View Poll Results: Wartorn chest?

Voters
2025. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

760 37.53%
  • Yes. Players with Bloody Purse in their inventory can be attacked and Bloody Purse looted.

887 43.80%
  • No.

378 18.67%
  1. July 2, 2015  

Wartorn Chest

UPDATE July 14, 2015: Next test runs of Wartorn Chest will be announced as soon as the event is automated and additional anti-exploit measures and rules are announced, including anti-cheat mesures, multiboxing consideration etc.

We are considering to further encourage world PvP by a simple addition to our realms. This is a rough idea for an event that contains nothing more but a highly sought after vanity item that has no impact on gameplay. Here is the idea:

Wartorn Chest spawns two times a day in Hillsbrad Foothills. Chest spawn will be indicated by an intense server-wide music. It will take uninterrupted 15 seconds to open the chest. The chest contains a Bloody Purse. Character that has the Bloody purse in his inventory can redeemed for 1-15 coins to his account on our website.

Note that one of the poll options is that as long as a player has Bloody Purse in his inventory he can be attacked by anyone and have the Bloody Purse looted from his corpse, similar to looting players in battlegrounds.

There's no custom additions to the game, but making an existing item more valuable. Imagine that if you have Arena Master on your character you can redeem for coins on the website. Please give your opinions and maintain a polite, civilized and respectful attitude to other community members or be hammered. This specific poll is separate from Lordaeron.

2. July 2, 2015  
    Like it, will give all those afk people on elw/duro something to do! :)

3. July 2, 2015  
    Sounds good, but people can become organized and guard one single player while others guard him and just share the coins. And also after it's looted, the player can just mount up and just /afk in the air while he redeems the coins. That makes the ''Yes. Players with Bloodsoaked Purse in their inventory can be attacked and Bloodsoaked Purse looted.'' idea useless. I suggest you spawn the chest somewhere where you cannot fly.

4. July 2, 2015  
    Sounds good, but people can become organized and guard one single player while others guard him and just share the coins. And also after it's looted, the player can just mount up and just /afk in the air while he redeems the coins. That makes the ''Yes. Players with Bloodsoaked Purse in their inventory can be attacked and Bloodsoaked Purse looted.'' idea useless. I suggest you spawn the chest somewhere where you cannot fly.
    We're looking at massive guild battles then. Sounds good to me. The flying away concern is valid yes, I personally envision a Blood Elf rogue with a Bloodsoaked Purse on him with a crowd of players following and surrounding him.

5. July 2, 2015  
    Maybe limit the player to be only having to have the chest like once a week or something, that way it can't be spammed by just one person.

6. July 2, 2015  
    Is it possible for someone to loot it really quick and just fly away?

7. July 2, 2015  
    Is it possible for someone to loot it really quick and just fly away?
    It takes uninterrupted 15 seconds to open the chest.

8. July 2, 2015  
    I don't agree with the idea you can lose it. But, if it is like that I think you should have to be able to hold the purse for a certain amount of time. This would make things even so that it isnt much of a first come first serve but like a the smartest and the strongest can keep it. It seems as if it's meant for a ffa and teamwork at the same time. So, I would think it be fair if you held it for lets say like 5-10 minutes or whatever. Then you can keep it and not be able to get looted from other players when you actually held it for that time. Then, you can go redeem. That's the way I look at it.

9. July 2, 2015  
    I don't agree with the idea you can lose it. But, if it is like that I think you should have to be able to hold the purse for a certain amount of time. This would make things even so that it isnt much of a first come first serve but like a the smartest and the strongest can keep it. It seems as if it's meant for a ffa and teamwork at the same time. So, I would think it be fair if you held it for lets say like 5-10 minutes or whatever. Then you can keep it and not be able to get looted from other players when you actually held it for that time. Then, you can go redeem. That's the way I look at it.
    All players are informed 10 minutes before the chest is spawned by a broadcast or a short server-wide music.
    Updated the main topic. That specific choice of music is by me :D first time played on Lucifron encounter in Molten Core in classic.

10. July 2, 2015  
    I have no problems with something like this :D

11. July 2, 2015  
    I have no problems with something like this :D
    Just another day on Warmane.

12. July 2, 2015  
    I don't see how this encourages world pvp to be honest although I appreciate the attempt at new things. If anything, it only encourages full geared guilds to go at it with each other in Hillsbrad until horde and alliance realize they can actually work together to form a monopoly for the 2 guilds like what had happened many times over in vanilla wow with warlord status which was a large contributing factor as to why blizz scrapped that idea in the first place.

Anyone that isn't in said guilds, would never stand a chance, and would thus never participate. Well, considering the mass of people that keep spawning in their bg gy despite being gy camped, I chance my mind, there will likely be plenty of fodder for the big guilds to toy around with, which is not something warmane should encourage anyhow.

However, if this far from polished idea is to go through, it should cause you to die if you mount up/stealth/etc. Although there will be plenty of tele hackers porting underground to nab it also. There's so much wrong that can occur, and all that I've said required no thought at all, just came as I was typing.

So yea, as much as I love pvp in all it's forms, I vote no :(

13. July 2, 2015  
    If the "holder" gets an increased dmg debuff (like when you hold a flag for several minutes on WWG or TP), with a pretty flashy aura that clearly indicates who's the holder, and if your incoming healing is reduced to 0% (like with a 10 stacks Widow's Kiss) then it could be nice, so people can't just rely on "hurr durr stamina stacked 300k HP with 10 healers" and have to play it smartly if they really want to work as a team

And that as well, opens a LITTLE window to people that want to solo-try on the event, otherwise, it's a Guild exclusive event

14. July 2, 2015  
    I don't see how this encourages world pvp to be honest although I appreciate the attempt at new things. If anything, it only encourages full geared guilds to go at it with each other in Hillsbrad until horde and alliance realize they can actually work together to form a monopoly for the 2 guilds like what had happened many times over in vanilla wow with warlord status which was a large contributing factor as to why blizz scrapped that idea in the first place.

Anyone that isn't in said guilds, would never stand a chance, and would thus never participate. Well, considering the mass of people that keep spawning in their bg gy despite being gy camped, I chance my mind, there will likely be plenty of fodder for the big guilds to toy around with, which is not something warmane should encourage anyhow.

However, if this far from polished idea is to go through, it should cause you to die if you mount up/stealth/etc. Although there will be plenty of tele hackers porting underground to nab it also. There's so much wrong that can occur, and all that I've said required no thought at all, just came as I was typing.

So yea, as much as I love pvp in all it's forms, I vote no :(
    Valid concerns, even though most of them can be worked, hence this topic. If anything we can always scrap an idea too if it doesn't deliver what we intend it to deliver. Making the chest spawn timers random could help remove monopolization (or duopolization) by guilds.

15. July 2, 2015  
    If the "holder" gets an increased dmg debuff (like when you hold a flag for several minutes on WWG or TP), with a pretty flashy aura that clearly indicates who's the holder, and if your incoming healing is reduced to 0% (like with a 10 stacks Widow's Kiss) then it could be nice, so people can't just rely on "hurr durr stamina stacked 300k HP with 10 healers" and have to play it smartly if they really want to work as a team

And that as well, opens a LITTLE window to people that want to solo-try on the event, otherwise, it's a Guild exclusive event
    We want it to be attractive to casual players more than to guilds, which have many things easy for them comparatively.

12311 ... Last