1. Twink Tournament | Thoughts?

Greetings Warmane Twinks,

We are wondering whether a twink tournament would be a welcome addition to our event schedule and we would like you to provide your ideas, mainly in terms which bracket and which realm we would have most participants on. The target community of such events would be small so it's important to know where we would be able to host such an event without interruptions and smoothly, whether pre-registration would be a good or a bad thing and such.

So please, give us your suggestions, ideas and thoughts.

2. This is my opinion, from a 3.3.5 perspective.

Something like that would make very happy just a little minority, including me.

<Wrath Of The Lich Twinks> is 166 characters, a hundred 19s, I guess we are like 50 people with 19s on Deathwing, Alliance.

Some of us would donate if 19 Faction transfer was available. (We are not asking for it, I know stuff like this creates a lot of trouble or is just not worth it)

The reason that I keep mentioning the transfer is because of Inferno Robe, I don't want to elaborate a big text, but iiin caaaseee someone starts to think about this like a reality, Alliance is in disadvantage because of this item.

If the tournament is organized in some kind of dueling bia, Shaman or Paladin would have the advantage. If the tournament is organized via 2v2 Shaman Paladin team would be in advantage, 3v3 and 5v5 may be balanced and may have the posibility to experiment and have fun. Balanced team against a full team of Rogues or Hunters, bla bla bla.

There are a lot of spells and abilities not working perfectly, we are able to exploit them, and people use this or may use this, even if there was a punishment for people doing this while in tournament it will be a problem. People using it by accident, bla bla bla.

I said all this because you have Community Manager title or whatever, and because you asked. I wouldn't comment about 19 not being perfect and stuff, I know Warmane should keep working and focusing on end game.

This would be a great to bring people or to get people start playing on Lordaeron when it comes Live. Like when it comes live, announce a variety of activities, I can't think of examples, but in those activities the Twink Tournament may be one, like, Lordaeron live today, tournament in 1 week or 1 month.

3. Heels is right, twinks are different no matter the bracket within each expansion, and due to bugged spells and items, some can easily get the advantage over someone else and or due to such, be weaker than their opponent. For example on MoP, Rogues have bugged spells through a certain spec, same with Hunters. Druids on MoP I dunno what kind of miracle sauce they are drinking and Priests are downright powerful that a single geared and well equip priest can dominate someone or a group alone.

4. I don't play the lower level brackets, nor do I play 79s, so I won't speak for them, but there should be a decent 60 population on Ragnaros (albeit mostly Horde based) and a decent 70 population on Deathwing (mostly Alliance based). The problem with a 60 tournament would be the resetting of medallion cooldowns (5 minutes as opposed to 2), but besides that, I don't really see any other problems. A 70 tournament would also work, but from my experience, there is a certain ineptitude with regard to PvP and twinking in general. I'm not sure what the goal in holding a tournament is, whether it is to be streamed for viewers to watch or for the entertainment of twinks, but it would definitely be fun for the twinks, maybe not so much for the viewers.

As for the logistics of the tournament, when I hosted a tournament with a few other 70s on Deathwing before Moltdown, we scouted out a few locations that we could hold it at, with the following criteria in mind.
    1. Has objects to use for LoS
    2. No mobs or aggressive NPCs that would attack combatants.
    3. Has area for spectators on flying mounts, or away from the combat.
    4. Remote enough so that people would not interfere.
    5. No area-wide buffs that would provide a benefit to a certain faction, like Nagrand Arena would.

If needed, I could go back to those spots and find the coordinates, so that you could scout. Preregistration may not work out so well, too. The twink community isn't exactly as organized as it would be when hosting a tournament for 80s, and when we hosted our tournament, there were many no-shows (and therefore, people advanced by default, or we had to have substitutes jump in).

EDIT: I don't check these forums or login as much as I used to, so my reply time might be a bit slow.

5. Heels is right, twinks are... and Priests are downright powerful that a single geared and well equip priest can dominate someone or a group alone.

There is a certain ineptitude with regard to PvP and twinking in general.
    I know this is not related to this thread but what do you mean?

The tournament would be just to have fun and do stuff, I mean, if it is streamed and people watch it, good, if people starts playing more, good, but it's not like there's a main goal, it's just an activity, like every other activity in life, away from eating, restroom, sex, sleeping, everything is just... Entertainment or... You know what I mean? And yes, I think it would be boring to watch, if you're not related to the people playing or too involved in twinking...

Logistics... The guy that started the thread is not a normal Forum Member, he is Community Manager, I think his job is to be active in the Forum and find out stuff, then he tells developers or ingame-game masters or whatever, so that they could organize an event or activity. I think if this ever happens it will be like the 80 activities, like, in an instance or arena or idk, but it won't be like players organizing it and doing what you mentioned. Anyways, now that I'm here I will blah blah blah;

1. Yes, objects for Line of Sight and stuff, please, Gurubashi Arena and other locations are... It's like outside Stormwind, the 80 duel Zone, I mean, I don't do it, but DpSers get angry if a caster runs around tree, or starts LoSing and stuff, it's like if casters get angry if Hunter uses pet or Warriors charge and stuff...

2. Ha, yeah... I remember I was logged on 2 WoWs to whisper the other faction and meet for "duels". Like, world PvP but just 1v1 and with a few rules and stuff... And when I first tried to do this we met in Nagrand, I think, went to Shattrath, then walked to Nagrand and there were this peaceful NPCs, like Draenei Nagrand's villagers or something, and we started to fight and bam! The noob twinks didn't know that NPCs get angry if you PvP and they insta killed both of us :(

4. There's always someone who would log other account and try to mess around, I have helped to organize and have been part of 19 tournaments and people logged 80 char and stuff. Then we stopped doing duel tournaments and we did it via Skirmish arena.

