1. [Addon] RecountChatFilter - Reduce Recount/Skada spam to clickable one-liners!

RecountChatFilter
    "Noise proves nothing. Often a hen who has merely laid an egg cackles as if she laid an asteroid." - Mark Twain

Description

RecountChatFilter intercepts Recount/Skada spam and reduces an entire report to a single line with a clickable link (surrounded by brackets, similar to items, quests, achievements, etc.). Clicking the link opens a tooltip that shows the report in its entirety.

I wrote this addon because I got tired of my raid chat being spammed with information that most people already have in their own Recount/Skada. Whatever their reasons may be for posting the reports (Mark Twain quote), it is still very noisy (especially in 25-man raids when people don't limit the number of lines).

I have only tested it with Skada (but it should work with Recount as well) and the default Blizzard UI. Heavily complex addons like Prat may or may not prevent the chat filtering from working as intended, and I have not tested with a multi-chat-frame setup yet.

Screenshots

With class information available, RecountChatFilter will color the data lines according to class colors:

Otherwise, it will fall back to the default two shades of gray:

Known bugs

• In Skada (maybe also in Recount), the "Enemy damage taken" and "Enemy damage done" meters are not ranked, i.e. they do not have numbers before the names of the mobs, and RecountChatFilter looks specifically for ranks, so these two meters are currently not supported.
    Edited: July 24, 2015

2. But then you don't get the nicely formatted tooltips!

Jokes aside, I never knew this existed. I generally don't look for addons outside of those two addon compilation threads here on the forums, because a lot of the interesting addons on wowace and curse are for 4.x and up :( Thanks for the link, though. Might take a look at how it handles Prat, if it turns out that RecountChatFilter doesn't work with it :)

3. Version 1.1 released

This version has a few new features and some minor performance tweaks.

• Lines are now colored by class when possible.
    • Outgoing whispers are now filtered as well.
    • The player who sent the report is now included in the report tooltip.

Click here for the full changelog.

4. Screenshots updated to reflect the new changes to data line colors.