View Poll Results: Wartorn chest?

Voters
2025. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

760 37.53%
  • Yes. Players with Bloody Purse in their inventory can be attacked and Bloody Purse looted.

887 43.80%
  • No.

378 18.67%
  1. July 4, 2015  
    Kaer !

Everything is OK with this, but you should make chest spawn in Outland , that way you populate Satratth City , allow fighters to meet few minutes in Sanctuary before fighting to bone in some of outland PvP zones as on retail.

There is XXXXXXX reasons why Chests should spawn in Outland instead of level10 zone.

2. July 4, 2015  
    Kaer !

Everything is OK with this, but you should make chest spawn in Outland , that way you populate Satratth City , allow fighters to meet few minutes in Sanctuary before fighting to bone in some of outland PvP zones as on retail.

There is XXXXXXX reasons why Chests should spawn in Outland instead of level10 zone.
    Very good idea :)

3. July 4, 2015  
    A person that loots it can just alt+f4 istant after he has dropped it and the item is gone even if u can kill the looter. Am i wrong?

4. July 5, 2015  
    What I think would be pretty cool - though as someone who doesn't do much world PvP, I could be way off - would be to add a bit of CTF-style mechanics to it. For example, the chest spawns about half way between Southshore and Tarren Mill, why not have it that the player must return the Bloody Purse to their faction's town to secure their reward? Apply the exact same restrictions that a flag carrier in WSG or EotS faces, i.e. mounting up, casting blink, going stealthed, dying, etc., cause you to drop the Bloody Purse. Then not only would it be a blood bath to loot the chest, but also a tug of war match as the two factions try to get it back to their town.

Having the carrier flagged for FFA combat would further promote reckless PvP combat as same-faction players try to take down the current carrier as they near their town; though as Kaer said, this might not be feasible, and/or may be too custom.

..now that I think about it, as of Cataclysm, Southshore got destroyed.. If you were to implement this return-it-to-your-faction-town mechanic, it would probably need to be in another zone. Maybe have it spawn inside the Ring of Trials in Nagrand, and it must be returned to Telaar/Garadar for Alliance/Horde respectively?

5. July 5, 2015  
    If you really want to encourage world pvp then this is not the answer.
    You need somehow to improve realm quality because when a massive fight occurs, somewhere like over 100-120 ppls fighting in same time, the delay is unbearable, is somewhere around like 1 min to cast a single spell, you can move but you cannot cast.

Give me stability on massive fights and i will make sure there will be a lot of world PvP, at least from my guild.

6. July 5, 2015  
    Seems all suggestions are just for guilds and big groups to do things together and doesn't really give everyone a reason to world pvp. To make world pvp happen it is simple, you have to make it as convenient as a battle ground and award the same. Award 10 conquest points for every world pvp kill that happens when you kill someone your level or above. Split between groups if you are in a group. 1v1, you get 10. 10v1 each gets 1. 100v1, each gets 1. And if you kill someone below your level, you should lose 10, seriously, its no competition. Also no points for an afk, and no points for someone who is currently attacking another player. (honor can still be awarded as normal for all scenarios).

No conquest points = why bother.

Most world pvp currently are not much fun or gain for either side. Typically the aggressors try to find mismatches against AFKers, smaller groups, or much much much lower level opponents, who are clearly not spelled up or ready. No-contest for the wimp, and just annoying for the inferior defender. The best world PvP battles are those which both sides are contributing to and both sides have a chance of winning. Maybe hard-fought-long-even battles can award 100 conquest points.

No matter what we do, world PvP will always suck, but with conquest points award it'll happen more often and a tish more even. The reason we will never have good world PvP here like we had on retail is that the best world PvP on retail were on PvE realms. If a world PvP was happening, like a town being raided, a bunch of the same size and even a little lower level players would get ready, then turn on their PvP flag and join and it was epic. Impossible on a non PvE realm. It'll aways suck for 1 side, and the other side can hope for at best a tiny enjoyment.

7. July 5, 2015  
    lordaeron (or any low rate realm for that matter) will have no problem with world pvp for one reason> there will always be people out in the world

...playing on DW for 2mnths after moltdown confirmed this for ME anyway. in those 2mnths farming zones low and high, i can count on 2 hands the number of toons i EVER saw, excluding major cities... which is why my DW account with 5 lvl80s and 150k gold has sat dormant. knowing lord is coming it will stay that way.
    to make world pvp on a fun realm( fast rate) > the chest, or whatever, should include the whole world. it should be more 'lowkey' and constant... which lessens the chance for a guild event only, and at sametime takes care of lag and realm crashes. being more lowkey and constant will also entice world pvp always... not just for a specified time slot.
    but like many have stated- unless there are huge rewards for getting the chest...many wont bother going.

8. July 5, 2015  
    Seems all suggestions are just for guilds and big groups to do things together and doesn't really give everyone a reason to world pvp. To make world pvp happen it is simple, you have to make it as convenient as a battle ground and award the same. Award 10 conquest points for every world pvp kill that happens when you kill someone your level or above. Split between groups if you are in a group. 1v1, you get 10. 10v1 each gets 1. 100v1, each gets 1. And if you kill someone below your level, you should lose 10, seriously, its no competition. Also no points for an afk, and no points for someone who is currently attacking another player. (honor can still be awarded as normal for all scenarios).

No conquest points = why bother.

