1. If the reason for releasing the different continents one by one are to buy the devs some extra time to fix up Northrend, (and let us skirmish in some semi-functioning Azeroth/Outland meanwhile) then just take the time you need to sort things out and when ready, release the entire thing as a whole not like a bad childrens puzzle in three bits. As many have concluded before me, some classes will be extremely clunky and awkward to play (due to the cut of talent tree) and same goes for the in game world; there is absolutely no freaking way that the devs will re-script all the vanilla/tbc instances AS WELL as Northrend, so why do we even bother trying to make this seem like a logical solution, and instead focus ALL our manpower on Northrend, and to restore it to it's former (retail) glory.

PS: Update the original post if any changes have occured. As you can see the community have had their fair bit to say,which should be taken with a grain of salt the least. Keep it clean, forge this realm in the image of retail, nothing less nothing more.

Cheers.

2. I am fine with most of the things mentioned here, and i know nobody cares for my oppinion, but please - open Icc without the buff, atleast for a few weeks, just like it was on blizzard. I understand you want the noobs to be happy, but some of us want that blizzlike feeling and Icc is worth the tryharding. Otherwise you will have 10 guilds which clean Icc in the first week and then we are just another "usual" realm, which has lower rates and the rest is the same.

3. Hey, I like the idea of 1x progressive realm with limited pay-to-win access and all. Just one thing I'm wondering about, why will the dungeon finder be disabled?

4. Hey, I like the idea of 1x progressive realm with limited pay-to-win access and all. Just one thing I'm wondering about, why will the dungeon finder be disabled?
    why do we even need it? I've been on PTR for ~2 weeks, there are about 15 horde players online any given time. I've found groups for RFC, WC, SFK and just did BFD today. all without dungeon finder. if you want everything to be handed to you, why not play MoP?

5. If the reason for releasing the different continents one by one are to buy the devs some extra time to fix up Northrend, (and let us skirmish in some semi-functioning Azeroth/Outland meanwhile) then just take the time you need to sort things out and when ready, release the entire thing as a whole not like a bad childrens puzzle in three bits. As many have concluded before me, some classes will be extremely clunky and awkward to play (due to the cut of talent tree) and same goes for the in game world; there is absolutely no freaking way that the devs will re-script all the vanilla/tbc instances AS WELL as Northrend, so why do we even bother trying to make this seem like a logical solution, and instead focus ALL our manpower on Northrend, and to restore it to it's former (retail) glory.

PS: Update the original post if any changes have occured. As you can see the community have had their fair bit to say,which should be taken with a grain of salt the least. Keep it clean, forge this realm in the image of retail, nothing less nothing more.

Cheers.
    The plan for this server is to also have old content >.<

6. Gold Sink Ideas (didn't read all 29 pages, so maybe some duplicates here):

- Increase auction house cuts on first two days after reset when people are most actively using AH

- Allow the purchase of character levels for ALTs via gold (once you have at least one 80, you can buy levels for your alts...maybe even proportionally to XP required so 79 to 80 costs more than 40 to 41, etc) --> Important distinction: don’t make it viable to purchase straight to 80 – only useful to “get over the hump” on the couple zones you are stuck at, or don’t want to repeat again, or to push to 80 when almost there, etc

- Allow players to use gold to learn flight path locations without having to travel there (particularly for alts again)

- Allow players to use gold to purchase a goodie bag like the one-time one we got previously where the reward can vary anywhere from a random blue item to emblems (or perhaps coins/points). I'm thinking of a cool-down of one week, and have a set list of prizes for the week and lowering the cost of the goodie bag as the better prizes are awarded (so very expensive on reset day, but gets cheaper as the week goes on when better prizes are awarded). Awards needs to be published so players know "what they're missing" by not playing.

- Allow players to use gold to create guilds without needing signatures (for private guild bank characters, etc)

- Create a vendor for unobtainable pets that sell for significant amount of gold for the collectors to spend on (even if offered in points store)

- Accounts that are stagnant for more than a week suffer a 1% gold penalty for being inactive each week until they sign on again

Generally, looking for ideas that don’t break the general spirit of “blizz-like” but still actually remove gold from the economy (not simply transferring to another toon). I don’t necessarily support allowing players to purchase raid-level gear, as it will immediately end that raids appeal to new alts/players. That being said, maybe having a vendor sell 80-level blue BOP items (for rather significant gold) after Ulduar is released is reasonable to me.
    So the plan of this server is to make **** more difficult....and you want people to buy levels? gear? and flight paths? ... for gold??? what?
    Also 1% of gold lose per inactive week is really fair towards those who can't play often...not...
    Goodie bags where a simply friendly thing from warmane to all players, not some random lottery you do once a week.

- Increase auction house cuts on first two days after reset when people are most actively using AH
    What...?

7. New Lord Server

while i kind of like the idea of starting fresh and maybe their is a plan set in place already for this (havent been around in 4 months or read anything so excuse me if this is already been explained) what happens once icc comes out for this realm? rather what happens after its fully caught up with rag and DW? will it just sit at ICC for its life?

