1. Why are WW Monks so rare in PvP?

I seriously only see a few here and there but its probably the least played class I've seen aside from ferals. Any reasons as to why that is? The few WW monks I've seen were pretty good and topped the BG leaderboard. I'm just curious as to why its so rare to see them. Are they bad on this server compared to other melee classes?

2. As for myself the ww monk is all about the burst and the thing with ww monks is that they burst is easy to CC.
    For example, you get the 10 stacks + CD and pop Tigereye brew and then as you FOF you get stunned/feared or w/e your burst is gone. I would say it's because ww is too hard to master.

3. As for myself the ww monk is all about the burst and the thing with ww monks is that they burst is easy to CC.
    For example, you get the 10 stacks + CD and pop Tigereye brew and then as you FOF you get stunned/feared or w/e your burst is gone. I would say it's because ww is too hard to master.
    That's true I never thought of it that way. I'm in the process of gearing my monk so I haven't hit that stage yet (still just getting destroyed before I can even notice a burst lol).

4. I would say the reason is that they're pretty useless in 2s. In addition to the ease of damage mitigation already mentioned above, we have little defensive cd's and our heals are only for ourselves which means we can't really top up another dps with heals. So people prefer to play with/as op classes like warriors, mages and locks. And ww is harder to learn which probably puts off a number of people in the process as well.

5. I would say the reason is that they're pretty useless in 2s. In addition to the ease of damage mitigation already mentioned above, we have little defensive cd's and our heals are only for ourselves which means we can't really top up another dps with heals. So people prefer to play with/as op classes like warriors, mages and locks. And ww is harder to learn which probably puts off a number of people in the process as well.
    I'm a 2.2k rated monk and I can say lots of things are currently bugged and not working with monks they are reported but not enough attention to the class. I don't even play with a healer and I got to this point, if you'd like to know stuff let me know, I'll show you good survival and I've pretty much beaten every class in a duel even though the bugs, theres lots of stupid stuff to easily counter monks such as Karma, some classes can just burst through it and take only 5k dmg ticks.

6. I would say the reason is that they're pretty useless in 2s. In addition to the ease of damage mitigation already mentioned above, we have little defensive cd's and our heals are only for ourselves which means we can't really top up another dps with heals. So people prefer to play with/as op classes like warriors, mages and locks. And ww is harder to learn which probably puts off a number of people in the process as well.
    useless in 2s? are you kidding me? a well played ww healer comp is one of the best, if not the best 2s comp there is. hopefully when the majority of the bugs get fixed you'll find out for yourself

7. https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/484
    Pretty much this. Monks are kinda bugged.. heavily. All specs are affected. Like Mw monks doesn't have that 50% haste gained from items in serpent stance.. kinda .... seriously?

8. useless in 2s? are you kidding me? a well played ww healer comp is one of the best, if not the best 2s comp there is. hopefully when the majority of the bugs get fixed you'll find out for yourself
    Mate, that is exactly what I am saying. WW monks are heavily bugged = they are useless in 2s. The lack of offheals and the ease of damage mitigation makes it a difficult comp to play in a double dps setup (not saying it is not viable or that it is atrocious) and the bugs make it a difficult dps+healer comp. I never said anything about retail ww monks, but in Molten everyone prefers to play either as or with one of the facerolling classes such as warriors, locks etc.

I haven't been playing in Frostwolf for a lengthy time, but as far as I am aware the 2.5k+ 2s bracket is filled with the aforementioned classes and finding a ww monk would rather be arduous.

9. Mate, that is exactly what I am saying. WW monks are heavily bugged = they are useless in 2s. The lack of offheals and the ease of damage mitigation makes it a difficult comp to play in a double dps setup (not saying it is not viable or that it is atrocious) and the bugs make it a difficult dps+healer comp. I never said anything about retail ww monks, but in Molten everyone prefers to play either as or with one of the facerolling classes such as warriors, locks etc.