Most world pvp currently are not much fun or gain for either side. Typically the aggressors try to find mismatches against AFKers, smaller groups, or much much much lower level opponents, who are clearly not spelled up or ready. No-contest for the wimp, and just annoying for the inferior defender. The best world PvP battles are those which both sides are contributing to and both sides have a chance of winning. Maybe hard-fought-long-even battles can award 100 conquest points.

No matter what we do, world PvP will always suck, but with conquest points award it'll happen more often and a tish more even. The reason we will never have good world PvP here like we had on retail is that the best world PvP on retail were on PvE realms. If a world PvP was happening, like a town being raided, a bunch of the same size and even a little lower level players would get ready, then turn on their PvP flag and join and it was epic. Impossible on a non PvE realm. It'll aways suck for 1 side, and the other side can hope for at best a tiny enjoyment.
    In the above I meant no points for someone who is attacking an NPC, not player.

9. July 6, 2015  
    let me tell you what kind of content i would make to encourage world pvp.

Quest -
    -----
    Title: The Warmane Trial.
    Given by: Varian Wyrmm and Thrall (each to their faction players)
    Description:
    "<Class>, wish you prove your value to the Alliance/Horde, serve us now in this moment! Lend your sword in this time of need.
    The Horde/Alliance are gaining on to us, and they need be shown where their limitations lay.
    You must invade Orgrimmar/Stormwind and assassinate Thrall/King Varian, and show them there is no end to our determination, there is no end to the reach of our kingdom."

Objectives:
    "Kill Thrall the Warchief/King Varian and return to King Varian/Thrall"

Rewards:
    ----enter something like Sack of Spoils here, but for your coins or whatever you want.

Considerations:
    This could be a weekly quest, or something that cant be done at whatever the time. I know daily quests get activated and updated to the client (question mark appears shown out of the blue) from the code, so it could also be made for this quest to appear at the same timeframe your Wartorn Chest thing you made there. Plus you can also trigger the music and add a -so needed- system message announcing the event, even with code. No GM, no staff, no mainteanance needed of no kind.

End of story.
    sounds like a good idea to me

10. July 6, 2015  
    You had me at world pvp and hillsbrad. Got shivers up my spine just remembering the good old days on Vanilla wow. The constant wars between Tarren Mill and Southshore. Only bad thing I see is the very likely possibility of 1 or 2 guilds camping the spawn getting it every time instead of promoting more natural world pvp.

11. July 7, 2015  
    - quality world-pvp should be accessible 24/7
    - players should always have a fair shot at it regardless of being alone or grouped
    - quality world-pvp should be solely about the actual pvp (not having pve or donation objectives which is more bg-like)

i dont see those 3 conditions being met when reading this suggestion, which is why i vote no

also, having in mind how many topics of ideas presented by players on this forum (apart from blackrock) instantly got answered by “Your idea wouldn’t be Blizzlike and so won’t be implemented.” in the past, i personally feel like this suggestion topic should contain an apology from the original molten staff members to their original community regarding that matter

12. July 7, 2015  
    I agree with the outland idea, so you don't have a mass of lvl 90 guilds going at it while people are trying to level, because they're just going to be 1shot by AoE, and in most cases, probably on purpose. Heck, you could probably just put it in Pandaria. Having it in Wintergrasp is also a good idea.
    I don't agree with coins for a few reasons; Whoever dominates at getting this chest won't have to worry about Donating to molten for amazing gear. Just collect some coins and cash them in in on the website. Boom. In about a year or so you have somebody in full donation gear destroying everybody, keeping the chest loot to himself/herself and it's no longer fun. But when you fill it with nothing but gold, conquest points, honor points, anything along those lines, who cares? It's still going to be something everybody is going to want to get except for the higher ups (since they're already pretty much maxed), it's still going to be fun, and everyone has a shot at it.
    Or we can drop this whole subject and fix a few of the millions of bugs on the server...like Combat bugs, and higher level quests...

13. July 7, 2015  
    Many of you have a bad idea of what World PvP means. You want a fair fight? 10 v10? Win Conquest and Honor from it? Yes u can do that, its called Random Batlegrounds, Rated BGs, already exist that, no1 stop you doing that, just que and w8 for call.

World pvp will never be fair, no1 will say ok you have only 10 players i will atack with 10 max, or i wont go orgrimar cause 100-200 hordes will gather at one point and server will delay 1 min. World Pvp its not something that finish after u gather some resources or cap the flag.

The reason ppls do World PvP its for fun, because they enjoy and in my case because i like to fight battles where i am outnumbered, but fortunaly not outskilled. And are even more reason to do World PvP, but if this topic is for how to improve World PvP dont start with stuf like ok give me here a graveyard with full mana, hp, an untouchable area, equal numbers and other bull****s.

And yes, always guilds with numbers and organization can come with better sugestions about world pvp because is something we did, do and will continue doing.

I still think the best way to improve world PvP here is to improve realm stability on massive clash.

Have a nice day

14. July 7, 2015  
    I still think the best way to improve world PvP here is to improve realm stability on massive clash.
    Or call me to remake a guild, and do some old s* :)

Hi

15. July 9, 2015  
    A) It should be in a different zone almost every time.

B) Flying in that zone should be disabled during the event.

C) Will there be warning time? Will we have time to prepare groups and get ready in the zone?

D) When you loot the chest, how long until you can redeem the coins?

First ... 31112131415 Last