I would like to see something like this: start fresh every 2 years. its the exact time we had in retail to do the expansion. at the end if people want they can xfer those toons to ragnaros or DW free of charge. Then wipe the server and start over again. This way its not just stuck at ICC for forever. kind of like seasons in diablo 3.

just my 2 cents. like i said maybe its already been discussed i havent read much on it as i just came back today.

8. why do we even need it? I've been on PTR for ~2 weeks, there are about 15 horde players online any given time. I've found groups for RFC, WC, SFK and just did BFD today. all without dungeon finder. if you want everything to be handed to you, why not play MoP?
    It's not about having "everything" (wtf?) handed to me, DF is just a nice feature, makes looking for groups very smooth and WAY faster. I'm pretty sure you've had good experience finding groups via chat, I'm happy for you and stuff, but I don't see it as a reason for DF to be disabled so I'm just wondering why. It's not feedback, just question out of curiosity.

9. Im sorry to ruin it for you guys but there is NOTHING they can do to stop ppl from speed-rushing wotlk unless they make it custom made, which doesnt make it blizzlike. But i guess it already is not blizzlike since they want to implement eplaguelands. Either way you can have a blizzlike realm or a custom made one to alter populations activity but then again its blizzards fault they made it this way ( to keep ppl in durotar-dalaran-ev forest.) From what i've seen this formula of separated content will only work for 3-5 months and then we will again have the same good ol' molten wotlk. The community which doesnt do anything but sitting in durotar and braging about their achievements which are outdated for years. Heck these guys have done ICC so many time already that they can do it again without any problems. Dont get me wrong u got some good plans there but nothing big which would change the wotlk we know now.

P.S Sinking gold wont help at all since there are ppl who are sitting 24/7 on AH making tons of gold altering AH in general. At some point of time a bottleneck will appear again since after some time ppl get loaded with items and gold they simply cant spend. Now, if u allow them to buy gear for their alts, its the same shi* as letting them to use coins/points. Which means they will pump their alts with items bought with gold. Another version of pay to win since there are various ways to get gold. Kind of sleazy solution.

In the end all u get is a bit altered wotlk content, almost the same one u had before, but this time they will put in something juicy to make u play, heck its 1x which will keep ur chair warm. At the end of the day its the same soda in a different bottle.
    Edited: July 15, 2015

10. So the plan of this server is to make **** more difficult....and you want people to buy levels? gear? and flight paths? ... for gold??? what?
    Also 1% of gold lose per inactive week is really fair towards those who can't play often...not...
    Goodie bags where a simply friendly thing from warmane to all players, not some random lottery you do once a week.

What...?
    Re-read my post...you clearly read it too fast. I won't fault you for it, though -- it was a wall of text. Please, respectfully, try again.

To your specific comments...
    Purchasing a couple levels for an ALT (you know, your second toon implying you did it all once without such perks available to you) to skip past Terran Mill, a maybe few hubs in Eastern Plaguelands, or worst-case even the entire Hellfire Peninsula or something is hardly breaking with that spirit. I was implying that the cost to do so in gold should be large enough to only be attractive to those who've already got stores of gold doing nothing but inflate the economy, and did not mean an instant 80 mechanism. Furthermore, having these as options might entice more people to level more alts keeping the low-level population refreshed periodically to allow for groups with low-level instances, etc, all while keeping the economy healthy.

TL:DR: Suggesting options to take gold out of the economy without making it a pay-to-win. I didn't mean that everyone of those should be included.

11. I've said before - read "hardcore" as "hardcore old school," not as "permanent death, rush-to-glory." The aim of Lordaeron is to be a place for people who want to revive the "good ol' days" of World of Warcraft, not attract "pro-gamers" that will speedrun the content. While it's true that it's possible for people to rush and be at one of the temporary soft caps in a few days, they will be putting themselves in the supposed "nothing to do" situation. Rushing is a choice, and this server isn't being tailored to cater to rushers as far as I know, but to people who want to experience it all.
    Well, there are 2 point of views here:

#1: Players who has played on retail and stopped playing when cata came out since it was considered trash by MANY will be storming in to replay their favorite expansion in a blizz-like environment.

#2: The Hardcore players from the other WotLK-realms who knows everything about wow in and out and want that world-first (insert achievement here).

The server will attract both.

I can tell u, im one of the players who will lvl up a few chars and do as much content as i can on each expansion. Ive never been a "main" kinda guy, i play the class i like for the day, so this progressive part is perfect for someone like me who will have the time to get alot of stuff done.

I would suggest u put the time between expansion-release in stone since most of this treads questions is about how long the time between releases will be.
    Maby make a poll to see what the community thinks is a good time to get rdy for new expansions?

Great job so far :D

12. Well, there are 2 point of views here:

#1: Players who has played on retail and stopped playing when cata came out since it was considered trash by MANY will be storming in to replay their favorite expansion in a blizz-like environment.

#2: The Hardcore players from the other WotLK-realms who knows everything about wow in and out and want that world-first (insert achievement here).

