1. I'm sorry for your previous WOW experience keyboardhero. I don't think you understand what a donation is. A donation is basically giving to charity; you should never expect something in return because then it is not a donation, but a sales transaction. There are circumstances where a large donation would warrant something like putting your name on a plaque or naming a building after you, but that is something that the receiver of the donation does on behalf.

A thank you mail is just that, "thank your for your charity donation".

Thinking realistically, the server could not and will not live on donations alone. Hell I'd be surprised if donations paid for more than 15-25% of the server cost.

2. Now I just have a question, with the progressive release of content, while the level cap is 60 and 70, the city guards will have downgrade in their levels too? While the cap isn't 80?

3. I'm sorry for your previous WOW experience keyboardhero. I don't think you understand what a donation is. A donation is basically giving to charity; you should never expect something in return because then it is not a donation, but a sales transaction. There are circumstances where a large donation would warrant something like putting your name on a plaque or naming a building after you, but that is something that the receiver of the donation does on behalf.

A thank you mail is just that, "thank your for your charity donation".

Thinking realistically, the server could not and will not live on donations alone. Hell I'd be surprised if donations paid for more than 15-25% of the server cost.
    i know what donation is and what is charity but here is the thing molten/warmane isnt charity ( http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/charity ) you would be suprised how much money molten made by now if you would investigate on internet a little and i call it "donations" but we both know what they rly are you even named it perfectly sales transaction but they are called donations here so it sounds more pleasant to your ears and brain and no controversy is involved
    Just check the salaries that are offered to devs and coders for scripting n other things what the hell dude those are some big numbers for a private server to offer what charity we talk about (i see now in we are hiring topic on forum salaries are deleted so ppl dont see how much money is offered montly)

4. Hi, Keyboard, I remember you on the other server where we played 5 years ago. How are you?

Well, about donations, let them start do what they want to do, let's see what it will end up. Its too early to talk about that, because the realm isn't even released yet. So we can only wait how it will go within maybe 6 months, maybe 1 year or so.

5. We've had Fun realms so far and now going on the opposite extreme.

What's the point in going over the top? Go blizz-like and it should be perfect.

Leave the dungeon finder. You can't force people into socializing if they don't want to. While in principle it's a good thing, you can't force that on people.

Why no hairlooms? If you reach max level and want to grind for hairlooms I don't see a reason why they should not be permited. Close down the POINTS and the COINS all together and everything should be fine.

Race/Faction change should be available for a cost (real money), or open it for free when you need to balance out the factions.

6. Will the realm first titles be implemented?

7. We've had Fun realms so far and now going on the opposite extreme.

What's the point in going over the top? Go blizz-like and it should be perfect.

Leave the dungeon finder. You can't force people into socializing if they don't want to. While in principle it's a good thing, you can't force that on people.

Why no hairlooms? If you reach max level and want to grind for hairlooms I don't see a reason why they should not be permited. Close down the POINTS and the COINS all together and everything should be fine.

Race/Faction change should be available for a cost (real money), or open it for free when you need to balance out the factions.
    I believe an MMORPG is to incentivate people to communicate and to interact with each other, or else you have a single-player game with online feature and I think it's not healthy for the game. Imo, the player should adapt to the game, not the other way around.
    Edited: August 2, 2015

8. Are the all Characters gonna get wiped after the PTR ends?

9. Are the all Characters gonna get wiped after the PTR ends?
    Obviously. It's a PTR :/

10. If u want to have limited coin shop with high coin cost to make it rare, add vote points to price. Like an item cost 50 coins + 300 vote points or so. Would take much more time to get full sets for ppl cause of vote points needed. Like this limatation are even less nedded.

11. Will the realm first titles be implemented?
    Well probably when they enable Northrend.

12. I'm currently installing the wotlk client. Are you able to play on the Lordaeron PTR right now? If so, do you need to download another client to play?

