1. Wich DK talent spec is best for DPS @BiS gear?

WOTLK
    Hello, im wodnering wich DK talent tree & items build is best for dps? Blood, unholy, rost str or frost arp? I played all of that spec, not completely BiS items but +6.5k gs without SM. And +6.8k with SM (depends wich spec). Atm im playing blood. Most fun looks blood and unholy. Blood looks fun cuz of high burst and unholy is just fun to play. But few ays ago i saw unholy DK with completely same gear as my blood gear and he did almost same damage as me. We both did 13k dps at OS 10 main boss. How he id that damage i dont understad, i never do such high damage with unholy. I know rotations and everything. Any way as i mentione im playing blood dps atm. And i have BiS gear, but all items is with str, no agi items. Arp cap, high attack power and only 39% crit with self buff (horns). Im wondering if blood DK with agility & arp items woul work better than with str & arp items. Lets say Blight might ring change to ring from vdw with agility & arp, polar bear change to leather bracers from saurfang. That woul decrease my attack rating a bit, but i would gain some crit wich is very important stat for blood dk. Im windering if that would work better.
    So there is questions.
    1. Wich is best Dk dps spec?
    2. Is agility & arp items good for blood dk dps?
    Edited: July 16, 2015

2. Rawr recommends using 2 agi items. (Togc back + rotface gloves), those both dont have str + arp alternative though.

3. WOTLK
    But few ays ago i saw unholy DK with completely same gear as my blood gear and he did almost same damage as me. We both did 13k dps at OS 10 main boss. How he id that damage i dont understad, i never do such high damage with unholy.
    Maybe the UH dk was spreading his disease to the fire elementals?

4. Maybe the UH dk was spreading his disease to the fire elementals?
    There was 1 or maybe 2 elementals only.

5. Rawr recommends using 2 agi items. (Togc back + rotface gloves), those both dont have str + arp alternative though.
    but i will lack hit rating then, should i cap it with gems then? And how about to change blight might to ring from Vdw with agi & arp? That will be attack power loss a bit and gain ~1.5% crit.

6. but i will lack hit rating then, should i cap it with gems then? And how about to change blight might to ring from Vdw with agi & arp? That will be attack power loss a bit and gain ~1.5% crit.
    Getting arp from gear and gemming orange gems str + hit gives you more socket bonuses, it should be a bit better (it is for fury -> I am fresh blood dps who is using rawr, since I have good experience from using it).

Anyways, here is the file I used... feel free to play with it http://www.filedropper.com/blooddkbis -> note that it has "only 1260 arp on molten you would go for 1400 for max dps since bugged talent. + I forgot to use bs socket on belt.. make sure to select correct race and profs, even those might change it.

7. Hey, well I advise using bracers of heir hc instead of polar *you get more str as u save arp slots" and also compensating the hit with 12hit 12crit on boots. btw which server do you play on and faction

8. Dont u lose attack power when using leather items? I mean the bladed armor talent grants u ap for armor rating and plate items have significant more armor.

9. You have to take into account that DK's have one of the highest Str to dps conversion ratios (regardless of spec - second only to ret). So yes, while it is worthwhile getting "some" leather pieces (like one or two), you would be gimping yourself if you geared like a warrior. Of course this is only for Blood. For Frost / UH you're better off just sticking to plate.

10. WOTLK
    ... But few ays ago i saw unholy DK with completely same gear as my blood gear and he did almost same damage as me. We both did 13k dps at OS 10 main boss. How he id that damage i dont understad, i never do such high damage with unholy...
    It's not uncommon to see those numbers on an UH DK if he's BIS or close to BIS. I regularly do 12-13k in 10 man raids and 13-15k in 25 man raid outside ICC. That's for single target.
    Inside ICC, I keep up with/outdps most FDKs on all fights except one: DBS. I'm 3 items away from BIS, and I'm limited at around 19k dps on DBS, while FDK's do 20-23k. On the rest of the fights, the difference is much smaller, and sometimes I come ahead of them.

To answer your question:
    I did not test blood extensively, but the tests show higher dps than my UH spec. It's highly RNG dependant though (crit= godlty dps, no crit= close to the bottom of the dps list).

I'm playing unholy due to the requirements of my guild. It's performing okay considering the bugs, and brings tons of utility to the raid.
    A lot of people complain that pets die instantly on any fight, and that is not true. The only fights where pets cannot be kept alive are Lord Marrowgar and BQL. Anything else - they can be easily kept alive with a bit of micromanagement. (Yes, it's more work, having to pay attention to their position and get them out of aoe). UH is more consistent in dps as well, as i keep close to 16-18k on most fights, while other classes drop off considerably compared to DBS.

Frost will do more damage than UH. Easier to play as well, as there are no pets to micromanage.

11. Hey, well I advise using bracers of heir hc instead of polar *you get more str as u save arp slots" and also compensating the hit with 12hit 12crit on boots. btw which server do you play on and faction
    Deathwing Ally, Dk name Lannlster

12. Go frost and stack arp
    And i will do more dps with frost arp than blood? Btw how to get 100% arp without stacking hit ratig with gems?

123 ... Last