1. 5.4.8 PvP TANKY AFFLI GUIDE

Intro:
    Hi, i am Cyxyc, mostly pvp player, with 2,3k exp on wotlk and cata. now i play MoP for few months affli lock and i stopped playing 2s on 2100mmr and started to play 3s (more balanced).
    this guide assumes you understand the classic affli lock mechanisms, it wont explain the basics. for beginners guide, visit the guide listed at the end
    what is affli tank and what is it good for?
    All warlocks heals are % of his total hp and i tried to abuse this a little bit. Affli tank is focused to have as many healing spells and HPs as possible.
    Its extremely good for dueling (I havent lost with this build yet) and for battlegrounds (you can easily solo 2-3 people (depends on their skill, gear, class). The damage is a bit lower than normal affli, but you get much much more survivability. People usually dont even focus me in BGs when they see my HP bar and heals.
    I havent tested this in arena, but i can imagine this to be quite possible to get near to 2k with a hybrid class (balance druid, ele sham, feral). Anyway this is mainly funky build, not for serious pvp.

Pros:
    Great for dueling and BGs
    Nobody will focus you. never. they will always go for other people first.
    Shares items with serious affli pvp, you have to buy only 1 extra item (battlemaster trinket for stamina)
    more fun than normal affli (troll people with your op insta heals from 10% to 70% in one GCD)
    People will be shocked when they see your HP ->instant durotar superstar

Cons:
    Burst heal has 2 min CD
    lower dps than normal affli (not by that much)
    Uses voidwalker (->has to soulburn insta felhunter for silence)

Gear
    use classic affli gear and reforge - stat prior is hit(6%)>haste>mastery>crit
    trinkets: stamina medailon + stamina battlemaster
    Gems: put everywhere blue +240 stam gem, meta gem is 324 stam +2% spell dmg taken (effulgent primal diamond)
    Enchants: put stamina everywhere you can (shoulders, chest, legs...) weapon - jade spirit, boots: 140 mastery + run speed, offhand - 165 int

Glyphs
    Glyph of Siphon life (must have) - the more hp you have, the better heal you get. this is the glyph which makes you unkillable (in BGs have corrupt on as many targets as possible to outheal incoming dmg without using your burst heal)
    Glyph of Healthstone - if you use this, make sure to use it soon enough as its not instant heal. very OP
    Glyph of Eternal Resolve - 10% dmg reduction yes yes yes
    ------------------------------
    Glyph of Curse fo Exhaustion - i love this for kiting people in arena, not really needed for BGs with this build

Talents

i cant see any other option for our purpose. if you wonder why Soul Link + G. of Sacrifise its because theres a hidden bonus: +20% total hp increase. nice, eh?
    Demons
    Always go Voidwalker > sacrifise him.
    *PRO TIP*
    when you need to kill a healer/stop a cast, you can soulburn instant felhunter, use his silence, sacrifise him and use the silence AGAIN! this is really gamebreaking, i couldnt believe blizzard didnt nerf this.

Warlock heal list:
    Healthstone (40% total hp when glyphed, ticks for 600k on my lock)
    Dark Regeneration (30% heal + 25% increased heals)
    Deathcoil (15%)
    Corruption (0,5% from every tick from every target -> i get 4-6k heals from this, will explain how to abuse this in BGs later)
    Grimoire of Sacrifise passive heal (heals me for 18k every 5 seconds)
    remember all these heals are 25% stronger when you pop your Dark Regen! (lasts 12 seconds)
    +touch of the grave for undeads(imho the most underrated racial in the game, i love it)

*PRO TIP n.2* Seed of Corruption + Soulburn
    How to be immortal in BGs - abusing the Corruption glyph
    (the image is taken from Glonglons guide on AJ)

!dont forget to spread your dark souled DoTs with this soulburned Seed of Corruption !
    learn how to use this on dummies, this will really change you from casual warlock to BG war machine. not only it will do tons of damage, it heals you as hell.

