1. actually rogues have more than enough tools to beat warriors.. i'm sub and against warrs i use the talents evasiveness, cloak and dagger, and par.poison. The trick is to have a heavy opener (opening with shadowblades) this will bring a warrs hp down to 2nd wind. The huge pressure should force him to use alot of deff cds. After that vanish (remember that you have 2 vanishes and vanish = damage) open on him again to try to get him to use moredeff cds. once accomplished, blind him to force a trinket and if he does, you can finish him with shadowdance (shadowdance+cloak&dagger > killingspree).. down goes the warr. oh save your trink for his fear if youre not undead. I've seen inexperienced rogues go toe to toe with warrs,.. this is a huge mistake because that's where warrs are strongest.

2. lol as a combat rogue I have no porblems with warrs :'D

3. warriors always fear on begining, if you use will of forsaken on the begining, you have to be one of the worst rogues i have ever seen. and dont wory about me im pretey sure i know what im doing.
    I'm sure you aren't, since you're asking for help against warriors when you're using a class with enough tools to react and counter most classes.

Why the hell WOULDN'T i use the one (1) free fear-removal tool i've got on their only one (1) fear-applying ability? Because he'll storm-bolt/shockwave me? That kind of thing is very predictable, and if past experiences are worth anything (they aren't. Unless for some reason you keep fighting the same warr wherever you go) they'll try to fear, charge, smack around, stormbolt then burst.

Surely you know this, since you know what you're doing, making this thread purpose meaningless.

4. I'm sure you aren't, since you're asking for help against warriors when you're using a class with enough tools to react and counter most classes.

Why the hell WOULDN'T i use the one (1) free fear-removal tool i've got on their only one (1) fear-applying ability? Because he'll storm-bolt/shockwave me? That kind of thing is very predictable, and if past experiences are worth anything (they aren't. Unless for some reason you keep fighting the same warr wherever you go) they'll try to fear, charge, smack around, stormbolt then burst.

Surely you know this, since you know what you're doing, making this thread purpose meaningless.
    you do know that if you use Will of Forsaken you cant use trinket for the next 30 seconds right? for those 30 seconds nothing will save you even if you use all of your cds at once you will be too low to actuly kill a warr. Besides i was asking for a good advice, not for basic pvp stuff that everyone knows, maybe its meaningless to you but its not for others.

5. anyhow, as assassination it is always hard to kill a warrior since they can smash their head on their 6 keybinds and hit you for 200k while scratching their balls, sure i can counter them effectively but if i miss 0.4 seconds he will smash my health to 40%

6. Disarm, gouge and Para poison ar my best friends in arena against a warrior. Open with cheap, 5cp rupture and los him. Restealth and do it all over again until his Second Wind. Burst opener and done.

7. open with expensive shot, slice and dice, swifty macro.

8. their fear goes through the Cloak of Shadows their storm bold goes through Evasion
    Warriors fear is physical effect, not magical.

9. OK, but seriously now.

Pro tip: second wind does not heal them when they are stunned

They are doable, just use your defensive cooldowns.

Now you tell me how to kill monks.

10. Why you have Problems with Wars?
    I personal dont like Mage/Spriest and Monks, but Wars? I never lost any Duel vs a War, and in Bgs i eat the 522 Wars in 1 Shadow Dance. ( I love it when they Charge to Bladestorm the grp, and then they die in 2-3 Sec. )
    Also in Arena i love to play vs Wars.

11. As a rogue if a war is hitting you, youre doing it wrong.

12. OK, but seriously now.

Pro tip: second wind does not heal them when they are stunned

They are doable, just use your defensive cooldowns.

Now you tell me how to kill monks.

Monks are quite easy as a rogue honestly.
    You open on him, if he doesn't pop Brew / Trinket, he dies.

If he pops something (and he will), you just run LoS and get a restealth. Don't worry about the monk healing himself, since you are able to oneshot him anyways.
    Second opener he will probably use his second trinket, or hold on to it. If he holds on to it, he will most likely die or fall to a critical amount of HP.
    He will probably try to either Leg Sweep you (bad monks do that first), or use Paralysis (good monks use that first). You can now either run away again and kill him in the next opener with blades, or try to face him (bad idea)

ONLY face monks in the open if have combat readiness or Evasion ready. Don't use evasion on your opener, because the monk will just paralyze and stun into the para so you won't be able to dodge it.
    If he stuns AND pops cds: Trinket it and evasion and DPS him. Build some CP for your next burst (get SnD up. pool Energy) and DON'T stun him. Every stun you use while you have evasion up is a waste and will make you lose, because it screws your DRs up badly and gives the monk more time to get his cooldowns and ICDs back to kill you.

You have to play well around your DR's and let the monk have as little uptime on you as possible. Note that the monk cannot build up his burst if he can't hit you. He has to have Tiger-Power up, which he can only buff himself by hitting you. Then he also needs to have 5-10 Stacks of his Tigereye Brew, which he can only get by using chi. The only way to do that is by hitting you or using Fists of Fury into the empty. (Waste of cooldown, abuse if he does it)

Your goal is to get him to use his Nimble Brew and his Trinket and then finish him with shadow blades. Most Monks will trinket your opener right away because of its deadliness and try to build up Chi on you.

TL;DR:
    Just open on the monk, see how he reacts.
    If he trinkets-> Run away LoS and restealth. Reopen, force another Cooldown. Repeat until he is dead
    If he doesn't trinket->Keep DPSing him, right before stun ends you run LoS.

Wait for your DRs.

This applies to 1v1 against almost every class as a rogue. Almost the same strategy applies to fighting warriors, DKs etc.
    Rogues are very reliant on their opener in MoP. You don't have the consistent damage like you did in Cataclysm for example. They pretty much revolve around Shadowdance and Openers here. So abuse your Burst of Skill, learn to control your DRs and ICDs and it's almost free Gladiator.
    Edited: September 17, 2015

13. i just love how people say, "oh i got no problem im a sub how are you having a problem?" i dont know if you noticed but i am ASSASSINATION not SUB my grandmother can beat a warr with sub, problem is i dont realy have instant on demand burst as ***, i need to put up various effects and make sure they cant use defensives while i burst or else my burst becomes nearly useless.

14. btw i personaly stoped playing rogues that much because i got bored of mop but feel free to discuss it for other users. and keep in mind that people play Assassination too not just Sub

First 123 Last