1. Oh, cmon dont act all fussy over 1stupid guy. We love your interaction with us, keep it up please... its like as if you wont give cookies to any of the kids coz 1 is fat.
    The logic behind this post is hilarious! XD

2. I think this thread has served its purpose and should be closed. Any new information can be added to the OP or a new topic. Any other questions and concerns by the community can be put into a separate topic and closed/deleted as needed if it has already been brought up. The changelog idea is a good one.

This thread is going on long enough. Most of it has been arguing about transmog, when the realm will release, the pacing of the content release, custom content and donation rewards anyway. If you deleted every residual post after the first time each issue/question has been brought up this thread would be like 20 pages instead of 98.
    I'm all for this. I've appreciated mods like Yami and Obnoxious answering questions and, in some cases, shutting down paranoia, but there are too many people who refuse to look to see if their questions are already asked, ignore the original post and the pieces of it, or are downright disrespectful. I believe the intent of this thread was to collect ideas from the community, but I think the repetitive ignorance is beginning to outweigh the useful considerations.

3. Spoiler: Show
    Im done giving out information about the realm. If all you do is misunderstand stuff and quote parts of the comment you like to create confusion then this is the best course of action. I only said its a "beta" because it fits the definition at this point
    "a trial of machinery, software or other products in the final stages of development, carried out by a party unconnected with the development process"
    Is Lordaeron a Public TEST realm at the moment, yes. Will it be forever, NO. Once its released its a complete product and no longer a test, we will work on improving it and using it to improve the other realms.

This is also why the timings i mention are only examples, they are subject to change as Northrend is 3 months away at this moment. There is plenty of time to polish up the ideas and come up with something beneficial to all

Done, no more updates from me. If someone wants to see the progress of stuff being fixed then perhaps we may open a changelog or something. Being open about content and giving out info about the fixes and plans doesn't mean you are allowed to misuse that
    Yes please open a changelog :) There are always people who still abuse anything they can. I loved your information posts, as did many others I think (but when one is doing fine he won't let hear of himself, only when he sees trouble). I hope the *****s can finally shut up now, and I do agree that it might be better to not say things anymore (how sad it may be, for the well being of some people its the best).
    can only agree Martij. A developer made an attempt to include us all in behind the scene information tidbits minute by minute...info that you will not come close to finding on any other server ...Not minute by minute and day by day at any rate.....
    Nonetheless ; and aside from the embarrassment felt for the abusers :
    The majority commend your attempts. I feel i speak for most all of us when i say Thanks for it.
    Yeah i think it's a good idea... People draw conclusions way too fast and speculate into random bull****! Mods should just redirect the people with questions to the original post (the answer) to their question instead of dealing with *****s. Glad to see you give out a lot of information and other stuff about the realm and would gladly have a similar way of a changelog.
    I'm all for this. I've appreciated mods like Yami and Obnoxious answering questions and, in some cases, shutting down paranoia, but there are too many people who refuse to look to see if their questions are already asked, ignore the original post and the pieces of it, or are downright disrespectful. I believe the intent of this thread was to collect ideas from the community, but I think the repetitive ignorance is beginning to outweigh the useful considerations.

I second all of what has been said. I keep checking this thread regularly, purely for Yami's updates, but lately most of what I find is bickering, people asking the same questions over and over of which the answers are already in the OP, or they go on and on about a topic which has already been addressed. I just find myself sighing each time I come here looking for news. To be honest, I just scroll through the pages now looking for a yellow name tag and see if it has an update written next to it.

I can understand the frustration coming from those who try to keep this thread useful for us. Lots of work to be done, and on top of that having to deal with the community. Responses have always been like this and so it will remain. Not all mean wrong or are deliberately annoying - or in some cases are so wacko you'd think their only connection to the outside world is through an internet connection from an insane asylum.

Changelog would be great, if it's not too much trouble.

Thanks from me as well for the updates regarding Lordaeron. Still looking forward to the release = )

4. And that question has been asnwered 10 times, yet you refuse to comprehend and/or continue to ask stupid questions/make up stupid scenarios.

5. I don't get why pointing out our opinion about the dynamic progression mentioned by Codenamed should be adressed as staff disrespect. We all know these updates are not official statements and many changes may still come til the release of Lordaeron but if the GMs are trying to get some kind of feedback from the community we should explain our point of view in the first place, right?

I mean, many players are considering the chance to return here (myself in the first place) and we are trying to create competitive guilds in order to enjoy the progression sistem. Since the hype about Lordaeron is really high, many players are even considering the chance to donate real money to the server just to skip the queue. These are points you should consider to understand our questions. There's no need to be rude or judgemental with us (I'm not speaking about Codenamed or any other GM, but about those players who are electing themself to the higher planes of the moral sistem here).
    Edited: August 25, 2015

6. Hi guys , actually if we create a character Is this than the character will delete or not when open lordaeron

7. Hi guys , actually if we create a character Is this than the character will delete or not when open lordaeron
    Try to read the other posts please or, at least, u should look at the server welcome message when u enter.