I haven't been playing in Frostwolf for a lengthy time, but as far as I am aware the 2.5k+ 2s bracket is filled with the aforementioned classes and finding a ww monk would rather be arduous.
    I don't know, I'm doing ok regardless of the bugs, been playing mop on here now for a few weeks and am 2.4 now as ww rdru, while being in mostly tyrannical gear. Not many games played either, around 80% win loss.
    I think the problem is most ppl just choose the easy way and roll a warrior.

10. besides the bugs of a private server, ww monk have 0 representation in 3v3 above 2200 in retail (MOP 5.4,8), and you are not alone ret paladines didnt get love in mop either

11. besides the bugs of a private server, ww monk have 0 representation in 3v3 above 2200 in retail (MOP 5.4,8), and you are not alone ret paladines didnt get love in mop either
    I was 2.7 on my WW on retail in 3s and there were 3k rated WW monks too. WW affli rsham was a sick comp.

hunter ww rsham and ele WW priest worked well too

12. besides the bugs of a private server, ww monk have 0 representation in 3v3 above 2200 in retail (MOP 5.4,8), and you are not alone ret paladines didnt get love in mop either
    Lololol, bruh, monk was very very viable in 5.4.8. And there were tons of player above 2.6k let alone 2.2k.

Btw, go watch the blizzcon tournament... Ww monk 2 shotting everything he touches.

For warmane, there are alot of bugs and wrong formulas right now. Monks are in a pretty bad state... Also just like spriest, monks scale as gear progresses. So when wr are in prideful season you'll see yourself being way more present in those arenas cus of the increase in weapon damage and energy regen through haste.
    200k RSK with 60k FOF ticks will **** everything up you touch. Atleast it should do that.

13. I seriously only see a few here and there but its probably the least played class I've seen aside from ferals. Any reasons as to why that is? The few WW monks I've seen were pretty good and topped the BG leaderboard. I'm just curious as to why its so rare to see them. Are they bad on this server compared to other melee classes?
    If i had to take a guess its probably because they are bugged. because in 2s and 3s on live during s15...WW monks were EVERYWHERE. they had some of the best possible mobility, they could actually break out of more then just 1 CC and were over all a pain in the dick when played right. (though most of the WW monks i know said it was fairly easy to play)

As for myself the ww monk is all about the burst and the thing with ww monks is that they burst is easy to CC.
    as i said to the other guy, WW monks are insanely strong. too the point that you'd see more WW monks in 2s or 3s then you'd see rogues, warlocks or mages. and warlocks and mages were pretty fkin popular. it really is likely just a bugged class type of thing. either that or WW really is too difficult for the private server crowd...but id doubt that completely.

14. WW are good but they take a lot of skill to be used to their maximum potential for example you need to know how to control your mobility when to use the right spells at the right time and really bgs don't matter since Arenas are the true PvP potential and if they are good in arenas they get picked in everything but the skill cap is too high for most players.

15. Lololol, bruh, monk was very very viable in 5.4.8. And there were tons of player above 2.6k let alone 2.2k.

Btw, go watch the blizzcon tournament... Ww monk 2 shotting everything he touches.

For warmane, there are alot of bugs and wrong formulas right now. Monks are in a pretty bad state... Also just like spriest, monks scale as gear progresses. So when wr are in prideful season you'll see yourself being way more present in those arenas cus of the increase in weapon damage and energy regen through haste.
    200k RSK with 60k FOF ticks will **** everything up you touch. Atleast it should do that.
    I can get up to 80-90k FoF ticks right now here already, In prideful gear FOF ticks more like 120k on ideal targets x)
    as i said to the other guy, WW monks are insanely strong. too the point that you'd see more WW monks in 2s or 3s then you'd see rogues, warlocks or mages. and warlocks and mages were pretty fkin popular. it really is likely just a bugged class type of thing. either that or WW really is too difficult for the private server crowd...but id doubt that completely.
    lol, don't overexaggerate.. maybe at 1800 or so, at high rating WW were definitely underrepresented but that doesn't make the class bad by default, it just has some glaring weaknesses and many people opt for the easy way and just play warrior instead. (or magelel)

edit: 2610 rating in 2s as WW now btw, in ilvl 512, they're definitely plenty viable here as well

12 Last