View Poll Results: Wartorn chest?

Voters
2025. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

760 37.53%
  • Yes. Players with Bloody Purse in their inventory can be attacked and Bloody Purse looted.

887 43.80%
  • No.

378 18.67%
  1. July 3, 2015  

2. July 3, 2015  
    Well dude... We had a whole realm like that. Recall the old Warsong realm? And if i can remember correctly Warsong at peak times didn't even reach 1k people online.
    Actually before Moltdown roughly everyday at some point there was about 2.3k People online every day.

3. July 3, 2015  
    We are considering to further encourage world PvP by a simple addition to our realms. This is a rough idea for an event that contains nothing more but a highly sought after vanity item that has no impact on gameplay. Here is the idea:

Wartorn Chest spawns two times a day in Hillsbrad Foothills. Chest spawn will be indicated by an intense server-wide music. It will take uninterrupted 15 seconds to open the chest. The chest contains a Bloody Purse. Character that has the Bloody purse in his inventory can redeemed for 1-15 coins to his account on our website.

Note that one of the poll options is that as long as a player has Bloody Purse in his inventory he can be attacked by anyone and have the Bloody Purse looted from his corpse, similar to looting players in battlegrounds.

There's no custom additions to the game, but making an existing item more valuable. Imagine that if you have Arena Master on your character you can redeem for coins on the website. Please give your opinions and maintain a polite, civilized and respectful attitude to other community members or be hammered. This specific poll is separate from Lordaeron.

I hope this chest will also appear in Frostwolf realm. :3

4. July 3, 2015  
    If you want to encourage world PvP, spawn these chests in unknown locations all over the world so people are actively seeking them out and confiscate the performance-enhancing drugs the city guards have been taking. Don't just plonk a reward in the middle of a predetermined location and expect the ensuing guild orgies to somehow affect world PvP in a positive way when you're missing the world part.

5. July 3, 2015  
    For me this event was good,but from my point of view warmane staff needs to make some changes to avoid pple swarming in 1 place.We should be able to attack everyone(similar to stv arena).The person who has it should get a "debuff" for lets say 5 mins that will make him to shine(something that will point that warton chest is in his inventory).Warton Chest should be dropable if you die,log off,dc,prevent you from becoming invisible until you have this debuff-you can add reduced healing(%) and increased dmg taken(%) too.When this debuff expire the current owner of the chest can keep it.

6. July 3, 2015  
    I like the idea to bring more world pvp to the realms.
    What about letting the chest spawn randomly in one of these areas:
    - Gurubashi Arena in Stranglethron
    - Ring of Trials Arena in Nagrand
    - Circle of Blood Arena in Blade's Edge Mountains

Inside these areas everybody beside party or raid members can be attacked regardless of faction.
    The size of the grps that is allowed to enter the area varies from a FFA battle with no grps, 3 man grps, 5 man grps and big battles with 10 man grps.
    When the grp is too large the grp cant enter the area.
    Everybody in the grp gets the reward when a grp member loots the chest.
    30 minutes before the chest spawns a global message appears.
    Something like: "30 minutes until the wartorn chest spawns in the Circle of Blood Arena in Blade's Edge Mountains. Maximum Grp size of 5 players is allowed"
    This is a good suggestion. There was a event done similarly in Cataclysm last year during the Molten Anniversary. Chests would spawn on all the arena's and players would loot it to get either fireworks, the Flag of Ownership or that bag that can hold 36 items. I like the concept and idea that the Molten staff has worked here. I would say yes but If it would be a turn in for coins that would be a let down. Just another free way for smart-*** free to play players to team up and get coins. And besides that I don't think it would be that rewarding if it was coins. People can simply donate for coins. Make it something worth fighting for. I wouldn't suggest because I haven't got the slightest idea as to what. As to respect to Jakkre's post, I agree with everything except for that last part where there is a shout out to the entire server. People who didn't know the respawn times have to camp it making it worth the PvP and the times spent just waiting for the respawn. But hey It's just my opinion.

As always Warmane staff good job! I commend you for the work you have done over the past couple of months.

Mandalore

7. July 3, 2015  
    Imo u should spawn the chest in a more interesting area with textures where ppl can hide. Spawning it on the open field makes it just a brainless massacre.

