1. May 11, 2016  

Horde Leveling Guide

The owner of this guide who goes by the name "RenZoneNL" is no longer active, but guide is being preserved due to the quality of it.

Hello everyone!

I decided to make this extensive guide exclusively for Sargeras, since I have about 10 characters that I've levelled up to 80 in many different ways. As a result I've found the most relaxed and easiest way to get to 80 in no time. So I decided to share this knowledge with you. Just to make it clear, this is my way of levelling.

This guide is based on levelling as a Horde, but I think this can also be used for alliance, starting from the level 35 zone.

Before we start off with the guide. If you want to level up even more easily, I suggest that you make use of the voting system. If you vote everyday, you can ease up the levelling even more by purchasing a strong weapon from the vote shop which has no level requirement. You can find a list of weapons here.

I recommend every time you log out, you log out in a nearby inn. This will put you in a rested state and your exp bar will turn blue, doubling the exp you gain from killing monsters. If you do this often, you will notice that you'll gain an additional level whilst carrying out your quests, by just killing the quest monsters.
    This is more for the lower levels, but can also be effective for higher levels.

The "Level #-#" that I include are just recommendations I give. If you wish, you can leave the zone 1-2 levels earlier, or even a few levels later. It all depends on yourself.

Level 1-10

This depends purely on what race you pick. Just pick up a few quests from your starter zone and complete them. A few of those will already get you to 10. You can also just kill the monsters until you reach level 10. (Killing monsters for experience is called Grinding.)
    Once you're done, find a nearby trainer at a nearby town and buy all the spells for your level, or all you can afford.
    A tip for Undead levellers. The rats that walk around the grass contain about 1 silver and 40 copper. Kill a few of these to start out with a nice sum of coins, so you can buy your skills.

Level 10-20

This depends on if you start out on the island "Eastern Kingdoms" or "Kalimdor".
    Eastern Kingdom: Fly to "The Sepulcher", in Silverpine Forest. Pick up most of the reasonable quests there. I suggest starting out with the quest where you have to kill 10 bears and spiders. If so, move to the upper parts of Silverpine Forest, or left when you leave The Sepulcher. Along the way you can start killing some bears. When you follow the road up, to your left you will find a field for the Nightstalker quest. You can do that one whilst you do the bear and spider quest. Once you've finished with these you can carry out the rest of your quests till you've reached level 20.

Kalimdor: Fly to the "Crossroads" in The Barrens. Pick up the few quests there. I recommend starting out with the Raptor heads and the razorbacks (if that's right.). Grinding here is also quite effective. Once you move up the Barrens a bit, or towards Ratchet, you'll notice the monsters are a few levels higher than the ones around the Crossroads.

Once you're done here, remember to visit your nearby capital to buy your skills, as well as your riding skill and mount, if you can afford it. (class skills before mount.)

Level 20-35

The following is for both Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdom. As for Kalimdor, as soon as you're done at the Barrens, you should return to Durotar and take the first Zeppelin to Undercity. These can be found in front of Orgrimmar.
    Fly to Tarren Mill in Hillsbrad Foothills. There's plenty of quests there to pick up. I recommend starting out with the quests at Durnholde Keep. Once you complete the ones in that area you could move to the Hillsbrad Fields and finish those. Some of these may be tough with the competition killing the same quest monsters. If it's too much you can always choose to log out for a while and come back later when it's calmer. When you turn all of these in you should be around 30. Now you could try to do the high level WANTED quest in Alterac Mountains. This guy will be quite tough to find, and to kill. But if you purchased one of the vote weapons, it shouldn't be much trouble. If you didn't, you may want to look around for people around your level to assist you. Or maybe a high level friend.
    In the following image I marked a few spots where Baron could be hiding. These red dots mark his potential camping spots. You should find him somewhere around here.

Once you've succeeded, turn it in. If you're a caster you'll receive a very nice robe and you should be around level 33-35. You can choose to kill a few mobs around your level. For example, the Drunken Footpads that loiter around the road from Hillsbrad to Alterac. Or the ogres. Or you can head for Thousand Needles in Kalimdor.

When done, return to your trainer to update your skills.

Level 35-40

Head to Undercity and take the Zeppelin to Orgrimmar. From there, fly to Gadgetzan, Tanaris. Once you arrive you should mount up fast and head up to the Shimmering Flats in Thousand Needles. (Fast due to the amount of level 80's killing everyone they see in Gadgetzan.) Once you head down to the middle of the Shimmering Flats, you'll get to a small village of gnomes. Pick up all the quests there. All of the quest mobs are found around the Shimmering Flats, so it's quite easy and fun to level here imo. While you kill the mobs you should be able to do the Rocket Cart Parts as well. May seem hard but they're everywhere. Sometimes you even find 3-4 on one spot. The Saltstone quest can be quite tricky. The Saltstone Gazer can only be found at the BOTTOM of the Shimmering Flats. The Crystalhide can be found on particular spots around the Shimmering Flats, but it shouldn't be too hard.
    Once you finish with all of these you should be just about level 40. Time to hearthstone and pick up your level 40 mount along with your skills.

Level 40-56

Now you can head towards Tanaris. Pick up all the quests at Gadgetzan.
    Here you have two choices: Level the very fast way, with help from a level 80.
    Or level by yourself, doing all the regular quests.

