1. ETA on Lord?

Hi guys as the title says how long before lord will be launched so i can download the game again coz i kinda quit after the moltdown and i only play 1x realms. I just want an estimate on the release date :0

Thx in advance.
    Best player China.

2. This is the kind of information that asking for serves no purpose.
    I can assure you we aren't all just counting how many times players ask, just so when a magic number is reached we answer it.
    We're fully aware players want a date - they always do. If/when there is one, it will be posted officially.

3. Alright, so is there any reason to hold on an official launch even though you are fixing Northrend quests which will only be available a couple of months after launch? This makes no sense. In my oppinion you should be working gradually, and focusing what actualy matters at this point, starting from Vanilla, then focusing on Outlands and so on. Also you shouldn't proclaim that "Lordaeron is coming soon" (™ is an old joke) if you don't even know an average ETA on it. To be honest, am not hating or anything, just sharing my personal oppinion and I suppose majority of people reading daily forums new can relate to this.

4. To be honest, am not hating or anything, just sharing my personal oppinion and I suppose majority of people reading daily forums new can relate to this.
    It's funny that you would say that. Back when Kaer threw the idea of Lordaeron in the Forums, asking for community opinion, it was shot down by negativity so fast that he closed the thread and ditched the idea in the same day if I remember correctly. The whining took many shapes, with the usual "fix MY expansion first" and the like. There were people who said for a server like that to be successful we would need to have it working and scripted 100%, without bugged quests and such.

If it was up to the people reading the Forums daily, this server wouldn't happen. It's happening because Kaer decided this is the kind of place he wants to play in, so we would do it anyways, because he and the Staff deserve their fun as well. It was only later, when people found out the project was still happening and that things were in fact getting worked on a lot and fixed quickly, that people started to "demand" for it to be released yesterday.

Well, each and every time we went with community cries about "releasing what's done and fix the rest later" we got huge backlashes, from complains about the missing content to mockery about our "quality" for releasing stuff unfinished. Add to that the fact that each and every time we give even a rough estimate for release of anything, people jump on us like a pack of rabid dogs a few hours before the very edge of that rough estimate, screaming with crazy eyes about "keep your promises" and such.

So maybe there is an ETA. Maybe there's even an exact date Administration is aiming for (which I'm not implying there is, I really have no information about that). But also maybe we don't want to subject ourselves to that kind of situation again, and things will get released when we decide they are ready to be released the way we want, and not a moment before.

5. It's funny that you would say that. Back when Kaer threw the idea of Lordaeron in the Forums, asking for community opinion, it was shot down by negativity so fast that he closed the thread and ditched the idea in the same day if I remember correctly. The whining took many shapes, with the usual "fix MY expansion first" and the like. There were people who said for a server like that to be successful we would need to have it working and scripted 100%, without bugged quests and such.
    100% is impossible for everyone...there will be always some little bugs somewhere :)

Imho the important thing is to have ALL the spell,talent,main quests and important chain,professions,istance and raid fixed.

6. It's funny that you would say that. Back when Kaer threw the idea of Lordaeron in the Forums, asking for community opinion, it was shot down by negativity so fast that he closed the thread and ditched the idea in the same day if I remember correctly. The whining took many shapes, with the usual "fix MY expansion first" and the like. There were people who said for a server like that to be successful we would need to have it working and scripted 100%, without bugged quests and such.

If it was up to the people reading the Forums daily, this server wouldn't happen. It's happening because Kaer decided this is the kind of place he wants to play in, so we would do it anyways, because he and the Staff deserve their fun as well. It was only later, when people found out the project was still happening and that things were in fact getting worked on a lot and fixed quickly, that people started to "demand" for it to be released yesterday.

Well, each and every time we went with community cries about "releasing what's done and fix the rest later" we got huge backlashes, from complains about the missing content to mockery about our "quality" for releasing stuff unfinished. Add to that the fact that each and every time we give even a rough estimate for release of anything, people jump on us like a pack of rabid dogs a few hours before the very edge of that rough estimate, screaming with crazy eyes about "keep your promises" and such.

So maybe there is an ETA. Maybe there's even an exact date Administration is aiming for (which I'm not implying there is, I really have no information about that). But also maybe we don't want to subject ourselves to that kind of situation again, and things will get released when we decide they are ready to be released the way we want, and not a moment before.

Damn if you do, Damn if you dont.
    I'm sorry but lets face it, you guys chose the wrong game to work with, because WoW being one of the most addictive games in the world, it shows in peoples manners and patience. The community that you work with will rarely be happy and its the upset, unsatisfied and criticizers that will always be the loudest voices wherever you look.

In my opinion, these same kind of people are forgetting they are using you service for free and thus they should realize none of their opinions really should matter.
    Those who donate, while being respectful clients, should realize what the word donate really means.
    And yes I remember during the moltdown server hijack when molten kept making ETA's for when the server would be back up and people went crazy whenever extra time was needed.

