1. Gold Drain Ideas

Hello Guys,

Edit :

I'm Sorry for the Ideas that I posted which made you guys unhappy. So according to the Comments, we need ideas which don't effect the Blizzlike Feelz, in simple no custom features.

So if you have any Gold Drain Ideas which can be used without effecting the Blizzlike feelz, please post them Below.

Some of the Ideas posted in this thread are :

My most useful idea would be to make all the items available on coin shop accessable for ridiculous amount of gold (non gear type of items) Rich kids will buy them for coins, farmers will dump their gold on it. And then gold/coin trading could be rightfully disabled as well since they would be equivalents on a fixed price. (since Warmane will need to work out a coin shop system allowing donations without flooding the server with BIS gear anyway I suppose it will be vanity stuff, pets mounts etc...)

i. eg. you can make a 20 coin cost rare pet equivalent to 200k gold. That is around the original wotlk gold cap. Very few people will actually have that money on a x1 server to spend it , especially on a ****ty pet, but the most crazy farmers and collectors will still do so - and thats how a gold sink works.
    We could do weekly raffles for non gear items that can't be gained in game. Say 1000g per ticket. Or PVP tournaments with a buy in. Winner gets the pot minus 20% of the total.
    Edited: August 20, 2015

2. Hello Guys, i got some ideas for gold drain some may sound stupid and my English Sucks :P

1. Using RDF cost Gold.
    2. Increase Repair Cost for level 80 items
    3. Monthly gold decrease for Guild Bank for each Tab unlocked so each and every person in the guild can contribute to the monthly Gold decrease. If monthly payments are made Item Repair Cost is free.
    4. Reduce Guild Bank gold cap
    5. Gold to Emblem converter or Point converter

So what are your Gold Drain ideas? :D
    I`ll add only one, PLAYER GOLD CAP.

Edit: 30-50k player gold cap i think is more then enough, having this will always keep the price in AH low, also constant deletion/wipe of low level characters that have big amount of gold (bankers characters, this should be simple, level 1-2-3 char with gold cap, with less than few hours of playtime since the date that was created) would be good idea too
    Deletion/wipe of guilds that have LESS than 10 players (ofc with wipe of guild vault), identifying fake guilds from legit can be done easy, again just check the level of members & playtime.
    250-500k guild vault gold cap.

Edit2: MOST IMPORTANT, DISABLE MARKETPLACE TRADING FOR COINS, guilds/ninjas wont get benefit from farming BOES.
    Edited: July 23, 2015

3. Taxes, buy-able tickets/tokens for variety of services, maybe do instant travel at the 10X larger price? Make use of features you want to disable, set community goals, like, if one or other faction/guild manages to collect enough gold to buy a certain token/badge that guild/faction gets a bonus of sorts.

This needs to be approached as real life situation. We can't stop "printing money" since loot is a core way to earn money. But cosmetic items wont cut it either, since a smart merchant will earn more and more, as his share of the market increases, yet if you give him something useful, that he might get to use on his current, or other characters, then you will be able to drain some money from the community.

Giving an advantage such as exp boost, rep boost, means that those people will be able to gain progress faster and quicker, but it will not be pay to win, since in the end, once you get a level 80 character, everyone hits a barrier so hard, that it makes everyone equal. From there on, gear and player skill are only two things that matter. So, giving boosts would be a fair way to drain gold.

In the end, what ever drain is, it must be fair for those that do not get 20% share of whole AH as well as make it not feel like a punishment for doing well on trading, crafting, looting or what other service you are providing(Mage ports and such).

4. I`ll add only one, PLAYER GOLD CAP.

Edit: 30-50k player gold cap i think is more then enough, having this will always keep the price in AH low, also constant deletion/wipe of low level characters that have big amount of gold (bankers characters, this should be simple, level 1-2-3 char with gold cap, with less than few hours of playtime since the date that was created) would be good idea too
    Deletion/wipe of guilds that have LESS than 10 players (ofc with wipe of guild vault), identifying fake guilds from legit can be done easy, again just check the level of members & playtime.
    250-500k guild vault gold cap.

