1. Names. Really guys?

Okay, everyone likes to play WoW in their own way. Some people like hardcore PvE, some like hardcore RP (no sexual intent here. probably.), and others like PvP. Me? I have a simple pleasure. I enjoy having short and concise names. Names like "Judge", "Comcast", "Verizon", "Shine", "Lake" simple 1-word names like that.

But no. Someone just couldn't let anyone else have them.

I wrote up a quick script to try and find me a name. The list includes the top 300 (THREE HUNDRED) female baby names of 2014. The name of all Eve Ships (And I think some other words from Eve), all of the WoW ability names, and a list of some of my personal favorite names.

ZERO HITS.

NONE of those names were available.

I was actually thinking that there was something wrong with the existing name lookup system, but I did finally get some acceptable names that weren't taken.

Some weirdo out there has like 50 accounts of reserved names that he'll never use, and can't sell.

I just want my name Shine back. Seriously.

/endrant

2. For people that are wondering what the OP is talking about:

He likes short names and is pissed that he cannot get something like "Shine" because some guy has taken it and has probably left the server. Also he indirectly indicates that the warmane staff should do some clean up like achieving of some accounts so that names like "shine" are back in the pool of available names.

3. For people that are wondering what the OP is talking about:

He likes short names and is pissed that he cannot get something like "Shine" because some guy has taken it and has probably left the server. Also he indirectly indicates that the warmane staff should do some clean up like achieving of some accounts so that names like "shine" are back in the pool of available names.

Yeah, this.
    I guess I don't keep my forum posts short and concise like my names ;P

And you know, I wouldn't even be that upset if the names were actually in use. But they just aren't.

4. And how do you know if they are or not...

I mean your going to say Im a bad person cos I have the name Angel, shes my main but I dont play on Warmane much, I'm level 90 and 500Ilvl....

Not every name is a level 1 placeholder toon, a lot of players went inactive, I can say my old guild from 40ish members on daily half stopped playing and the other half broke apart into separate guilds.

5. And how do you know if they are or not...

I mean your going to say Im a bad person cos I have the name Angel, shes my main but I dont play on Warmane much, I'm level 90 and 500Ilvl....

Not every name is a level 1 placeholder toon, a lot of players went inactive, I can say my old guild from 40ish members on daily half stopped playing and the other half broke apart into separate guilds.
    Which is fine! I'm completely okay with that. I understand that they're not all level 1 placeholders, but I have to assume that a majority of them _are_

6. And how do you know if they are or not...

you can know if they never use it by just log in game and add that name and will say player not found even on oposite faction but when u get the name, its taken. Player not found are people that reserved the name but never LOGGED into it at all. Some stupid guy took my name to impersonate me, but never uses it to gear up or anything but impersonating.

By the way, Warmane is planing to release a 1 year of inactivity very very very soon in the future. In my opinion, i bet they will release when the realms are running out of names.