1. (Discussion) Ban duration way too low?

Greetings all, i want to start a topic about the ban durations of some rule breakings

As far i know only the account which broke a rule gets banned and you can still use other accounts in the meantime! Can anyone confirm it?

I was always the opinion that some are way too low for example ninjaing (stealing/rolling for an item from raid/group), scamming, power leveling, hacking etc. compared to retail where you have to pay a monthly fee (paying customers) and thus bans there are not similar like here, for example to multibox or using several accounts and generate more money for the company! Warmane is different in that case compared to Blizzard

Today i got scammed and lost a lot of gold at Frostwolf (again - i trust virtual people too much), i decided to start a topic due ban durations

Lets talk about ban durations i know off

1) Power leveling - 1 day ban (they dont get instantly banned, and before they get banned they are already at 90)
    2) Rolling/stealing an item from group/raid - 1 day ban upwards (most players risk it to get an rare item from raids if they had the chance)
    3) Scamming - 30 days (depending on the amount of gold or worth of item its fine more or less)
    4) Exploiting - 1 to 5 days (also a joke for using gamebreaking mechanics for gaining an advantage)
    5) Hacking - 30 days (first attempt)
    6) Wintrading - Permament ban (fine with that, but why this is a perm ban compared to hacking or other stuffs?)
    7) Stealing from guild bank - no bans at all compared to scamming or ninjaing

I still think all rule breakings should be punished way harder. Your opinions about ban durations? If you can still play on other accounts while your banned then bans are not really effective to stop such behaviour
    Edited: July 26, 2015

2. I still think all rule breakings should be punished way harder.
    We disagree. This sort of thing isn't welcome to be a public discussion, however. Especially when many members of the community would start a witch-hunt given the opportunity to do so -- it wouldn't be the first time. If you would like to discuss or make suggestions regarding in-game bans, please feel free to send Aldtharios a private message about it.