And yeah, forget about registration and like... organizing a schedule and announcing the duels and teams and who will go against who and stuff, like in real life tournaments, of sports and stuff, you know how they show a table like... Russia vs Germany, USA vs Canada, Mexico vs Brasil... And the winners then will be like Russia vs USA and stuff... That is good from the organizer side, but people would be like, if Warmane does it, it would be ok because it's warmane, but if players organize it and they truly did random and luck and stuff and they show table people would be like omg wtf bla bla bla you put me against them in purpose so I lose and stuff...

I think it would be better to call it or make it a PvP Twink event or activity, a tournament means there's a winner, like if he or they were the best at PvPing and stuff, plus people would never be happy about price, if there's any. If 1v1 tournament I will win but that doesn't mean I'm better and stuff, it's just that I play with 2 anti ghosting keyboards, 1 is controlled by a friend or my sister and it's just for certain abiltiites and stuff, like to keep track of mage sheep so they cast sw:death, and fear and PS and stuff like that.... and I use my own custom made add ons and macros and exploits and scripts not found in internet, and I have 10 button mouse, not naga, obviously, I'm 80 Twink, not 80 zhit.

-Religious †
    Edited: July 17, 2015

6. I know this is not related to this thread but what do you mean?
    Meaning that there is a wide spectrum of the levels of PvP skill, at least with the higher level brackets. Most of the fights would not be very interesting because of that.

Logistics... The guy that started the thread is not a normal Forum Member, he is Community Manager, I think his job is to be active in the Forum and find out stuff, then he tells developers or ingame-game masters or whatever, so that they could organize an event or activity. I think if this ever happens it will be like the 80 activities, like, in an instance or arena or idk, but it won't be like players organizing it and doing what you mentioned.
    I realize that. I never implied that players would be organizing; I was simply speaking using past experience of hosting at twink PvP tournament a while back.

1. Yes, objects for Line of Sight and stuff, please, Gurubashi Arena and other locations are... It's like outside Stormwind, the 80 duel Zone, I mean, I don't do it, but DpSers get angry if a caster runs around tree, or starts LoSing and stuff, it's like if casters get angry if Hunter uses pet or Warriors charge and stuff...
    Using LoS can be quite important, so at least the areas we had in mind for our tournament (since the OP did ask) were large enough to use for LoS, but not large enough to endlessly pillar hump.

4. There's always someone who would log other account and try to mess around, I have helped to organize and have been part of 19 tournaments and people logged 80 char and stuff. Then we stopped doing duel tournaments and we did it via Skirmish arena
    Only reason skirmishes didn't happen was because people couldn't spectate and we didn't have anyone who could stream.

omg wtf bla bla bla you put me against them in purpose so I lose and stuff...
    That really did happen, even with randomized seeds.

7. There wouldn't be any problems with cooldown reset as the games between twinks would be played in arenas.

8. I say community manager make a twink and find out themselves lol.
    MoP twinks, mainly the 70s, already have too much drama and rivalry its not even funny.
    They are open to anything, but at the same time, some people are able to dominate another player easily. The guy they call Red Panda, Critix, Mythirac (Mythidrac), Shieldtowin, and the list goes on. Best way to determine how to form an even is to join the community.

9. We got the 60 Twinks on Ragnaros

<Old School>
    Edited: July 20, 2015

10. We got the 60 Twinks on Ragnaros

<Old School>
    Are you the same Old School 60s on Frostwolf?

11. Yes, tho its pretty inactive on frostwolf

12. If you have enough interested players, we can create a 60 Twink Tournament, streamed by on our official stream and all. We'll have some form of pre-registration so people that are not from your guild can join as well as long as they're part of the bracket.

Do tell.

13. If you have enough interested players, we can create a 60 Twink Tournament, streamed by on our official stream and all. We'll have some form of pre-registration so people that are not from your guild can join as well as long as they're part of the bracket.

Do tell.
    What of the other brackets such as the 10s, 70s and 80s? I think the 19s on MoP are just hiding away right now.
    10s, 19s, and 60s lack players.

Another thing to note is some non-twinks can get 1-shotted or steamrolled by a geared player, so that's needs to be taken into consideration.
    If anything, some choose to make a twink for said bracket and see how it feels first.

14. What of the other brackets such as the 10s, 70s and 80s? I think the 19s on MoP are just hiding away right now.
    10s, 19s, and 60s lack players.

Another thing to note is some non-twinks can get 1-shotted or steamrolled by a geared player, so that's needs to be taken into consideration.
    If anything, some choose to make a twink for said bracket and see how it feels first.
    It's a twink tournament, non-twinks won't participate. When I said "others" I was referring to members that are twinks but not part of that guild. About brackets, it would be ideal to have a tournament for each of them but it really depends on demand.

15. It's a twink tournament, non-twinks won't participate. When I said "others" I was referring to members that are twinks but not part of that guild. About brackets, it would be ideal to have a tournament for each of them but it really depends on demand.
    19 twink tournament on Ragnaros.
    Hype hype.

I'm working really hard to get the bracket back to life, I created a guild yesterday and we're at 30 memebers and about 10 online most of the time.
    Level 19 twinks are also easy to create, it takes 3 hours to make one from 0(this inclues emblems farming for BOA gear), if people hear about it, they will create 19 twinks asap and there will be many teams there that can join.
    Spoiler: Show
    Edited: July 20, 2015

123 Last