1. July 1, 2015  

Prot pally or prot warrior? WOTLK

Which is better for tanking warrior or paládin ?

2. July 1, 2015  
    Paladin +1 !

3. July 1, 2015  
    Paladin by miles. Warriors are pretty bad tanks here compared to others.

4. July 1, 2015  
    Paladins are usually much more preferable. Overall, they're just the best tanks in WotLK. It was exactly this way in retail too.

Warriors aren't exactly bad, though. The thing is that with a warrior, you end up having to make much greater effort to achieve the same result, and at the end of all that you're still missing Ardent Defender, debatably the single most overpowered mechanic a tank has ever had in the history of wow. In WotLK, it's an instant brez on the person you need it on the most, exactly when you need it the most, on a short 2-min CD.

5. July 1, 2015  
    Easiest and more powerful = paladin
    Powerful enough, and real fun to play = warrior

6. July 1, 2015  
    Paladin is easier, Warrior seems to be more fun (I personally dont like warrior).

Paladin by miles. Warriors are pretty bad tanks here compared to others.
    Their aggro has been fixed, they are now just as "bad" tanks as in retail :) Equalling being not a bad tank, if the person behind the characters knows how to play warrior.

7. July 1, 2015  
    all tanks are viable in this expansion. Paladins warriors dk and druids. Ppl mainly talk because they got the concet"if is not 2button tank then is garbage tank" which is not true. I played retail wotlk back in the day. My guild cleared icc 25hm after 2 months of his release and uess what? Main tank Warrior offtank Druid.

play whichever you like! dont let other play for you!

8. July 2, 2015  
    If you wanna get rekt by LK and trashed by everyone in your group, choose Warrior.

If you wanna tank like a pro, and enjoy having LK on farm, go with Paladin.

But seriously, for some reason LK rapes Warrs, at least in my raids, and they are all above 6k, just dunno what is it, either they're bugged, the players are playing them wrong, or something else, we always have to replace them with either Paladin or Druid.

9. July 2, 2015  
    If you wanna get rekt by LK and trashed by everyone in your group, choose Warrior.

If you wanna tank like a pro, and enjoy having LK on farm, go with Paladin.

But seriously, for some reason LK rapes Warrs, at least in my raids, and they are all above 6k, just dunno what is it, either they're bugged, the players are playing them wrong, or something else, we always have to replace them with either Paladin or Druid.
    Prot warriors had some fixes just like half a week ago. Important ones

10. July 2, 2015  
    Half of what prot pala is able to do is raid utility (hop/loh/dispells,...) Even a monkey can be succesfull in just tanking with pala.. you get to know great ones from bad ones from the amount of utility they use.

Prot war is pure tank. You need to pull in some effort to tank as well as paladin. Great wars take less dmg than paladins.

If you are new to tanking - I would recommend you going with paladin as its easier to start with. Think about warrior only if you know all the mechanics (armor, resists, ctc,...) and fights rly well.

11. July 2, 2015  
    Protection Warriors were really strong on retail. Same as Asherdoom said, I've had occasions with Protection Warriors Main tanking, and that experience was great.

Threat was fixed (not sure if fully) here on Warmane, but Armor is still the issue.

It takes a lot of skill to be a good Protection Warrior, but I can guarantee you from personal experience that they're by far the most fun class out there. Protection Paladins are great, but people tend to forget the usefulness of Blood Death Knights as well. Just because many people prefer it or rather take it into raids, doesn't mean they're "the best tanks for the expansion".

If you never had experience with Protection Warriors, then Protection Paladin would be a good place for you to start tanking.

If you're sceptical about Protection Warriors on Warmane, there was a guild (I think on Lordaeron or Deathwing) that had Warrior MT for most of their LoD kills and didn't experience many problems (before the threat fix that is). My guild on Deathwing also experienced LoD, Bane kills with Warrior Tank either MT or OT. They're a bit more paper due to the Armor thingy, but other than that, they got great utility and a lot of chances to help the raid (Intervene, infinite Taunts if Vigilance placed on the appropriate target, Vigilance in general, ...).

Other than that, keep in mind that both Paladin and Warrior Tanks change gear on Lich King fight - specially the trinkets.

12. Hey Delythien, what do u mean about the Armor for Warriors? Armor cap is at 49k for lvl 83 (skull) bosses just like it should be. maybe the other tanks are bugged that u need less armor to reach armor cap for them?
    I also think that Warriors are a much more fun to play tank class :).

13. Prot paladin cuz warrior cant tank lich on warmane. Yeah now bash me 3...2..1

14. Just try them both.. Most will prefer pala prot, its much easier then warr..

15. Basically Protection Paladin is easier to play, but Protection Warrior is much more fun to play.

Block value is broken to the point that it doesn't scale properly, that's why you'll get stomped by Lich King. Armor cap is 49k yes, but at this point quite unreachable. Like you said, other tanks are bugged and need a lot less.

Protection Warriors can tank LoD, seen it countless of times. You're welcome to check a few forum posts on some of the Deathwing guilds with their Warrior Tank PoV videos. I also consider them one of the best Vile Spirits controlling tanks. Put your Vigilance on MT (mostly for the damage reduction), and your Taunt will be pretty much off-cooldown the entire 3rd phase - thus you can keep on taunting Vile Spirits.

There's really a lot of things you can do with a Warrior Tank like that. Whereas Protection Paladins are pretty straight-forward. Sure, you can use Hand of Sacrifice and such to save people, but like I said, it's straight-forward, there's very little room for improvement and innovation.