Still ... just a slight hint would be nice... start with if its going to be this year or the next... :)
    Edited: July 14, 2015

7. It's funny that you would say that. Back when Kaer threw the idea of Lordaeron in the Forums, asking for community opinion, it was shot down by negativity so fast that he closed the thread and ditched the idea in the same day if I remember correctly. The whining took many shapes, with the usual "fix MY expansion first" and the like. There were people who said for a server like that to be successful we would need to have it working and scripted 100%, without bugged quests and such.

Damn if you do, Damn if you dont.
    I'm sorry but lets face it, you guys chose the wrong game to work with, because WoW being one of the most addictive games in the world, it shows in peoples manners and patience. The community that you work with will rarely be happy and its the upset, unsatisfied and criticizers that will always be the loudest voices wherever you look.

In my opinion, these same kind of people are forgetting they are using you service for free and thus they should realize none of their opinions really should matter.
    Those who donate, while being respectful clients, should realize what the word donate really means.
    And yes I remember during the moltdown server hijack when molten kept making ETA's for when the server would be back up and people went crazy whenever extra time was needed.

Still ... just a slight hint would be nice... start with if its going to be this year or the next... :)
    " (...)you guys chose the wrong game to work with, because WoW being one of the most addictive games in the world, it shows in peoples manners and patience."

Yep. I feel the same way about Lordaeron as most others do, very excited. I've wanted x1 since it was taken away from us. This time it's coming back but even better, I'm really excited. I check the website maybe 10 or 20 times a day for news. Still, I have not posted a single thing complaining about the time it's taking, about the lack of ETA or the fact that "Soon" is starting to take on a whole new meaning compared to my version of it.

I agree with what obnoxious said, it is horrible how progress gets responded too here, but as Imperiet said, this game creates communities like that - although, there are still decent people around, you just don't hear them that often because they just sit and wait, biting their nails in anticipation instead.

My opinion: Warmane should go on strike, shut down everything and just write in big letters on the front page:

The price of free content vs the cost of progress!

That will freak everyone out, see how much they complain after warmane just vanishes for a while hehe. Holiday anyone?
    Edited: July 18, 2015

8. At this point most people would be happy with a rough estimation nothing more not a deadline you need to 100% keep, like the next couple of weeks,end of month,the other, half a year w/e just some information, and some more frequent updates on the main thread, understand us we all want to experience the realm for what it is but staying in the dark outright sucks :/. keep at it tho

9. I've posted once on the Daily update thread at my irritation at peoples demeanor with regards to Warmane, it really shows the ignorance of the people who do the most complaining. Firstly there ARE updates to progress - just because its not on the 1st post on the Lord thread doesn't mean there's no update on this. There was an update post 8 days ago, 3 days ago and today. Pay attention.
    Secondly what the majority of the impatient whiney playerbase dont understand is that warmane WAS a Trinity Core based script. I say was because there have been substantial overhaul over the C++ scripting to a fantastic level, making things that were labeled on the Trinity Repo as 'Impossible to emulate on this core' a reality. Not to mention a rework on all spells, classes, and calculation mechanics? do you even know how many spells are in the 3.3.5a library? i think some of the last spell IDs go to 25959 plus the quests ensuring quest req's work and scale appriopriately - then the NPCs being located in correct zones, with correct loot tables, with correct spells/abilities.
    That isn't even all the work.

So whilst you nag and complain about lord not being released to 'your' timeline - this time Warmane strives for Quality And I really hope they achieve the level of quality Kaer wants.

I look forward to hearing the release date - And plan to be online at server launch.
    I've given my two-bit rant

Peace out!
    Nefandus.

10. At this point most people would be happy with a rough estimation nothing more not a deadline you need to 100% keep, like the next couple of weeks,end of month,the other, half a year w/e just some information, and some more frequent updates on the main thread, understand us we all want to experience the realm for what it is but staying in the dark outright sucks :/. keep at it tho
    You can't simply guess the date it will be finished. Here's how projects work:
    1.You find problem
    2. Try to solve problem, either :
    a) You can't -> Go to step 3
    b) You can -> Go to step 4
    3. Spend an unknown amount of time and unknown amount of resources fixing it
    4. Fix it
    5. Find new problem

Repeat until no more problems are found. The "unknown amount of time" is tricky, as you can find a solution in a month, or in a moment of brilliance. Thus, saying, for example, "We will fix it in 1 month" and they fix it in a week, they have to fill their time or explain to an angry mob who took leaves off school/work (happened before) why it took 1 day instead of a month. Or even worse, say it takes 1 day and it takes a month.

A rough estimate (end of month) can also be misleading, as in programming problems arise when least expected.