Since I have my own level 80, I use my level 80 to "power level" my level 40 character in th e"Zul'Farrak" dungeon, while doing the quests "Troll Temper" and "Divino-Matic Rod", which give ALOT of exp, since they're dungeon quests. Once I finished the dungeon, I'm about level 45-47 just by the mobs that my level 80 killed there. When I exit the dungeon, I immediately follow up doing the quest with the Untapped Dowsing thingy, at a very small pool of water just near Zul'Farrak. This gives alot of exp as well, once completed, and it's very easy when you can avoid the spiders. When I'm done, I turn them all in back at Gadgetzan. This brings me to around level 49-51. Very fast indeed.
    If you don't have a level 80 yourself, you can try asking one of your guild members, if you have one, or a random level 80 wandering around Gadgetzan. Some are nice enough to help you out.

If that fails, you can do the regular killing quests all around Tanaris, which works out just as well. I'm skipping those, since I'm already level 50 after Zul'Farrak.
    Now I proceed to do the two WANTED quests, to kill Caliph Scorpidstinger and Andre Firebeard. Andre is very easy to find and it's a matter of camping his spawn location if he's not already there. Caliph is pretty hard to find. He walks a fairly long route, which makes it hard to find him. And you couldn't know if he's alive or not, since alot of people are doing these quests. For me it's usually a matter of luck once I find him.

When you've killed both, return and turn them in. You'll be around level 53 now. You can pick up some of the higher level quests around Gadgetzan now, including the Dunemaul ogre quest, the Laden Dew Gland, the Centipaar insects and the Thistleshrub valley. Doing all of these should bring you to level 56!
    You're done in Tanaris and should hearthstone back to buy new skills. Once done, take the Zeppelin to Stranglethorn Vale/Undercity and fly over to Flame Crest in the Burning Steppes.

Level 56-58

Pick up most of the quests here, except the ones for the dungeon Blackrock Spire. Once you complete these, you should be level 58 or so.
    A little exploit for instantly going from 56 to 58 is to take the quest inside the cave called Kibler's Exotic Pets. It will tell you to go to the dungeon, but you don't have to. You'll receive an item once you accept that quest. Use this item and it will cast something. This will finish the quest instantly without having to do anything! Enjoy your free two levels! (This may be fixed somewhere in the future but I doubt it will.)

Level 58-70

To the Outlands! Fly to Stonard in the Swamp of Sorrows. Once you arrive, travel down towards the Blasted Lands. If you follow the road you'll find the Dark Portal. Take the quest infront of it and enter the portal. Turn it in inside and follow the instructions, which will take you to Thrallmar. You could grab a flying mount there, if you have the money. Grab some of the quests around there. I kinda hate those quests. When you've finally done most of them, you should be a few levels ahead. You can fly to Falcon Watch now. There's alot of easy quests over there. Take most of them. The only difficult one is the WANTED, stonetalon guy. You'll need another guy to help you out with that. Or of course, you can get a level 80 to help you.
    The quests in Falcon Watch sometimes chain up, bringing you to even more quests. One of them brings you to Cenarion Post, where another small batch of quests is available. All of these together should easily bring you up to 70, or even higher if you're persistent.

Level 70-78

Northrend! Hearthstone back to town and level up your skills. Get to Orgrimmar, using the Zeppelin if you're not already there. From Orgrimmar, take the Zeppelin to Borean Tundra. Here is where you'll be leveling till about 77-79. The first few quests at Warsong Hold are horrible imo. But once you're past that, the rest is quite fun. The downside is that you have to do alot of them to gain levels.
    You arrive in Warsong Hold. Walk around a bit and take the quests (mainly the ones outside of the building). You're gonna be killing a few spiders and stuff. You might think some of these are bugged, but they're all working. The Peon quest is annoying, as you got about a 30% chance a Peon will be hidden in those white spider sacks, instead of an ANNOYING warsong minion that attracts all the spiders around you when you try to move somewhere.
    Once you do all the quests around those pits at Warsong Hold, you can finally get out of those nasty pits and move up to the pair of quest givers to the north-west. They give some easy quests and you should be done with those fast. Don't do the quest with the sick Kodo's though, that one is bugged. When you're done with those, you can get away from Warsong Hold. Fly to Taunka'Le Village. Take all the quests. They're fun and easy to do and rewarding. Start off at the ones in the Geyser Fields. Once you're done with all of those, you can do the one with the storm tempest and a few of the quests in the snow around the village.

When you're done with those, you should head towards the Tauren female located somewhere around here;

I don't know if it's the exact location but she's around here, along with a kodo and a big rock. A quest even brings you to her. She'll give a few quests to kill those huge... horse-things. Do that one, along with the few scourge quests. They're doable, but it might be hard to find some of them.

This all together should bring you to about level 78! If you wish, you can explore the other parts of Borean Tundra to get to 79-80, but I don't recommend you to, since they give low rewards.

Level 78-80

Fly to Nesingwary Base Camp in Sholazar Basin. Pick up a few quests here. I don't recommend doing the killing quest for those miners. I think they're hard to find, waste of time. You can also fly to River's Heart first to do 2 easy quests with big reward. One where you have to kill a tiger and one where you have to find Vic's keys. This one might be tricky, because the small fish in the river are a pain in the ***. Look around the bottom of the lake, you'll see a few piles of sand laying around. Hover your mouse over them and if it's right, you'll see that one of the piles of sand will contain the keys. (I, by the way, don't know if those are one of my addons or if it's implemented in wow itself.) Click on it and you'll find the keys. If you click on the piles which don't indicate the keys are there, a fish will spawn, and you won't be liking this fish!

If I'm right, all these quests should take you to 80 easily. If not, there are plenty more quests available around Sholazar.

That's it!

I hope this guide will help you level up even easier than it already is :D

Sorry if the guide is hard to read due to some of the walls of text. And sorry if my descriptions can be somewhat hard to comprehend. I did my best.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

2. So.... BT is gonna take me from 70 to 78? Um.... No