Edit2: MOST IMPORTANT, DISABLE MARKETPLACE TRADING FOR COINS, guilds/ninjas wont get benefit from farming BOES.
    Those all are awful ideas. What you are saying, let us demand large corporations, companies and industries to give everything they have. If you punish players for doing good job at something, you loose players. Some players enjoy playing the AH. Can you blame them? No, that is a feature in a MMORPG. Professions are a thing as well, to give people who like making armor or potions to earn money an alternative. Do not remove symptoms, treat causes of those symptoms. If you break your arm, and it causes you pain, do you cut off your arm? No, you help your body to fix it, so it would no longer cause pain. For comfort of yourself, you take medicine, if need rises, to help deal with the pain.

5. Option to whisper members of the opposite fraction, charging each whisper decent amount of gold.

6. Edit2: MOST IMPORTANT, DISABLE MARKETPLACE TRADING FOR COINS, guilds/ninjas wont get benefit from farming BOES.
    I think market place trading can give Lordaeron a way to spend Coins and there will be less Ninjas in this Realm too :)

Edit : Correct me if I'm wrong. Even coin trading seems to be okay because we are just trading gold for coin, we wont get extra gold into the economy like buying gold for coins or questing and looting.

7. server should be BLIZZLIKE so u cannot put RDF for gold. Instead i agree to give a gold cap of, let's say, 40k and MAXIMUM 4 char per account on Lordaeron.

8. Do not throw trash into other garden and call it equality. Blizzlike, then why remove features, why force people into restrains?

9. server should be BLIZZLIKE so u cannot put RDF for gold.
    isn't it better than removing RDF? which is also not Blizzlike :) ?

10. Easy - Transmogs . Either way,no matter what you say,you cant call it blizzlike when you have market. So dont be like '' TRansmog isnt blizzlike,there was no transmog back in wotlk'' No one cares!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blizzard didnt make it all 100% correct. You can add your features and still call it blizzlike. Transmog is a great feature,I wont look the same as other 249 dks with bis gear.

11. Those all are awful ideas. What you are saying, let us demand large corporations, companies and industries to give everything they have. If you punish players for doing good job at something, you loose players. Some players enjoy playing the AH. Can you blame them? No, that is a feature in a MMORPG. Professions are a thing as well, to give people who like making armor or potions to earn money an alternative. Do not remove symptoms, treat causes of those symptoms. If you break your arm, and it causes you pain, do you cut off your arm? No, you help your body to fix it, so it would no longer cause pain. For comfort of yourself, you take medicine, if need rises, to help deal with the pain.

How does having large amounts of gold help? The only result will be in high inflation, huge overall prices that will affect all new players, which in the end will only stagnate the grouth of server. And the main focus is not let that happen.
    Tell me, you get 1kk gold, then what? on what are you gonna spend it? On items? or you mean on overpriced items?? ok, you can do that, but again what about new players? can they pay 20k gold on one item? what about 100k, 200k ???. Having a lower cap will enforce the idea of gold circulation.

12. Changing the individual gold cap means nothing when you can create alts and new accounts. If you want to go that route then you're better off blocking players from making more than 1 account per IP rather than touching the gold cap which would also be "not blizz-like". Then you would just have to deal with people who need extra accounts for roommates, family members, etc on the same network.

The question is isn't "how do we limit the amount of gold these people gain?" but rather "how to we get them to spend it?" If we do release the RDF in the last phase of progression I like the gold for RDF idea although it is custom. You could charge a bank fee for anyone storing more than 40k in the bank. But those things don't really motivate people to spend money. They're just a tax.

We could do weekly raffles for non gear items that can't be gained in game. Say 1000g per ticket. Or PVP tournaments with a buy in. Winner gets the pot minus 20% of the total.

13. PVP tournaments with a buy in. Winner gets the pot minus 20% of the total.
    This is Awesome :D

14. Easy - Transmogs . Either way,no matter what you say,you cant call it blizzlike when you have market. So dont be like '' TRansmog isnt blizzlike,there was no transmog back in wotlk'' No one cares!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blizzard didnt make it all 100% correct. You can add your features and still call it blizzlike. Transmog is a great feature,I wont look the same as other 249 dks with bis gear.
    I totally agree with making xmog available and make it cost a lot more gold its ana amazing feature that will go sell with a progression realm breathing life into the old items

15. I totally agree with making xmog available and make it cost a lot more gold its ana amazing feature that will go sell with a progression realm breathing life into the old items
    Yeah Transmogs can bee cool too, But don't you feel odd having it in Wotlk or is it just me ? :o

123 ... Last