypothetical proposal to the people complaining about it being a donation item: the possibility of people to donate to keep someone else from getting that weapon. Same donation value as we'd get, and no coins or benefits beyond simply keeping someone else from getting it. Surprisingly, people didn't jump at the opportunity and started asking for it to happen, volunteering themselves to be the first ones taking part in it. Strange, isn't it?

People use "other games" as examples of surviving "just" on cosmetic items. The only problem is that's a lie. Those games always have more than that. It might be a "7 days x2 XP" or it might be 1-month long benefits or it might be crafting items, of which you usually need dozens, and it would take weeks of constant farming to get enough for an attempt at improving an item with a +1 (emphasis on "attempt," since on most of these games you have a chance of success, which funnily enough you can increase with other cash shop items). All of those are just time-savers - exactly like having a limited selection of items up for donations, when you're free to farm for them the old way. The curious thing is that, on those games, spending a hundred bucks into crafting items to allow you to save time isn't somehow seen as a pact with the Devil like people seem to treat it here.

On top of that, they have much, much larger playerbases. With enough players, you can maintain yourself even if only 1% of your players regularly spend cash with you. We don't have that luxury, though.

It's natural that people would rather have no coin shop at all, but also unrealistic.We have data on what coins are used, and I'm pretty sure those were looked into to determine that simply offering cosmetic items isn't enough to cover the costs of a server. Could it be different on Lordaeron? Who knows. Feel free to prove me wrong by suggesting and option to donate without getting coins, and then using it regularly.
    u say u got no luxury to exist without coin shop and at the same time u got luxury to give up on advertising coz its ugly and discouraging? come on... or maybe there is other reason?
    and other servers just got less ppl in it so the costs are lowers, but most of them advertize. i still think u should check into the matter and see if u will get enough money with advertizing or not, and as u can see... ppl hate coin shop but u dont care (as it what keeps the server alive) , so why care about what ppl think about ads? :D its just something to think about, im not really 1 to tell u what to do, as i dont make the calls but i think the 1 making the decisions related to finances should look into it (and i hope it wont end in full ads and full coin shop xD)

9. u say u got no luxury to exist without coin shop and at the same time u got luxury to give up on advertising coz its ugly and discouraging? come on... or maybe there is other reason?
    and other servers just got less ppl in it so the costs are lowers, but most of them advertize. i still think u should check into the matter and see if u will get enough money with advertizing or not, and as u can see... ppl hate coin shop but u dont care , so why not care about what ppl think about ads? :D its just something to think about, im not really tell u what to do, as i dont make the calls but i think the 1 making the decisions related to finances should look into it (and i hope it wont end in full ads and full coin shop xD)
    I don't sell drugs to make a living, even if I'd be making much more money than I do.
    It doesn't means I don't need money simply because I have standards.

10. I don't deal with finances, but I'll hazard a guess here... the donations people made out of the goodness of their hearts or for cosmetic items just weren't enough to cover expenses, so we had to resort to stuff that did? Sounds plausible to you? Seems pretty realistic to me.

It's natural that people would rather have no coin shop at all, but also unrealistic.We have data on what coins are used, and I'm pretty sure those were looked into to determine that simply offering cosmetic items isn't enough to cover the costs of a server. Could it be different on Lordaeron? Who knows. Feel free to prove me wrong by suggesting an option to donate without getting coins, and then using it regularly.
    OFC we need a coinshop with gear to fund the server, but how and when can the donors get those? Before they do the stuff that drops it? THAT IS THE MAIN QUESTION!

11. I don't sell drugs to make a living, even if I'd be making much more money than I do.
    It doesn't means I don't need money simply because I have standards.
    by that comparison, google is the biggest drug dealer cartel in the world xD well but fine, no is a no.

EDIT:
    OFC we need a coinshop with gear to fund the server, but how and when can the donors get those? Before they do the stuff that drops it? THAT IS THE MAIN QUESTION!
    even i can understand that if they really wanna earn money from the coin shop, they cant limit it to doing bosses :) sad truth, but u know what scares me? that coz of the high costs in the coin shop no1 will buy anything and it will lead to drastic measures... and then we will need to pray for the return of the shadowmourne !!!!!
    i mean its like choosing between bad and worse? ^^

12. OFC we need a coinshop with gear to fund the server, but how and when can the donors get those? Before they do the stuff that drops it? THAT IS THE MAIN QUESTION!
    I don't have an answer to that. I'm not sure if it is even already fully decided or still being discussed.

by that comparison, google is the biggest drug dealer cartel in the world xD well but fine, no is a no.
    Their business model is centered around making money with advertisement. It's a so blatantly distinct one from what we have that I shouldn't even have to point it out.

13. How can you compare drugs with ads. It's like comparing aids with a small bruise. Forgive me but thay was really a strange example.
    The same way you can completely miss the point of it.
    And that's as far as I'll entertain your fear mongering drama.

14. ok for other matters... 1) i asked be4 about the aggro of mobs in the PTR... is it normal the mobs aggro at u from farther than usual? some ppl say it is bug, some say its coz u want to make it harder, but idk whats real and if put it in the bugtracker.
    2) the voidwalker pet is buggy too (and i guess every melee pet) - if u make command to attack, and while he is charging u hit the mob, the voidwalker just stops and u need to position urself near the voidwalker for him to attack. sometimes if u just press attack again he will charge again without problems, sometimes just stuck. thats all

15. ok for other matters... 1) i asked be4 about the aggro of mobs in the PTR... is it normal the mobs aggro at u from farther than usual? some ppl say it is bug, some say its coz u want to make it harder, but idk whats real and if put it in the bugtracker.
    Whats wrong with you? Its been answered already bout aggro
    "Depends if molten is using RADIUS AGGRO. If yes,then mobs start to attack you from a set distance
    If its working correctly or how it supposed to work (LOS system), mob should aggo you when they actually can see you, also with good LOS they cant shot through walls,cast spells/move through them etc. instead npc should run to find you when you los them.

First ... 1151596061626371111161 ... Last