1. We are very close. Idea of Lordareon is just perfect. It looks just like blizzard opening wotlk realm. Please dont let people spend coins and points for anything in Lordareon. (Name/Race/Faction changes would be acceptable but just a little). If you want to dig some money out of it just make a donation. I would personally raised my wallet to this cause if I would see that player base cannot buy for money (or vote) even a single emblem. I know you are placing limitations on this kind of stuff, but thats in my eyes not enough. Just remove entire coin/point system from Lordareon and If you do so remind player base so they can still donate on this thing. Just leave it fresh from all this *private-server stuff* please...
    Someone still needs to pay for the realm, how do you suppose to do that if there is no income?
    Who will pay developers for last months of doing massive amounts of work on this realm , who will pay hosting company to keep the server up, who will pay GMs to keep the server alive and well, your wallet , give me a break.

Damn, some people just need to learn to think before they say anything.

2. So, how is the Progression from Vanilla to WotLK going to work? Is it going to be quests, talents, professions, etc. from WotLK cropped down to just the level caps of 60, 70, and 80? So, for instance, despite the game being capped at Vanilla, will I be able to get Jewelcrafting and Inscription as professions? Or will they be held off until their respective expansions? I was under the impression that blood elves and draenei were to be held off until The Burning Crusade, but the smaller things like professions and glyphs and whatnot I'm not sure about.

I plan on having Inscription as a profession during WotLK, which would make it convenient to have that available from the Vanilla get-go, but convenience is not what the server's about. Things like talents and UI features (like glyph slots) that are strictly WotLK I can imagine would be much more trouble than would be worth to revert to their previous states, but something like professions could be restricted by simply removing NPCs that teach those professions or sell materials for them. Even that though might be pushing it in terms of feasibility, which could lead to WotLK content available during the Vanilla and TBC stages of progression. Not by any means a bad thing, but I'm not sure what Warmane wants to do in this situation. Could someone fill me in?
    Only speculations of course but I imagine everything from wotlk working such as wotlk talent trees, professions and so forth. I believe they'll go for the shortest and simplest(?) thing. Such as de-activating the possibility to go to outlands, northrend etc. So in other words, no zeps, portals, boats, smuggled by the mexican cartel or anything, not even paying goblins to build an aircraft gonna work out. Thats what I think
    Edited: August 6, 2015

3. do the quests in northrend work with supposed emotes/gossip/animations or are they just mostly completable, as in, you give in the quest and npc just stands threre? vanilla and to some extent tbc were tame on special events in questing but wotlk is where they really made it an rpg experience, so having all npcs just standing there would kill it for me personally
    Someone please answer this!

4. Someone please answer this!
    Any bug regarding those quests is reported to make it as blizzlike as possible, that is why we tested those zones first.

5. Someone still needs to pay for the realm, how do you suppose to do that if there is no income?
    Who will pay developers for last months of doing massive amounts of work on this realm , who will pay hosting company to keep the server up, who will pay GMs to keep the server alive and well, your wallet , give me a break.

Damn, some people just need to learn to think before they say anything.
    If cash shop gets disabled, warmane will gain huge popularity with lord. That alone will raise funds for the devs to do their work. Since this server has a variety of realms. Players tend to play in different expansion, so having drawn alot of players to 1 realm usually equals to drawing players to certain other realms which are open for donation.
    Also since there will probably be huge queues for lord alot of these new players will surely donate and create a toon in a different realm to spend there coins there. An that's how it starts...

6. If cash shop gets disabled, warmane will gain huge popularity with lord. That alone will raise funds for the devs to do their work. Since this server has a variety of realms. Players tend to play in different expansion, so having drawn alot of players to 1 realm usually equals to drawing players to certain other realms which are open for donation.
    Also since there will probably be huge queues for lord alot of these new players will surely donate and create a toon in a different realm to spend there coins there. An that's how it starts...
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's a lot of wishful thinking.

7. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's a lot of wishful thinking.
    And what's wrong with that

8. If cash shop gets disabled, warmane will gain huge popularity with lord. That alone will raise funds for the devs to do their work. Since this server has a variety of realms. Players tend to play in different expansion, so having drawn alot of players to 1 realm usually equals to drawing players to certain other realms which are open for donation.
    I don't deal with the finances at all, so I can't say if you're correct or not. But even if you might be, Administration manages each server as a separate entity that has to be self-sustaining. Drawing donations from other servers can become a slippery slope. Because of that this server would still need a bare minimum, likely to in the very least break even with its maintenance costs. You can rest assured many, if not all Staff members would rather it was viable to have no need for donations and keep a server "pure", but the people who would actually donate without caring about having an use for their coins is a tiny minority.
    Sry for crushing your idea :P

9. And what's wrong with that
    As long as you realize it's wishful thinking and not reality, nothing.

10. As long as you realize it's wishful thinking and not reality, nothing.
    Im sure u guys will find a way to keep it as close to blizzlike with no pay2win as possible. As u probably seen from most of my suggestions about donations and what you should be able to get from doing so, there is a super-hype about everyone being equal from start to finish on Lord, and i hope it can be managed :D

11. Sry for crushing your idea :P
    Talking about paying maintenance cost, when a couple months ago someone took a million $$ and disappeared. Must really low income :)

12. u know that alot of companies (google included) are getting all the funds they need from adds? why dont u put ads in your website... u wont need coin shop (or at least very limited one) and we dont mind see some ads and pictures at the side of your site :/ i mean its simple, u dont need to ruin gameplay and im sure alot of ppl will pay to advertize here as this site is pretty popular.

13. u know that alot of companies (google included) are getting all the funds they need from adds? why dont u put ads in your website... u wont need coin shop (or at least very limited one) and we dont mind see some ads and pictures at the side of your site :/ i mean its simple, u dont need to ruin gameplay and im sure alot of ppl will pay to advertize here as this site is pretty popular.
    Adblock! BOOM HEADSHOT! Why not leave the financing to the people in charge of it and discuss other matters..like the PTR? :D

14. Somehow making chests spawn in northrend would be cool. I love it when i find chests in low lvl zones, and finding the same type of thing in northrend, with relevant content, like clothes, mineral bars/ores, leather, food, potions and sometimes uncommon, or even rare gear would be sweet.

15. Adblock! BOOM HEADSHOT! Why not leave the financing to the people in charge of it and discuss other matters..like the PTR? :D
    1. Adblock doesn't suppprt mobile devices.
    2. Webmaster can block the user from accessing the forum if they do not make an exception for X website. It is very possible cuz "kissanime.com" is doing it to prevent adblockers.
    3. Not everyone has a adblock.

First ... 848565758596068108158 ... Last