13. Those 3 points are what we are talking about, and its the most important for the server to maintain a equal setting for everyone who joins it, may it be donor or non-donor. Staff has already figured out how to maintain the server, and that is by selling gear. What me and a lot of others has been trying to say is that there need to be a way to make sure that once u reach lvl 60-70-80, u cant just go into the store and become realms first by credit-card. Ofc these guys should be able to get gear. It just a question about what gear they should be able to get so they dont get to far ahead of the others. Its still a x1 realm, so gearing up will take a long time for most ppl.

I believe that upgrading gear is out of the question and instead put a achievement-block on the coin-shop to make sure that ppl have to work their way up to that point in the game where they can get these items either with effort and grinding, or buy them if they rather do that. That would be equal, and it would make sure that non-donors have a higher chance at getting that item next run since the donor bought it after last raid.

The staff wants suggestions and feedback. They have said so themselves. Bashing others cos your opinion about their suggestions is fukked up aint nice. Your words mean nothing since u dont contribute in any way. Instead you could come up with something others might not have thought about, that would make donations be worthwhile.
    Well i have made quite a few suggestions already but i did that on things that i know about and can acctualy help the staff.Blabbing about will server maintain itself via donations is not a thing that i want to comment.First i dont want to coment about some things that arent mine to comment.Will server be proffitable and will it earn for itself should be the thing for staff to consider.I donated a few times on molten and i never bought any item off of it coz this game shouldnt work like that.
    I didnt bash no1 here but the guy i quoted is doing his best via his comments so that coin shop gets fully opened.Read betwen lines a bit and dont just blindly read the comments.His every post is actualy about donations and how will server maintain itself if coin shop is to be limited coz who will buy "useless cosmetics"
    Well i guess ppl who enjoy playing the game and who acctualy want to achieve something ingame and not on warmane forum will donate for "useless stuff"
    Atleast i will

PS:Mixner u liked quite a few of my suggestions earler but it seems that your memory isnt that good

14. If u want to have limited coin shop with high coin cost to make it rare, add vote points to price. Like an item cost 50 coins + 300 vote points or so. Would take much more time to get full sets for ppl cause of vote points needed. Like this limatation are even less nedded.
    This is actually a rly good idea, that would limit purchases alot at start.

15. Well i have made quite a few suggestions already but i did that on things that i know about and can acctualy help the staff.Blabbing about will server maintain itself via donations is not a thing that i want to comment.First i dont want to coment about some things that arent mine to comment.Will server be proffitable and will it earn for itself should be the thing for staff to consider.I donated a few times on molten and i never bought any item off of it coz this game shouldnt work like that.
    I didnt bash no1 here but the guy i quoted is doing his best via his comments so that coin shop gets fully opened.Read betwen lines a bit and dont just blindly read the comments.His every post is actualy about donations and how will server maintain itself if coin shop is to be limited coz who will buy "useless cosmetics"
    Well i guess ppl who enjoy playing the game and who acctualy want to achieve something ingame and not on warmane forum will donate for "useless stuff"
    Atleast i will

PS:Mixner u liked quite a few of my suggestions earler but it seems that your memory isnt that good
    Yea, i went back about 30 pages and read your posts, and ur right. U and me started off quite nice but i see that we both has become quite aggressive in defending our opinions :D

Sry for my harsh words.

I can see that u share the same vision as me of a retail-like realm, and i guess we both know that aint gonna happen when server only can be maintained with donations. And ofc by donations i mean coin-shopping.

My biggest fear is that the server will lose more than half of its ppl the second someone takes a "shortcut" by credit card. I dont want to put effort in getting a few chars to max lvl to see server-population go down, cos the non-donors feel like its far better to go on an x10 realm instead. All i want is some sort of equality between donors and non-donors so the gameplay becomes smooth and less elitist like frostwolf with all the donorbashers going haywire in global.

Even tho warmane might go x10 on prices on the coin-shop, there will still be those that can AND will get full gear no matter the cost if they can. Fair / unfair can be discussed :P

First ... 444525354555664104154 ... Last