THE MIGHTY BURST HEAL MACRO
    #showtooltip
    /use Tyrannical Gladiator's Emblem of Tenacity
    /cast command demon
    /use Master Healing Potion
    /Cast [nomod:alt] Dark Regeneration
    /Cast [nomod:alt] Rejuvenation(Symbiosis)
    /Use [nomod:alt] Healthstone

explanation: 1)activates your battlemaster trinket to get 60k more hp (which will be increased to 90k by shadow bulwark)
    2) uses health potion if you have one (good for BGs, i always have them. they are very cheap, however do not use them in duels! play fair)
    3) your command demon casts Shadow Bulwark from your sacrifised Voidwalker ->30% hp
    4) your Dark regen increases your total Hp by another 30% and increases all the heals you get by 25%
    5) uses Rejuvenation if you have symbiosis from druid
    6) USE THE *** HEALTHSTONE
    7) /lol

*PRO TIP n.3*
    When you are going for a kill (or in a duel), have Dark Souled Dots, Haunt, Curse of Elements rolling but use Fel Flame instead of Malefic Graps. Fel Flame deals much more dmg and you cannot get spell locked. (Why not use it all the time? It eats a lot of mana and you would run out of soul shards without MG). The only reason when channeling MG is batter than spamming Fel Flame is when your target is running out of your LoS.

Does this really work?
    Yes.
    -the 1 death is from nitro boots, lol
    look at the healing done

my HP

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you are new to the warlock class, make sure to learn everything from this guide http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/24...ock-guide-547/ first, before you experiment with this build. (you should know the mechanics, spells, fake casting and manily DOT SNAPSHOTTING

2. while its a novel idea, the aff lock was already tanky in 5.4. in fact an aff lock could easily have about 1mil hp if he used the pet sac on a voidwalker. and ofc thats in normal gear/gems and such. so in alot of ways this guide is largely redundant.

but im sure someone will find it to have helped them in bgs or something so gj :)
    Edited: July 27, 2015

3. i agree lock is quite tanky but thats all i can agree with. in grievious gears, lock with sacced void has around 630k hp. i go full stamina because warlock stacks incredibly well with HPs (and im still not close to 1 miil hp without trinkets). in normal build you dont have enough self heals to win a duel vs. equally geared and skilled player.
    before saying the build its redundant, you should give it a try instead.
    to demonstrate this builds dueling power, i upload a screenshot from todays SUBWARS ( 522 players go 5v5 but its duel after duel style). you can see a have won 3 duels in a row and the 4th player killed me. i think the numbers(heals) are pretty impressive.
    do you think you could do this with your warlock? i dont.

4. Lel what a nab no skill just kill. Pro tip n.4 dodge arenas against warr+heal since 2v2 is unbalanced. Pro tip n.5 kill everybody. Pro tip n.6 fear everybody. PLIZ I IZ MUCH SKEL HAVE

5. i agree lock is quite tanky but thats all i can agree with. in grievious gears, lock with sacced void has around 630k hp. i go full stamina because warlock stacks incredibly well with HPs (and im still not close to 1 miil hp without trinkets). in normal build you dont have enough self heals to win a duel vs. equally geared and skilled player.
    before saying the build its redundant, you should give it a try instead.
    to demonstrate this builds dueling power, i upload a screenshot from todays SUBWARS ( 522 players go 5v5 but its duel after duel style). you can see a have won 3 duels in a row and the 4th player killed me. i think the numbers(heals) are pretty impressive.
    do you think you could do this with your warlock? i dont.
    im not tryin to be mean or anything its just i played s15 lock on live. ive seen what the aff lock can do in full gear (prideful i think was the name) and tbh going full stam is just useless. the class in low gear lvls lacks ALOT of dmg not selfheals (as its not really the focus of the class anymore). the problem being that patch 5.4.8 is balanced, around using the top pvp armor and weapons for pvp. anything less then that will have people doing zero pressure and being perma tanky for no reason. as classes have a baseline res stat. (which if i remember right was near 80% dmg reduce at this point) so if you are having a problem doing dmg just get the arena set... but if molten does what they did with cata. you'll have to wait til they "release" the prideful set.

6. I played in full grievious gear vs full grievious enemies (theres not prideful yet).
    As I said in the guide, this build is for BGs and duels, so your point about pressure is irrelevant and "being tanky for no reason" is pure nonsense. Being tanky means you can outlast your enemies dmg and defeat them with yours..
    Maybe be if you ever played League of Legends its similiar to Ryze playstyle - tanky mage.
    I see your point, but I also saw this build in action and the result was impressive. To convince you, I can support you the gold to try this spec if you play on horde side. Commenting a build you havent played is worthless.