View Poll Results: Forbidden or expensive?

Voters
592. You may not vote on this poll
  • Forbid.

441 74.49%
  • Allow.

151 25.51%
  1. July 2, 2015  

Character rename. No rename or high cost rename?

Hello,

Please cast your opinion whether character rename on Lordaeron. The choice is between disabling possibility of renaming completely or making it at a high cost, both of these options are aimed at adding responsibility and reprecussions for players' harmful actions such as ninja looting, trolling etc.

2. July 2, 2015  
    Yep forbid it and then it may deter people from doing anything stupid in the first place.

3. July 2, 2015  
    Been there, there are plenty of mean people who do such things at all costs. Forbid is the only answer here.

4. July 2, 2015  
    Definitely forbid since Lordaeron is supposed to be a 'hardcore' realm.

5. July 2, 2015  
    Definitely forbid since Lordaeron is supposed to be a 'hardcore' realm.
    Are you suggesting Blizzard never let people rename?

6. July 2, 2015  
    From what i have heard that on retail the ninja'd items are removed by GM's but because of burden of work and limited number of GM's on private server its not possible so it would be better to forbid i t, Thats what i think

7. July 2, 2015  
    We admire and are inspired by retail, most of us e love and live with World of Warcraft for more than 10 years. But some changes on retail over time were not necessarily improvements in the long-term. Retail's character renaming, cross realm transfers and complete cross-realm integration is part of what made the community toxic, unforgiving and and less welcoming to newcomers. Reputation of your character is one of the things that made classic a better place to be in. Today, people who played retail in 2004 are adults that prefer to be mute only to avoid their "Hey, can anyone please give me BoK?" be responded with "no, but i can fart in your face" style from randoms that know they have no reputation to care for and will never be dependent on the people the insult. If you are a known ninja, people will not group with you anymore, the only choice of a ninja would be stealing 1-3 items and then having to level a whole new character to 80 to clear his bad reputation.

8. July 2, 2015  
    That`s more a community and, well Zeitgeist issue, and I doubt that anything could be done against that, unfortunately.

However, a more pressing concern: Race- and Faction changes come with a free namechange attached with them. Would a 'no namechange' imply 'no Race changes' and 'no Faction changes', or would something else be done with them, separately?

9. July 2, 2015  
    demn, we have found 18 ninjas here!

10. July 2, 2015  
    That`s more a community and, well Zeitgeist issue, and I doubt that anything could be done against that, unfortunately.

However, a more pressing concern: Race- and Faction changes come with a free namechange attached with them. Would a 'no namechange' imply 'no Race changes' and 'no Faction changes', or would something else be done with them, separately?
    Very good point. Those shouldn't have a name change attached to them.

11. July 2, 2015  
    Let ninjas suffer hohoho. Jokes aside it's good if you can enable naming policy also to prevent ppl using stupid names.

12. July 2, 2015  
    I'm glad to see the vast majority goes for the "hard" mode :) Voted for forbid too.

13. July 2, 2015  
    But some changes on retail over time were not necessarily improvements in the long-term
    Huhuhu... like those changes that consisted of fail expansions with fail new whole systems ? Those surely were the total opposit of what one can call "improvement".

Anyway, there is something I don't get. Though I'm against the character rename option, is such a measure really necessary since ninja'ing is perma banable here ? This would be enough to keep people from ML'ing in raids, and leave the character rename for those who get bored of their own names, kek.

14. July 2, 2015  
    Forbid and make blacklist thread. :)

15. July 2, 2015  
    In my opinion, not as a Forum Moderator, I say no name changes, to make that choice matter, but with a couple considerations:

- if an inactivity clean-up ever happens, it could come with a brief chance for people to get a rename at a high cost, so players who really wanted a taken name can finally get it; and
    - name hoarding (i.e., getting names for the sole purpose of trying to sell them or keep others from having them, without playing those characters) should be harshly punished.

123 ... Last