1. July 7, 2015  

Same Faction Rated Battlegrounds

I realize we have disabled same faction rated battlegrounds due to fear of win-trading.

I personally think this is a very poor choice. If there are people win-trading, we can find them and have them banned. We haven't closed the 3v3 or 5v5 arena brackets, yet people are win-trading on them daily. Even yesterday, I was queueing 3v3 and I know someone was win-trading, as they wouldn't join the arena against us.

Let the community handle the reporting, we're VERY effective at it (as you may have noticed) and with the new armory, maybe we can include Rated BG history like we have arena history.

After all, if we want to be truly Blizz-like, we have to open same faction RBGs some day...

Thoughts?

Edit: Same holds for Cata realms, I'm sure they too would love same faction rated BGs.

2. July 7, 2015  
    win trading i think depend from the rotten brain of players not admin. they could ban them. consider also that most ppl here in mop do pvp only for pass time and thats why they win trade mostly: getting paid for it or fast gearing alt chars. If they start ban like steamroll the population would ddrop tremendously. they could implement a in game ban like battle grounds. For example: after bein reported for wintrading, and fact accepted by staff, for such ppl arena is disabled for 30-60-180 days (every time increase) this would prevent the wintrade because if ppl cannot join arena how they wintrade?

3. July 7, 2015  
    win trading i think depend from the rotten brain of players not admin. they could ban them. consider also that most ppl here in mop do pvp only for pass time and thats why they win trade mostly: getting paid for it or fast gearing alt chars. If they start ban like steamroll the population would ddrop tremendously. they could implement a in game ban like battle grounds. For example: after bein reported for wintrading, and fact accepted by staff, for such ppl arena is disabled for 30-60-180 days (every time increase) this would prevent the wintrade because if ppl cannot join arena how they wintrade?
    Umm no.

90 day ban for win-trading so *****s can get the message. We just need a resource to track it.

4. July 7, 2015  
    This would destroy the horde community as everyone would just roll alliance for the free trinket. Warmane wants to be blizzlike and if they do this I'm quitting as I refuse to play alliance

5. July 7, 2015  
    This would destroy the horde community as everyone would just roll alliance for the free trinket. Warmane wants to be blizzlike and if they do this I'm quitting as I refuse to play alliance
    I don't necessarily agree with this point of view.

I understand you are basing your reasoning on Neltharion. As such I'll provide some background for that realm:

What you are arguing is that players are currently on Horde only so they can play Rated BG? But if this were true, they would have all gone Alliance already, since Rated BGs were disabled until last week. As such, I am led to believe, those that have stayed Horde have done so because they enjoy playing as hordes, not because they can play Rated BGs.

As for your second statement: to be truly blizzlike, we have to enable all the functions that were available on retail. One of those was finally being able to have battlegrounds against your own faction.

6. July 7, 2015  
    I think its simply not scripted. Thats why its not enabled.
    To be 100% accurate nothing rated bg specific is scripted. Its just random 10 man premade bg with a (not blizzlike working) rating system.

I guess once they fixxed the more important things they will eventually fix the rated bg bugs aswell including same faction rbg.

7. July 7, 2015  
    To be 100% accurate nothing rated bg specific is scripted. Its just random 10 man premade bg with a (not blizzlike working) rating system.

I guess once they fixxed the more important things they will eventually fix the rated bg bugs aswell including same faction rbg.
    Can Malaco or a Dev please confirm that this is in fact a bug and needs to be reported on bug tracker?

I believe they have been disabled, but if I am incorrect then we can move this discussion to the bug-tracker.

8. July 7, 2015  
    I don't necessarily agree with this point of view.

I understand you are basing your reasoning on Neltharion. As such I'll provide some background for that realm:

What you are arguing is that players are currently on Horde only so they can play Rated BG? But if this were true, they would have all gone Alliance already, since Rated BGs were disabled until last week. As such, I am led to believe, those that have stayed Horde have done so because they enjoy playing as hordes, not because they can play Rated BGs.

As for your second statement: to be truly blizzlike, we have to enable all the functions that were available on retail. One of those was finally being able to have battlegrounds against your own faction.
    Neltharion currently suffers from HUGE faction imbalance in pvp (as you might know) since most horde pvpers have recently transferred to alliance considering that alliance has more serious pvp guilds + better pvp racials, even though they enjoyed playing horde. However, the newly added RBGs encouraged many alliance players to join the horde in order to compete against these alliance pvp guilds. Adding cross-faction RBGs would lead to more faction changes (from horde to alliance) and the horde pvp community would be more dead than it already is.

Anyways, I agree that implementing cross-faction RBGs would spice things up and add more competitiveness to pvp but AT LEAST not on Neltharion.

9. July 8, 2015  

MMR system was working, at least back on Stormstout.
    The rating gains were wrong, as I myself made that bug report.

10. July 9, 2015  
    I can confirm the rating system is broken.

I'm not sure as to how the MMR system works, as it seems sometimes we don't get queue to pop for a while, but re-queueing will make it instant...

An update from our pvp Senpai Malaco or a Dev would be nice.