1. 1. I believe that's the idea (or at least one of them), hence the balancing of PvE and PvP content Codenamed has talked about (and received flak for it);
    Pretty sure you misunderstod that, he meant a specific player needs to have a previous achievement before unlocking the next raid, like say, you need to have all previous raids prior to ICC to be allowed to enter ICC.. I think this is a bad suggestion, simply because in time it's going to be harder and harder to find a group for "obsolete" raids...

2. Pretty sure you misunderstod that, he meant a specific player needs to have a previous achievement before unlocking the next raid, like say, you need to have all previous raids prior to ICC to be allowed to enter ICC.. I think this is a bad suggestion, simply because in time it's going to be harder and harder to find a group for "obsolete" raids...
    I was just addressing the general idea of having a "truly progressive" release based on player activity, not on a set date. "True progress" on a multiplayer game is based on the community, not on individual achievements, as far as World of Warcraft goes. But yeah, I guess I should have made it more clear the intention is to have it progressive, just not the way he wants.

3. Pretty sure you misunderstod that, he meant a specific player needs to have a previous achievement before unlocking the next raid, like say, you need to have all previous raids prior to ICC to be allowed to enter ICC.. I think this is a bad suggestion, simply because in time it's going to be harder and harder to find a group for "obsolete" raids...
    it would solidify the decision to stay in a guild instead of guild hopping.

4. Eternal Progression with Backwards Compatibility

I think this is a bad suggestion, simply because in time it's going to be harder and harder to find a group for "obsolete" raids...
    Thanks for the feedback. I do not get your point. My suggestion aims to require previously accomplished player achievements to progress further, but in this approach you can always re-do raids that you qualify to do, as many times as you want, and this, of course, includes all previously done raids as well.

I was just addressing the general idea of having a "truly progressive" release based on player activity, not on a set date. "True progress" on a multiplayer game is based on the community, not on individual achievements, as far as World of Warcraft goes. But yeah, I guess I should have made it more clear the intention is to have it progressive, just not the way he wants.
    Thanks for taking the time to address my suggestions. AFAIK the planned progression is based on time-boxes tight to the release of the realm:

Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor release at launch
    Outland release 1 month after launch
    Northrend release 2 months after launch
    Would Kaer's progression design mean that someone that starts playing on Lordaeron after 6 months of its release will have access to all the WotLK content straightforward? If so, IMHO it will not be truly progressive, but rather temporarily [a period of 3 months after launch] progressive. Nonetheless, it is a matter of terminology and I think it is not so relevant in the end.

What I suggested [coined constant and eternal progression by other private server], which is not a novel idea, forces/requires the players to do all raids progressively based on their current achievements (e.g., if you want to enter Ulduar 10 players, you require to have The Fall of Naxxramas 10 players; similarly, you need to have The Fall of Naxxramas 25 players if you wish to enter Ulduar 25 players; and so on). It is really a hardcore progression approach because you have to make raids with players that fulfill these requirements, independently when they started their journey on Lordaeron, to be able to move forward [content-wise].
    Edited: September 3, 2015

5. Thanks for the feedback. I do not get your point. My suggestion aims to require previously accomplished player achievements to progress further, but in this approach you can always re-do raids that you qualify to do, as many times as you want, and this, of course, includes all previously done raids as well.

Thanks for taking the time to address my suggestions. AFAIK the planned progression is based on time-boxes tight to the release of the realm:

Would Kaer's progression design mean that someone that starts playing on Lordaeron after 6 months of its release will have access to all the WotLK content straightforward? If so, IMHO it will not be truly progressive, but rather temporarily [a period of 3 months after launch] progressive. Nonetheless, it is a matter of terminology and I think it is not so relevant in the end.

What I suggested [coined constant and eternal progression by other private server], which is not a novel idea, forces/requires the players to do all raids progressively based on their current achievements (e.g., if you want to enter Ulduar 10 players, you require to have The Fall of Naxxramas 10 players; similarly, you need to have The Fall of Naxxramas 25 players if you wish to enter Ulduar 25 players; and so on). It is really a hardcore progression approach because you have to make raids with players that fulfill these requirements, independently when they started their journey on Lordaeron, to be able to move forward [content-wise].
    I honestly don't see this happening late in the game. How are you going to get 25 people to do naxx and then get 25 people to do 25 ulduar to do 25 lich king when LK is out. It just doesn't work. You have high standards for pugs if you think they will be able to clear ulduar 25 man , but COULD clear some of ICC. its not fair .

6. Would Kaer's progression design mean that someone that starts playing on Lordaeron after 6 months of its release will have access to all the WotLK content straightforward? If so, IMHO it will not be truly progressive, but rather temporarily [a period of 3 months after launch] progressive. Nonetheless, it is a matter of terminology and I think it is not so relevant in the end.