If u create a char in Lordaeron it will be deleted when the PTR will be closed and the official realm will be released. (25 Sept)

8. Try to read the other posts please or, at least, u should look at the server welcome message when u enter.

If u create a char in Lordaeron it will be deleted when the PTR will be closed and the official realm will be released. (25 Sept)
    \
    They should make a massive banner on top of the page saying that :D Its getting really annoying :D

9. Hm why don't you guys do like blizz did, but just reduce the time of the content? Blizz did for each season last like 3 months, on warmane you could do like for 1 month and 15 days minimun and then you could apply the dynamic system. But my idea is for example if in 1 month and 15 days a guild could clear all the bosses on the raid of the tier or if 3vs3 team could reach 2k rating then after that period ends the realm will be updated to the next tier and season. If the any guild couldn't kill all the bosses of the raid and if a 3vs3 team couldn't reach that 2k rating, then you would wait more 15 days, so the ppl have a maximun of 2 months period to clear the season and tier. That way it would have the dynamic system witout punishing any elements or/and a group of players?

10. I don't get why pointing out our opinion about the dynamic progression mentioned by Codenamed should be adressed as staff disrespect. We all know these updates are not official statements and many changes may still come til the release of Lordaeron but if the GMs are trying to get some kind of feedback from the community we should explain our point of view in the first place, right?
    Pan im thinking its not a prob to want more info..we ALL want more info - info about many many details and aspects. And most of us realize that we must display some sort of self-restraint, no matter how impatient we are. Not too mention that CLEARY some of the details we want want want right F'in NOW- not even the devs know.... they dont know exact specifics.
    and there resides the problem.
    If i wish to buy a 2018 corvette, that the developers are still working on, and wish to know more about how they propose to eliminate heat buildup in the #8 cylinder bank - when its clear theyre not quite sure on how theyre gonna do it> do i DEMAND to see the ceo of chevy right this second; or i will slander chevy to the ground??

most of us probably wouldnt...its called couth.

-and im wholeheartedly not intending to be rude or judgemental - but i hope that answers your question

11. Really awesome server.. pretty dead at the moment for obvious reasons but my questing experience from 1 - 11 as a Night Elf Druid has been enjoyable, only encountered a single bugged quest. Will be brilliant once its released!

12. Really awesome server.. pretty dead at the moment for obvious reasons but my questing experience from 1 - 11 as a Night Elf Druid has been enjoyable, only encountered a single bugged quest. Will be brilliant once its released!
    Here is the place to report bugged quests

13. Here is the place to report bugged quests
    Not really... Here is the place https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker (under Lordaeron category)

14. Oh, cmon dont act all fussy over 1stupid guy. We love your interaction with us, keep it up please... its like as if you wont give cookies to any of the kids coz 1 is fat.
    that made my day lol

15. Hello warmane community, for myself the time has come to share my toughs about this new realm, and because I really love retail like realms it will be a longer post.

First of all, I definitely see custom PvP objectives not necessary. On a fresh 1x rate there will be a lot of PvP interaction during lvling in contested zones, especially some with PvP objectives, as long as they work, zones like plaguelands and most of outland zones will be full of PvP action, everybody will want to claim bonuses there so I do not see issue with PvP for first few months. After that and for lvl 80 action, there is no bigger PvP objective than Wintergrasp, as long as that will work there will be plenty of PvP action even months or year after realm release. To make this more intensive, slow release of season content (here I suggest classic 3 month season as a long term solution) will have positive impact on PvP too.
    In overall, as long as retail PvP content will work, there's no need for custom content for long time.

Next closely tied to the paragraph above, RDF and RBG, these are very useful but should be released as end game content, there is no need for them before lvl 80 and possible ICC release. Not only it will make early lvling regular experience, also it will allow players for more interaction with other, forming guilds and so on. In fact despite it is being a part of retail experience one and of really good things, it release should be tied with realm final stage, their release should be at least 3 or 6 months after launch and after that they should be available to all lvls. Realm first achievements would be the THING.

Also I read a lot about gold economy and some custom restrictions, as long as only gold sources will be in game (no gold for coins), with 1x rate it will take long time to really make economy grow, farming up first gold for mounts is really a pain, not to mention flying mounts or cold weather flying, it is nothing easy to achieve early on and especially because it is supposed to be completely new realm where ppl start from nothing, gold dump will be needed only months after realm release, here some custom content would help. Actually I would recommend allowing to exchange gold for donor currency (coins) on this real for quite high rates, maybe about 2000 or 5000 gold per coin, if anyone ever had too much gold it would be well spend for him (and if that would mean you could get donor items for 40 - 100 thousands gold, It would be quite legit for 1x rate realm).

Regarding other options, realm transfer must never be available unless you make exactly same realm duo to population issues. Faction change should be available for coins and so race change, name change, I think, will be up to community to decide in time, for myself, I don't need it. I really like requirements for lower lvl gear achievements to obtain higher gear with coins, the realm needs it funding so if ppl really want to donate for all the gear they will fund the server for next month :)
    But one thing I would ask here for those who go for retail like wotlk, enable marketplace only after all content is released, leave server for month on it's own progress (progress restrictions are really not enough in this case).
    You might think that stuff like this is going to ruin, well if people want to pay money monthly they will play retail no matter what expansion there is after all, but even I would donate at some point and most of people will throw some coin into their fun at the end and for a good reason.

The only thing I'm afraid is that things will not work as they should, instances being impossible to complete and content like wintergrasp not working, any realm with such things working would be epic experience.
    At the end there is only one thing which will decide realm success, it is gameplay experience. As long as dev team is able to make each raid work as it should, bg correctly working and in overall, everything being like it is supposed to be without bugs, the realm will succeed and will find it's players, there are very few servers with such complex realms.

I wish best of luck to the dev team to make this happen, I'm looking forward to it.

First ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... Last