The server will attract both.

I can tell u, im one of the players who will lvl up a few chars and do as much content as i can on each expansion. Ive never been a "main" kinda guy, i play the class i like for the day, so this progressive part is perfect for someone like me who will have the time to get alot of stuff done.

I would suggest u put the time between expansion-release in stone since most of this treads questions is about how long the time between releases will be.
    Maby make a poll to see what the community thinks is a good time to get rdy for new expansions?

Great job so far :D
    im agree with u, the team warame should do a poll , because too many people have high expectations abouth this real and we need a reply abouth the time among the expansions, so they should listen us

13. Im sorry to ruin it for you guys but there is NOTHING they can do to stop ppl from speed-rushing wotlk unless they make it custom made, which doesnt make it blizzlike. But i guess it already is not blizzlike since they want to implement eplaguelands. Either way you can have a blizzlike realm or a custom made one to alter populations activity but then again its blizzards fault they made it this way ( to keep ppl in durotar-dalaran-ev forest.) From what i've seen this formula of separated content will only work for 3-5 months and then we will again have the same good ol' molten wotlk. The community which doesnt do anything but sitting in durotar and braging about their achievements which are outdated for years. Heck these guys have done ICC so many time already that they can do it again without any problems. Dont get me wrong u got some good plans there but nothing big which would change the wotlk we know now.

P.S Sinking gold wont help at all since there are ppl who are sitting 24/7 on AH making tons of gold altering AH in general. At some point of time a bottleneck will appear again since after some time ppl get loaded with items and gold they simply cant spend. Now, if u allow them to buy gear for their alts, its the same shi* as letting them to use coins/points. Which means they will pump their alts with items bought with gold. Another version of pay to win since there are various ways to get gold. Kind of sleazy solution.

In the end all u get is a bit altered wotlk content, almost the same one u had before, but this time they will put in something juicy to make u play, heck its 1x which will keep ur chair warm. At the end of the day its the same soda in a different bottle.
    When I first saw the informations about this realm, I thought it would be made so that every time you make a toon you'd have to go through all the raids to unlock gear for the next tier again, so I think that if it goes this way it won't turn out the same way as other molten wrath realms because every raid of the expansion are kept alive and have to be done by everyone to go forward, even though some people may dislike the idea of redoing everything for every character they make, I think this was what the realm was about.

So anyway, from my point of view this won't be like other molten realms where the only content you see are 5 man frozen-halls dungeons, ToC and ICC.
    Edited: July 16, 2015 Reason: quote

14. When I first saw the informations about this realm, I thought it would be made so that every time you make a toon you'd have to go through all the raids to unlock gear for the next tier again, so I think that if it goes this way it won't turn out the same way as other molten wrath realms because every raid of the expansion are kept alive and have to be done by everyone to go forward, even though some people may dislike the idea of redoing everything for every character they make, I think this was what the realm was about.

So anyway, from my point of view this won't be like other molten realms where the only content you see are 5 man frozen-halls dungeons, ToC and ICC.
    Do you srsly believe that 1 2months is going to make ppl play old content. Maybe a lil part of the popularion but the rest are going to twink. Ppl playing kharazan or SSC? Haha i really hope they do but i doubt it. At first it is going to be fresh and something new but later on it becomes molten wotlk again. You need bigger changes and id rather play on s lil bit custom made (but fair) server than playing old wotlk over and over again

15. Do you srsly believe that 1 2months is going to make ppl play old content. Maybe a lil part of the popularion but the rest are going to twink. Ppl playing kharazan or SSC? Haha i really hope they do but i doubt it. At first it is going to be fresh and something new but later on it becomes molten wotlk again. You need bigger changes and id rather play on s lil bit custom made (but fair) server than playing old wotlk over and over again
    I'm sorry I expressed my thoughts poorly, I meant to say that the Wrath content will have to be redone for every toon, not every single raiding content of every expansion (and it doesn't even make sense because after those 2months wrath content will be open).
    I didn't say anything about people playing old content.

I believe the main purpose of making TBC and Wrath content available after some time is to let a lot more people time to level and ready up for the wrath content, rather than opening everything at once and having some people rushing towards the raiding.

It also helps a lot of people who don't play as much and would be left behind leveling (and to some extent let the devs fix last things in Northrend) but is by no means supposed to force player to do all the raiding content of those expansions to advance to the Wrath content, otherwise the time between Classic, TBC, and Wrath content release would have to be MUCH longer.

When I read "old-school hardcore" written by the staff members as how hardcore should be interpreted, I also think about competition, because this realm, while also targetting people who just want an experience as close as possible to the Wrath expansion as a whole (!).

It also targets player who enjoy to play competitively, who wants to challenge themselves throughout a whole expansion worth of content on a fresh realm where all the firsts achievement are yet to be obtained and where almost everyone have their chances to be part of the race (thus the delayed release).

These are the main populations targeted by this brand new realm in my opinion, feel free to correct me if you think i'm wrong.
    Edited: July 16, 2015 Reason: formatting

First ... 2028293031324080130 ... Last