What Kaer posted is a proposal, but Codenamed has clarified many times that those were rough numbers, that the progress will likely be dependent on players going through content, both PvE and PvE, so neither content gets ahead of the other because one group is faster.

I got what you suggested, Radvo even provided an example already. That would be including custom limitations for the sake of "forcing" people to do something if they want to do the next. Blizzard, which we aim to emulate for the most part (and not some other server), never had anything like that as far as I know and our aim isn't to force people to do content they don't want to. Lordaeron won't be a server for every sort of casual player, but it doesn't means we'll want to cater to try-harders. Not everyone wants to do everything and that's perfectly fine, those will have a place here too if they are ok with the retail rates and such.

7. Are you guys planning on scripting the low level dungeons too? :D

8. What Kaer posted is a proposal, but Codenamed has clarified many times that those were rough numbers, that the progress will likely be dependent on players going through content, both PvE and PvE, so neither content gets ahead of the other because one group is faster.

I got what you suggested, Radvo even provided an example already. That would be including custom limitations for the sake of "forcing" people to do something if they want to do the next. Blizzard, which we aim to emulate for the most part (and not some other server), never had anything like that as far as I know and our aim isn't to force people to do content they don't want to. Lordaeron won't be a server for every sort of casual player, but it doesn't means we'll want to cater to try-harders. Not everyone wants to do everything and that's perfectly fine, those will have a place here too if they are ok with the retail rates and such.
    I for one hope progression is based on community instead of set times, or we will see tryhards and nolifers get far ahead of all others.

9. Are you guys planning on scripting the low level dungeons too? :D
    It has been done quite extensively.

Only a few tweaks needed to set locks to certain doors / passages that should be locked until a certain lever or boss has been dealt with.

Bosses act and use spells as they are supposed to. I have been searching for exploits in dungeons and the quests linked to them and so far i have only found very few issues.

I can highly recommend doing dungeons on the live server even tho running to them might cost u some time, cos both quests, xp and gear are worth it now that every quest for them work properly :)

10. Semi-eternal Progression [Is Also OK]

I honestly don't see this happening late in the game.
    However, you hinted how this can be accomplish in your previous post: progressive guilds. I think if Lordaeron is full of hardcore players, it should not be an issue to have real old-school cooperative guilds willing to assist the raid progression of its members, but I can be mistaken about it and we would have just more of what we already have in Deathwing or Ragnaros.

What Kaer posted is a proposal, but Codenamed has clarified many times that those were rough numbers, that the progress will likely be dependent on players going through content, both PvE and PvE, so neither content gets ahead of the other because one group is faster.

I understand your blizzlike perspective on the topic. If requiring player achievements to progress through the game, like it has been proposed, is considered too restrictive at the moment, alternatively, you could base the eternal progression approach on a less hardcore restriction by adding gear iLvl requirements set to the minimum iLvl of the item drops from each raid; and, of course, there could be even lesser restrictions or perhaps other variations that could be explored further.

If the decision is not to enforce any prerequisite on the players to progress through the game, it is also perfectly fine. In such case, I would recommend to extend excessively [years] the release of every new expansion. This is also not a novel idea [another private server started on 2015 a 6 year journey through all WoW expansions up-to WotLK using the 3.3.5a client], but it is, nonetheless, a really cool one because it would make the hardcore leveling experience of Lordaeron even more exiting with three plateaus [lower level epics matter now and it could translate to extra coin revenues] and many more players [due to the extended release periods] would have the chance to truly experience all the end game content, from the classic, TBC, to the WotLK expansions; not to mention, it would provide extra developing time for Warmane to really polish the game cores to the detail before their release. The expansion releases could be boosted with a several-weeks marketing campaign of the upcoming realm progression [also potentially translated to new coming hyped players and extra coin revenues]. Existing players, which want to play at a faster phase than the one of Lordaeron, can always do it in the other available realms [no need to rush to have WotLK end game content].

IMHO, a few [3 or some more] months progression period would bring, in a rather short term, nothing more than a limited P2W 1x WotLK realm. Considering that we have already available two P2W 7x WotLK realms with people doing end game content, I honestly do not see Lordaeron as a major addition to Warmane under these conditions, but it is just my point of view.
    Edited: September 4, 2015

11. Uhm it says release date is september 25th, just wondering - is there any exact time given yet?

12. 25th of september you cannot get more exact than that.

13. 25th of september you cannot get more exact than that.
    He want's the actual time, not just a date. Probably going to want to reserve his names.

I too would like to know a specific time :>

14. I'm sure it will be announced and impossible to miss.

15. I'm sure it will be announced and impossible to miss.
    Agreed.

That's all you had to type in response to the other guy by the way, faster and much more helpful /shrug

First ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... Last