8. July 3, 2015  
    I personaly think the pvp encouraging chest is a great idea. But why coins? Yeah, they are precious...but does it have to be that serious? I always saw donation items as hurtful to any server's economy. Plus, people like shiny things. Give 'em a mount or a pet that can be aquired only by donation. Just, don't give frostmournes to everyone ffs :\

p.s Sorry for the bad english

9. July 3, 2015  
    I like this new idé of world PvP in wow but there is some problems to it. I was in this world PvP yesterday on Deathwing (07-02) and Alliance got absolute mowed down by the Horde. This was not really a battle, it was more like - "Come here to get 1 FPS and get spawn raped by the Horde!". As some other ppl have mentioned in this Thread, it was more like a Guild vs Guild battle, with all the super donation gear. Then I guy like me, who haven't donated, have no chance to do some fun PvP. It feels like Pay to Win...

It was also quite unfair becuase the Horde was like 4 times more than us in the Alliance. The event should therefore be randomized to get more even, and if it's possible, GMs should be able to balance the fight.

The reward idé is good but if everyone is able to kill you it will be impossible for ppl like me who haven't got the maxed out gear. The ppl who claim the reward are most likely already a donator and this will just make a larger gap between the ppl who donate and the ppl who dosen't. I want to play wow for free but apparently it's harder than I thought it was.

Regards,
    Branders

10. July 3, 2015  
    I have two questions, will this event be just temporal?
    and also, will it be available on frostwolf realm?

11. July 3, 2015  
    There's nothing wrong with the idea.

If there's something wrong with a system then additional implementations can be made to balance it. If you're saying rogues will stealth, then put a debuff like faery fire or something on whoever loots the item so that stealth would be useless. A bad or unbalanced system can be made a good one with additional implementations which is really the point of this thread. If you think 1-15 is too much or coins in general, then make it 1-10. Coins will motivate people to join and fight so I think coins is not a bad idea. You can also put a limit on how many times chars can redeem coins from the bloody purse to avoid the same people constantly doing it. Yes, no flying is an absolute must rule in my opinion.

12. July 3, 2015  
    Letting the chest spawn at the current positions is just boring because ppl have no place to hide and it ends up in a brainless massacre on the open field with out any tactical positioning.
    Why dont u spawn the chest in Durnholde?

The area is just perfect:

Let the chest randomly spawn in one of these 5 buildings so the alliance and horde has to fight for the control of these buildings.
    Only the mobs that spawn there are a bit annoying. Maybe u can remove them during the battle.

13. July 3, 2015  
    These building have even holes in their roof which makes it possible to attack from upstairs so when a raid decides to deff the building they can be still attacked from some positions.
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/oswgTgX.jpg[/img]

14. July 3, 2015  
    voted NO.

most likely every reason has already been discussed but the coins reward is what ruined it for me. how is that vanity?

15. July 3, 2015  
    If you want to encourage world PvP, spawn these chests in unknown locations all over the world so people are actively seeking them out and confiscate the performance-enhancing drugs the city guards have been taking. Don't just plonk a reward in the middle of a predetermined location and expect the ensuing guild orgies to somehow affect world PvP in a positive way when you're missing the world part.
    i use this as example -tho many others have said the same thing.... what we have with the wartornchest is a GREAT concept! It just needs a little filing of the edges... and knowing it was a TEST run > we learned alot from it.

World PVP - heres the thing, we got the pvp, but we were lacking the world part. when this chest spawns in whatever area it spawns in (azeroth being huge we should switch it up ALWAYS if possible) - the location should Not at ALL be known. That is your world pvp. alot of people spread across a big zone > LOOKING for a wartorn chest. To give the location, or even semiclose location....;( well ya its a giant BiS guild war. for lvl80s only.
    i wouldnt even waste my time coming with a lvl40 druid. on a fast rate realm there arent many of anyhting but 80s.... but on say the lord realm: it would be better idea to downsize the prize> simply lessen the chance that the entire server is gonna show up> 500 people arent gonna swarm for 3-5 coins.... many people by defualt wont want to have to 'search' for something- my golly we have to actually scan the entire zone??!?!

ALL in ALL warmane> its a great idea! just needs to be a lot less...... ???...... easy> and with utterly predictable outcome.

remember- the CHEST is not the prize> WORLD PVP is the prize. the chest will be found, eventually, no matter HOW hard it is to find

First ... 910111213 ... Last