1. How much are Warmane points woth in gold?

So , i want to buy a set for my rouge and i dont have like any warmane points but i have 1k gold. So if 300ish warmane points are equal to 1k gold i can trade with someone

2. 1k gold for 300 points ? y right

on wotlk .. voteshop items BoE are about 50 points more or less .... you buy those for a couple thousands on AH... weak conversion

3. You can't trade points for gold. Only coins.

4. You can't trade points for gold. Only coins.
    You can legally trade coins for gold? How?

5. On MoP shop for the best items example 160 points buys you a worthless low level purple gear, only worth the low level dust it disenchants into, so about 160 points = 10 gold in game. So your 300 points are only worth about 20 gold. Points are nearly worthless on MoP.

On cataclysm you could probably get 5 nice large bags worth couple thousand each, so the exchange rate would be much better there. But as stated, you cannot trade points for coins.

6. You can't buy points with gold. And, no matter how you look at it, 1kgold isn't enough gold to do anything for you.

Assuming PvE and WOTLK:
    1. Hit up FOS/POS normal runs or farms (snag any greens that drop that you can use, too)
    2. When average iLevel is high enough, start queuing for RDF HC
    3. Use Emblems to purchase i232 gear to get a decent beginning raiding set
    4. Start doing VOA (10 and 25) and weekly "Must Die" questline whenever you can get into one
    5. Find low-aiming ICC runs (that'll take a 5-5.2k DPS), or get in a guild that will take you in theirs

If you need gold:
    1. Learn a gathering profession (skinning, herb, mining)
    2. Use that profession
    3. Profit

(Doesn't hurt to level a complementary one with it...such as jewelcrafting with mining, or alchemy with herbing, or leatherworking with skinning, but my experience says raw mats are often as good as their crafted components.)