1. Global Chat on Ragnaros

Hello everyone. I started playing after the wipe. And what i see is global chat has a less limited chat protection and everything is flowing so fast, everybody is literally spamming. I wonder why this happened but you need to fix this asap. It hurts my eyes and i get angry trying to make my raid seen.

2. here is a fixture:
    1: Press <enter>
    2: Type in chat:
    Code:
     /leave global
    3: Press <enter>

Voila fixed

3. Thats an *****ic fix. If I wanted to leave global, i would do it.

4. Sadly warmane cant change all the morrons spamming the channel. Ofcourse they can put up hard protections .. but that would limit the normal use of it and the spammers will find a work around (no im not gonna spoil it for them).
    So the best sollution.

leave the channel .. and if you really really really need it rejoin it .. then leave it when done.
    But to be honest with you .. i left it because of the spamm .. and never returned.

5. That channel was working really good before that change. It wasnt so limited. Better limit if instead of current status.

6. It indeed was .. but as mentioned .. sadly some braindead people have joined the community who either have a sticky enter key or dont understand that spamming isnt the way to get your message out.
    Ofcourse warmane could limit it .. but there are work around .. so eventually it wouldnt solve it.

What will solve the issue is that the channel is filled with spammers .. and that the real active mature players use other ways to communicate.
    In the end .. we non-spammers will win.

Silence is the best way to spamm.

7. I could have missed it, but I don't recall any comments about any "chat protection" being changed whatsoever.
    It seems more plausible to me that what happened is just that the amount of people spamming increased.

8. I could have missed it, but I don't recall any comments about any "chat protection" being changed whatsoever.
    It seems more plausible to me that what happened is just that the amount of people spamming increased.
    Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam.
    The filter was a little stricter before (2 messages within 3 seconds was a mute, now 3 within 5 or something), but for the most part it's just more people like you said.

9. You could just make a chat tab just for global also.

10. I could have missed it, but I don't recall any comments about any "chat protection" being changed whatsoever.
    Oh no. It was much stricter like Sixtyninee said. You got one minute mute when you wrote 2 things fast. But now you can spam it with a macro or smt.

11. You could just make a chat tab just for global also.
    I already use it in a tab, but thats not the problem here.

12. As I remember years ago you could type only 2 messages in a row in few seconds, if you exceed that amount you get muted for a minute I believe. It was good feature for global channel only. Now you can spam as much as you want.

13. As I remember years ago you could type only 2 messages in a row in few seconds, if you exceed that amount you get muted for a minute I believe. It was good feature for global channel only. Now you can spam as much as you want.
    It was like that before moltdown. Thank you.

14. I already use it in a tab, but thats not the problem here.
    Does it remain too spammy still? I've been using "right click -> report for spam" to temporarily ignore (it only lasts until you relog) players advertising things that I'm not interested in. For example, if I'm looking for a raid, I'll use that feature to clear what I see of global from heroic dungeon groups, pvp groups, etc. that I'm not interested in. If it gets really spammy, it can be difficult to click on those names, but it's the best solution for it that I've come upon so far.

Also, don't worry about flooding the GMs with those "report for spam" things; I don't believe it actually sends any data to the GMs themselves, just to the database on the back-end.

15. Oh no. It was much stricter like Sixtyninee said. You got one minute mute when you wrote 2 things fast. But now you can spam it with a macro or smt.
    Much stricter? He said two messages in three seconds would get you muted before, three messages in five seconds now. If you extrapolate it to fifteen seconds (the first point where the grace periods meet), on the old case you would be able to get five messages without getting banned, while now you would get six. One whole message of difference.

You also shouldn't stop reading at the part that interests you - read the "but for the most part it's just more people like you said" part as well.

12 Last